Consequences of year round blast and cruise

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Consequences of year round blast and cruise


    Hey bros, doing my winter cycle discussed and critiqued in a previous thread, things are going amazing.. Started off at 195lbs less than 2 months ago after taking 2nd place in a NPC physique competition and up to 218lbs. Up 23lbs trying to get up to 225-230.. And just wondering what are some of the consequences or long term sides of running a year round blast and cruise? Havent picked out compounds yet, but i am absolutely addicted to this lifestyle, i love workin hard, i love destroying the iron, i love pounds of chicken and brown rice all day. However i do want kids one day and my largest concern is if i were to run cycles year round would it make me permanently infertile? Ive been trying to research it and would like to get some input from my bros on AM. Thanks for the input guys


  2. There is no guarantee it will make you infertile, but in the long term it could definitely affect your HPTA negatively. Look at Branch Warren, he had a kid Feb 2012. Also Evan Centopani has a child that was born a couple years ago. However I don't know about Evan but Branch Warren has said(according to a forum) at a UKBFF expo that he cycles 18 weeks on 6 weeks off. Still that's a lot of time on.

    But there's no guarantee it won't make YOU infertile either, it could happen. I think the chances of becoming 100% infertile from steroid use alone are slim, but I wouldn't dismiss it completely. Keep in mind though you could also become infertile without ever cycling, happens to many men all around the world.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
    •   
       


  3. Add HCG to you cycle and it should keep it going.

  4. I know it may be a dumb question but when i normally run my cycles i usually do 250ius of hcg every 3 days, its not a problem to run hcg year round if my cycles going to be year round is it? And what would be an example of a messed up HPTA system? I wont have any deformed kids as a result of all my juicing will I? That my primary concern. Thanks for the input so far, its very helpful and insightful

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzone View Post
    I know it may be a dumb question but when i normally run my cycles i usually do 250ius of hcg every 3 days, its not a problem to run hcg year round if my cycles going to be year round is it? And what would be an example of a messed up HPTA system? I wont have any deformed kids as a result of all my juicing will I? That my primary concern. Thanks for the input so far, its very helpful and insightful
    HCG should keep your balls working but to make sure that everything is working as it should, find a understanding Dr that do blood test every once in a while, that's the only way to really know.

  6. After seeing so many of my friends that had difficulty having children, if that were a concern, I would steer clear. As mentioned, there is no guarantee either way, but I sure would want to put the chances on my side. The mentality is difficult though, because you don't have kids and it is still about you. I have them, so my mind is on how great it is to have them. That puts a bias in my opinion.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    After seeing so many of my friends that had difficulty having children, if that were a concern, I would steer clear. As mentioned, there is no guarantee either way, but I sure would want to put the chances on my side. The mentality is difficult though, because you don't have kids and it is still about you. I have them, so my mind is on how great it is to have them. That puts a bias in my opinion.
    Well said.. The laughter of your child can make any bad day great in a second!!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzone View Post
    Hey bros, doing my winter cycle discussed and critiqued in a previous thread, things are going amazing.. Started off at 195lbs less than 2 months ago after taking 2nd place in a NPC physique competition and up to 218lbs. Up 23lbs trying to get up to 225-230.. And just wondering what are some of the consequences or long term sides of running a year round blast and cruise? Havent picked out compounds yet, but i am absolutely addicted to this lifestyle, i love workin hard, i love destroying the iron, i love pounds of chicken and brown rice all day. However i do want kids one day and my largest concern is if i were to run cycles year round would it make me permanently infertile? Ive been trying to research it and would like to get some input from my bros on AM. Thanks for the input guys
    How old are you? Almost all the salient points have been covered, so I'll just add a few of my own... When you say "blast and cruise" that's usually a phrase used to describe guys like me on lifetime TRT. We can't get off TRT because our natural test is so low, so we cruise to maintain normal levels. (On a side note, I consider my cycles to be blast and blast harder so I never really do true TRT.) So if you have the capability of coming off and producing normal levels of test, then you don't need a cruise phase because it'd be moot plus why compete with the same levels your body can produce naturally? If this is the case, then I'd just blast and come off during the time you propose TRT (cruise). If, however, you want to cruise at higher levels, like maybe 900ng/dl, then you take certain risks. The vast majority of guys can recover after years, even decades, of non-stop AAS. But, you have the very, very few who shut down after a short cycle of nandralone, or even Proscar. I would say that if you are in your 20's, come off and let your body normalize. If you're in your 30's, and you don't really care about kids (not saying that it's a high risk anyway) then go for it. My concern at your age would be the availability of AAS in years to come. It may not always be as easy as it is now. So your source of supply has to be solid. And, after competition, will you still want to do injections at least once a week? To me it's no problem, since I inject ED, 365 days a year. Look at Ronnie Coleman; he hasn't been off his blasting phase for what, 25 years?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    How old are you? Almost all the salient points have been covered, so I'll just add a few of my own... When you say "blast and cruise" that's usually a phrase used to describe guys like me on lifetime TRT. We can't get off TRT because our natural test is so low, so we cruise to maintain normal levels. (On a side note, I consider my cycles to be blast and blast harder so I never really do true TRT.) So if you have the capability of coming off and producing normal levels of test, then you don't need a cruise phase because it'd be moot plus why compete with the same levels your body can produce naturally? If this is the case, then I'd just blast and come off during the time you propose TRT (cruise). If, however, you want to cruise at higher levels, like maybe 900ng/dl, then you take certain risks. The vast majority of guys can recover after years, even decades, of non-stop AAS. But, you have the very, very few who shut down after a short cycle of nandralone, or even Proscar. I would say that if you are in your 20's, come off and let your body normalize. If you're in your 30's, and you don't really care about kids (not saying that it's a high risk anyway) then go for it. My concern at your age would be the availability of AAS in years to come. It may not always be as easy as it is now. So your source of supply has to be solid. And, after competition, will you still want to do injections at least once a week? To me it's no problem, since I inject ED, 365 days a year. Look at Ronnie Coleman; he hasn't been off his blasting phase for what, 25 years?
    Im 22 going on 23 in a couple of months so i am aware i am fairly young to even be considering doing blast and cruises.. I was doing extensive research last night i read watched just about every video and article on the subject. And i discovered that for the most part from my previous experience with aas plus my age and genetics it is unnecessary for me to blast and cruise year round because my body recovers well. I dont have naturally low test levels so theres no need for a true blast and cruise. What i discovered in my research is that what i want to do is run longer cycles where i throw in different compounds here and there and mix up dosages to shock my body into growth and take less time off.. I've seen a lot of your posts and you are much more knowledgeable than i am, given my age and genetic ability to recover from cycles well would you consider it a good idea to run lets say 16-20 week cycles "on" then come completely off all test and things of that nature and just do normal pct of clomid and nolvadex for 4-6 weeks, take a 2 week break of absolutely nothing, then jump back onto another cycle? I feel like that would be similar to a blast and cruise but instead of running low test dosages during the cruise part i would allow my body to let its natural test come back up gradually.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzone View Post
    Im 22 going on 23 in a couple of months so i am aware i am fairly young to even be considering doing blast and cruises.. I was doing extensive research last night i read watched just about every video and article on the subject. And i discovered that for the most part from my previous experience with aas plus my age and genetics it is unnecessary for me to blast and cruise year round because my body recovers well. I dont have naturally low test levels so theres no need for a true blast and cruise. What i discovered in my research is that what i want to do is run longer cycles where i throw in different compounds here and there and mix up dosages to shock my body into growth and take less time off.. I've seen a lot of your posts and you are much more knowledgeable than i am, given my age and genetic ability to recover from cycles well would you consider it a good idea to run lets say 16-20 week cycles "on" then come completely off all test and things of that nature and just do normal pct of clomid and nolvadex for 4-6 weeks, take a 2 week break of absolutely nothing, then jump back onto another cycle? I feel like that would be similar to a blast and cruise but instead of running low test dosages during the cruise part i would allow my body to let its natural test come back up gradually.
    It's good to see you are doing your own research. Keep in mind that at the end of PCT, your body may not be back to normal. PCT is not a science either. It's very possible that you would recover in the same amount of time once you stop with or without PCT, we don't know for sure. PCT is a rule of thumb that makes sense on paper and most guys swear by it, but we don't know really how effective it is or is it necessary. It sure doesn't hurt to follow a program that helps re-start your normal activities. I say this because if you wait 6 weeks while on PCT, then do nothing for two weeks, your body hasn't really re-calibrated. If it were me, I'd wait at least four weeks, get a blood panel to see if everything is back to normal, then decide whether to jump back on. You may be able to blast for 4 months, come off for 2, then back on for 4. That would give you 8 months out of the year that you are on. Just run blood work while you are on, off and see what's going on. Don't rely on how you feel. That way you're making informed decisions and not playing Russian Roulette.
    •   
       


  11. Thanks DetroitHammer, i really appreciate the input.. I have a friend whos mom works for a doctors office that can do all my bloodwork and test levels, im not sure if shes a doctor or just works there but i was going to go thru my friend and have his mom set something up for me to check my levels and make sure my body is all good... And 4 months on and 2 months off is probably the route im going to take in the upcoming months and stick with that for a pretty long time.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mzone View Post
    Thanks DetroitHammer, i really appreciate the input.. I have a friend whos mom works for a doctors office that can do all my bloodwork and test levels, im not sure if shes a doctor or just works there but i was going to go thru my friend and have his mom set something up for me to check my levels and make sure my body is all good... And 4 months on and 2 months off is probably the route im going to take in the upcoming months and stick with that for a pretty long time.
    Sounds pretty interesting, keep me posted, good luck!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post

    It's good to see you are doing your own research. Keep in mind that at the end of PCT, your body may not be back to normal. PCT is not a science either. It's very possible that you would recover in the same amount of time once you stop with or without PCT, we don't know for sure. PCT is a rule of thumb that makes sense on paper and most guys swear by it, but we don't know really how effective it is or is it necessary. It sure doesn't hurt to follow a program that helps re-start your normal activities. I say this because if you wait 6 weeks while on PCT, then do nothing for two weeks, your body hasn't really re-calibrated. If it were me, I'd wait at least four weeks, get a blood panel to see if everything is back to normal, then decide whether to jump back on. You may be able to blast for 4 months, come off for 2, then back on for 4. That would give you 8 months out of the year that you are on. Just run blood work while you are on, off and see what's going on. Don't rely on how you feel. That way you're making informed decisions and not playing Russian Roulette.
    Solid advice here as alwaysz DH. The generic rule is time on = time off but I agree with DH, if your bloodwork comes back in normal ranges then go for it.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Solid advice here as alwaysz DH. The generic rule is time on = time off but I agree with DH, if your bloodwork comes back in normal ranges then go for it.
    Gonna get blood work done in january and prob hop on a high dosage tren/test/mast cycle in february or march and do a physique or bb competition towards the end of cycle and start incorporating hgh at this time as well, assuming body is ready for cycle

  15. Ive been blasting and crusiing for 3 years now and am very happy with it. I cant imagine not being on something. I know that i do not want kids tho and fully expect to be on TRT for the rest of my life

  16. Just remember if you can't have kids, it's the woman's fault.

    But I view cruising as trt.

  17. I've blasted and cruised for the last couple years now, and my wife wants to try for child numero dos, but no luck the last few months....about a month now I've been on clomid and HCG, and got off my test/tren 100/100 cruise.....still waiting but my B's ain't so small so something is working.

    I'm 37 and thought one kiddo was enough (he's 7 now), but my other half has changed my mind lol...I've read guys on blasts had luck with HCG and clomid getting their other halves preggers, so anything's possible I guess....can't really say for certain but there are ways to help improve your chances!!
    True story:

    I give a f**K!!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by waynaferd View Post
    I've blasted and cruised for the last couple years now, and my wife wants to try for child numero dos, but no luck the last few months....about a month now I've been on clomid and HCG, and got off my test/tren 100/100 cruise.....still waiting but my B's ain't so small so something is working.

    I'm 37 and thought one kiddo was enough (he's 7 now), but my other half has changed my mind lol...I've read guys on blasts had luck with HCG and clomid getting their other halves preggers, so anything's possible I guess....can't really say for certain but there are ways to help improve your chances!!
    Good luck, hope it works out for you! See a Dr if nothing happens

  19. Guy that runs 250mg year round and doubles up when he wants a boost will be far healthier than guy that runs high doses for 12 weeks intermittently
    Don't run hCG through your cycle, your leydig cells will desensitise to it and you'll have trouble when you actually need it. Balls will stay big if you run sensible doses and have high IGF-1. If you want to get your mrs pregnant then use it. I know a few guys that got their partner pregnant on +3g cycles with a 5000ui hcg shot

  20. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Guy that runs 250mg year round and doubles up when he wants a boost will be far healthier than guy that runs high doses for 12 weeks intermittently
    Can you expand on this? I'm interested

  21. Quote Originally Posted by waynaferd View Post
    I've blasted and cruised for the last couple years now, and my wife wants to try for child numero dos, but no luck the last few months....about a month now I've been on clomid and HCG, and got off my test/tren 100/100 cruise.....still waiting but my B's ain't so small so something is working.

    I'm 37 and thought one kiddo was enough (he's 7 now), but my other half has changed my mind lol...I've read guys on blasts had luck with HCG and clomid getting their other halves preggers, so anything's possible I guess....can't really say for certain but there are ways to help improve your chances!!
    I've had three kids while on HRT, usually after an HCG blast or running a higher dosed cycle. It takes 3 months for the sperm cells to mature so be patient.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Guy that runs 250mg year round and doubles up when he wants a boost will be far healthier than guy that runs high doses for 12 weeks intermittently
    I understand that this is your opinion and not based on fact, but why do you think this?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I understand that this is your opinion and not based on fact, but why do you think this?
    Because you're running the minimum amount you need to grow and the minimum you need to maintain with no crash in HPTA
    When your older, you will have issues with sperm count and testosterone levels. But luckily we have HRT clinics and sperm banks. Hopefully people will take both arguments and come up with their own logical conclusion instead of just believing what I, or anyone else says at face value

  24. Ok, I assumed that this was opinion, but wanted to make sure. Certainly you understand that 250mg is not anywhere the amount needed to see growth and that test is not the only factor, but just a part of the equation. Also, I am not sure where you are getting your data regarding HPTA, but it is not accurate.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Guy that runs 250mg year round and doubles up when he wants a boost will be far healthier than guy that runs high doses for 12 weeks intermittently
    Don't run hCG through your cycle, your leydig cells will desensitise to it and you'll have trouble when you actually need it. Balls will stay big if you run sensible doses and have high IGF-1. If you want to get your mrs pregnant then use it. I know a few guys that got their partner pregnant on +3g cycles with a 5000ui hcg shot
    Maybe you should use that search button on google and research a bit because your so far off point it's not funny. Running 250mg is enough to suppress your natural testosterone levels, so not coming off means your continually suppressed year round, cycling off and doing a decent pct gets your body back to its natural state of producing endogenous test. So no it's not healthier is actually retarded. Also retarded is your stance of hcg, 250iu e3d is enough to trickle feed an LH signal to the testes, desensitization is not possible on low doses. Every study I've read regarding hcg ( an there's been a few ) state that desensitization o the leydig cells occurs when prolonged use at HIGH dosages. Using hcg on cycle means your testes are still producing testosterone so when you come off recovery is a lot easier.

  26. Delete

  27. If you're going to point something out for being "broscience" at least actually refute the point
    Yeah he will be suppressed all year round. So what? What are the negative health effects from being suppressed year round when you're taking testosterone anyway? Do TRT patients also get these alleged "health effects"? I have no idea what negative health effects you're talking about from running a cc a week. You'll get lowered sperm count, get your sperm frozen. Study done on HRT patients showed this (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1172906), and testosterone therapy was even stopped without PCT.

    Running high doses will influence blood pressure, lipid profiles, I don't really need to go into it. Instead of growing a load then going back to nutjuice (which will only get you so far lets be serious) you're far better off in the long run using the minimum needed to grow and the minimum needed to maintain. If your diet and training is spot on this won't be an issue at all, people are just lazy

  28. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    If you're going to point something out for being "broscience" at least actually refute the point
    Yeah he will be suppressed all year round. So what? What are the negative health effects from being suppressed year round when you're taking testosterone anyway? Do TRT patients also get these alleged "health effects"? I have no idea what negative health effects you're talking about from running a cc a week. You'll get lowered sperm count, get your sperm frozen. Study done on HRT patients showed this (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1172906), and testosterone therapy was even stopped without PCT.

    Running high doses will influence blood pressure, lipid profiles, I don't really need to go into it. Instead of growing a load then going back to nutjuice (which will only get you so far lets be serious) you're far better off in the long run using the minimum needed to grow and the minimum needed to maintain. If your diet and training is spot on this won't be an issue at all, people are just lazy
    I am not going to take any sides in this debate because I think everyone is saying basically the same thing, kind of. In regards to 250cc of test enanthate/cypionate, that’s a dose that is rhetorical but a decent starting point. Without doubt, 100cc of test will suppress your natural production of test, affecting your HPTA. Even 50cc will affect your HPTA. Since each individual has his own metabolic rate and regulation, the amount of test required to maintain clinical normality will vary. I can easily tolerate 250cc a week and my serum test will be roughly 600 ng/dL at 5 days after injection. Others will see levels over 1000. Age also has a lot to do with it, but I think we’re talking about young guys in their 20s maybe early 30s.

    A young healthy male should be able to recover from a cycle and return to his natural levels rapidly, with or without PCT. Since his natural level will be close to what 250cc a week would yield, it won’t be the ideal level for maintaining any growth beyond normal. Unless you are old like me and need help. But a young guy is better off to let his body return to a natural state if that’s what 250cc a week is designed to do. Vigilant blood work would prove this out per individual. Once an individual is unable to maintain levels that TRT doses would yield, then a cruising and blasting routine may be the way to go, but if your body is capable of returning to normal levels, then that would be the healthiest way to go.

    So I tend to agree that 250cc a week is a good TRT dose, I’m not sure that it’s advisable for a young male to jump on that dose when his body is more than capable of sustaining that level of ng/dL naturally.

    I do agree that going on a 20 week cycle of heavy AAS, then coming off, then going back on is not real healthy either. It plays havoc psychologically and physiologically. For that reason, I am not a strong proponent of anyone in their 20s to jump into AAS unless they need to in order to compete or make a living. Then I would follow the same routine that a pro body builder does, and never come off, just go down to maybe 500 test per week, along with other gear, then blast up for the event.

    As far as sperm count goes and other sides, that’s a risk we all take. Most are manageable risks. We have to address each one and determine if we are willing to take that risk with risk mitigation protocols.

    I think the older you are, the more sense it makes to stay on AAS year-round. So your example is spot on for anyone who can’t produce maybe 600ng/dL a week naturally.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by waynaferd View Post
    I've blasted and cruised for the last couple years now, and my wife wants to try for child numero dos, but no luck the last few months....about a month now I've been on clomid and HCG, and got off my test/tren 100/100 cruise.....still waiting but my B's ain't so small so something is working.

    I'm 37 and thought one kiddo was enough (he's 7 now), but my other half has changed my mind lol...I've read guys on blasts had luck with HCG and clomid getting their other halves preggers, so anything's possible I guess....can't really say for certain but there are ways to help improve your chances!!
    Holy hell...I'm 38, youngest is 7 and I can't imagine having another baby at my age.

    Good luck to you, sir. You're more patient than I!
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    I am not going to take any sides in this debate because I think everyone is saying basically the same thing, kind of. In regards to 250cc of test enanthate/cypionate, that’s a dose that is rhetorical but a decent starting point. Without doubt, 100cc of test will suppress your natural production of test, affecting your HPTA. Even 50cc will affect your HPTA. Since each individual has his own metabolic rate and regulation, the amount of test required to maintain clinical normality will vary. I can easily tolerate 250cc a week and my serum test will be roughly 600 ng/dL at 5 days after injection. Others will see levels over 1000. Age also has a lot to do with it, but I think we’re talking about young guys in their 20s maybe early 30s.
    Agree with all of this. I happen to be one of those people that is on 120mg a week split e3.5d and maintain a 750-800 average. Anything more and it bothers me. When I started a few years ago, a single 200mg shot would have me still off the chart 5 days in and made me miserable trying to keep e2 in check and raising my BP.

    But again, test is only part of the equation. I was able to keep muscle and bulk when my test levels were <300. Just a lot more heavy work and a lot closer attention paid to diet.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  2. Blast and cruise help needed
    By JohninAZ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 03:06 AM
  3. TRT blast and cruise question
    By Mikey851 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 07:47 PM
  5. Who likes to blast and cruise?
    By timmmah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Log in
Log in