Testosterone cycle-progress-hair loss fear !!

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Well hi guys.Tomorow i am gonna be at week 4 of testosterone only cycle 500mg per week Monday and Thursday 2 pins by 250mg.
I have gain 4 kilos so far or 8.8lb and i love workouts.Power is going up but nothing crazy so far.My diet is very clean with 5-6 meals per day.

But i have a question.If i use finasteride is there a problem with testosterone's anabolic activity?I read that it lowers testosterone to body in order to prevent conversion to DHT.So can i use finasteride in order to prevent hair loss 2.5mg per day or it should stop anabolic activity of injected testosterone?

Sorry for my silly questions but it is my first cycle and i am a bit noob with facts like this.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I always use Nizoral Shampoo with all of my cycles. I have noticed it helps tremendously. You also can rub it on acne areas and it helps prevent androgen related acne.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
I always use Nizoral Shampoo with all of my cycles. I have noticed it helps tremendously. You also can rub it on acne areas and it helps prevent androgen related acne.
Nizoral shampoo has the ketocozonale active ingredient?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Well hi guys.Tomorow i am gonna be at week 4 of testosterone only cycle 500mg per week Monday and Thursday 2 pins by 250mg.
I have gain 4 kilos so far or 8.8lb and i love workouts.Power is going up but nothing crazy so far.My diet is very clean with 5-6 meals per day.

But i have a question.If i use finasteride is there a problem with testosterone's anabolic activity?I read that it lowers testosterone to body in order to prevent conversion to DHT.So can i use finasteride in order to prevent hair loss 2.5mg per day or it should stop anabolic activity of injected testosterone?

Sorry for my silly questions but it is my first cycle and i am a bit noob with facts like this.
It doesn't lower testosterone, it inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme which converts testosterone to DHT. DHT does not build muscle. Among the many things that DHT does is improve the function of the central nervous system, which works in synergy to build muscle. So indirectly it may affect AAS growth. Proscar can reduce your sex drive considerably, so if you use it, be careful.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
It doesn't lower testosterone, it inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme which converts testosterone to DHT. DHT does not build muscle. Among the many things that DHT does is improve the function of the central nervous system, which works in synergy to build muscle. So indirectly it may affect AAS growth. Proscar can reduce your sex drive considerably, so if you use it, be careful.
AT 2.5mg per day of proscar will i have a sex drive problem?Also if i stop it my sex drive will come back right?And what about ketocozolane?What u advice me to take for hair protection?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
AT 2.5mg per day of proscar will i have a sex drive problem?Also if i stop it my sex drive will come back right?And what about ketocozolane?What u advice me to take for hair protection?
Not everyone will experience a decline in sex drive with Proscar. Many will. And yes, it will bounce right back once you stop. I gave up on my hair decades ago. Can't help you there.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Not everyone will experience a decline in sex drive with Proscar. Many will. And yes, it will bounce right back once you stop. I gave up on my hair decades ago. Can't help you there.
For some the damage is permanent. A lot of lawsuits out there right now. Finasteride can f- some guys up long term/for life, be careful with it.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
For some the damage is permanent. A lot of lawsuits out there right now. Finasteride can f- some guys up long term/for life, be careful with it.
Interesting. When you think about it, I can't see how it could possibly have any effect once you stop taking it. It only competes for the receptors, it's not a suicidal block. I may research this later to see what they're talking about.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Interesting. When you think about it, I can't see how it could possibly have any effect once you stop taking it. It only competes for the receptors, it's not a suicidal block. I may research this later to see what they're talking about.
It doesn't effect everyone that way, but for the guys it does effect, it can be life altering.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this is what I found after poring over a lot of data: "...that the number of men experiencing long-lasting side effects from finasteride is small, although the incidence of sexual side effects in clinical trials was around 2%, the incidence of persistent sexual side effects is unknown, but likely less than 0.1%. But because the medication is prescribed so commonly, it’s still a lot of people, likely several thousand men around the world,”

TRTDetroit

TRTDetroit

Awards
Man just the thought of losing my drive would steer me away from those chemicals. I've given up on the hair too. I'm over it.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. What is the point of having hair to pick up chicks if you can't make your dick work. IMO opinion its not worth it. I am in the same boat as you. Just run hair safe cycles and maintain what you have as long as possible or just say F it and go all out.

To me propecia is not worth the risk of permanent emasculating side effects.

bruski36

Awards
I'm 51 years olds......... full head of hair AAS effects everyone differently

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. What is the point of having hair to pick up chicks if you can't make your dick work. IMO opinion its not worth it. I am in the same boat as you. Just run hair safe cycles and maintain what you have as long as possible or just say F it and go all out.

To me propecia is not worth the risk of permanent emasculating side effects.
I still have my doubts on the observations. They were not clinical studies and I have yet to find a scientific link as to how it could possibly affect the conversion of test to DHT. The guys who had problems with ED after taking proscar did not provide DHT samples after they stopped taking it. We have no idea if Proscar had any effect on their ed problems. It's not even good speculation at this time. Until I see a clinical study that shows levels of Test/DHT before, during and after use of Proscar, there is no reason to assume ed problems if you use it. In fact, if you are using nandralone your risk of ed is much greater, if not assured.

I should add that they "clinical" studies referenced in my post were not really clinical studies but observations.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I still have my doubts on the observations. They were not clinical studies and I have yet to find a scientific link as to how it could possibly affect the conversion of test to DHT. The guys who had problems with ED after taking proscar did not provide DHT samples after they stopped taking it. We have no idea if Proscar had any effect on their ed problems. It's not even good speculation at this time. Until I see a clinical study that shows levels of Test/DHT before, during and after use of Proscar, there is no reason to assume ed problems if you use it. In fact, if you are using nandralone your risk of ed is much greater, if not assured.

I should add that they "clinical" studies referenced in my post were not really clinical studies but observations.
I agree with the fact that there needs to be more clinical or scientific evidence. But of the 5 people I know who took propecia, 4 of them had sexual sides, 2 of them had sexual sides that have lasted over a year after ceasing usage (and still having the sides as we speak), 1 developed mild gyno, and 1 had zero sides. Only one of these have ever taken any type of steroid, ph, etc. he was one of the ones who had sexual sides that ceased after usage.

While this is in no way clinical evidence, it is enough to make me not want to use it, even if there is no proof that propecia was the cause. It is too coincidental for me

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the fact that there needs to be more clinical or scientific evidence. But of the 5 people I know who took propecia, 4 of them had sexual sides, 2 of them had sexual sides that have lasted over a year after ceasing usage (and still having the sides as we speak), 1 developed mild gyno, and 1 had zero sides. Only one of these have ever taken any type of steroid, ph, etc. he was one of the ones who had sexual sides that ceased after usage.

While this is in no way clinical evidence, it is enough to make me not want to use it, even if there is no proof that propecia was the cause. It is too coincidental for me
It's always best to err on the side of caution. I've taken it and stopped because it didn't do a thing for my prostrate and I noticed the beginnings of ED. The gyno you experienced would be due to an increase in E2 which Proscar may have an indirect effect on. It's possible that free test, not converted to DHT is aromatized at a higher rate due to more available test.