Cytomel help?

  1. New Member
    bolt thrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    16
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    82%

    Cytomel help?


    Hi all. So gonna start Cytomel this September and was wondering a couple of things:

    -would low doses Cytomel be effective? (i.e. 25, 37.5, 50, 62.5, 62.5, 50, 37.5, 25-ramping up/down every 72 hours)?
    -using 100 mg. of Cypionate with it per week or should it be more?

    I basically want to get some good fat loss with minimal usage of T3/test.

    By the way a bit of history-male, 40 yrs. old, training on/off 26 yrs. with the latest stretch being 5+ years. Competed in powerlifting and strongman and have used gear in the past. Have been eating strict for the last 20 or so weeks and have dropped about 41 lbs, have stalled the last 3 weeks even while keeping everything strict. I am loving eating well by the way and it"s beyond easy when you see and feel the health benefits (gee surprise surprise lol).

    Thanks so very much everyone.

  2. New Member
    El Hefe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    7926
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt thrower
    Hi all. So gonna start Cytomel this September and was wondering a couple of things:

    -would low doses Cytomel be effective? (i.e. 25, 37.5, 50, 62.5, 62.5, 50, 37.5, 25-ramping up/down every 72 hours)?
    -using 100 mg. of Cypionate with it per week or should it be more?

    I basically want to get some good fat loss with minimal usage of T3/test.

    By the way a bit of history-male, 40 yrs. old, training on/off 26 yrs. with the latest stretch being 5+ years. Competed in powerlifting and strongman and have used gear in the past. Have been eating strict for the last 20 or so weeks and have dropped about 41 lbs, have stalled the last 3 weeks even while keeping everything strict. I am loving eating well by the way and it"s beyond easy when you see and feel the health benefits (gee surprise surprise lol).

    Thanks so very much everyone.
    Any gear with the T3?

    There's a lot of old school tapering thoughts out there that I disagree with.

    Tapering up is fine if you want to subtly adjust, especially if its your first time. But tapering down is useless because your thyroid won't recover til the supp T3 is out of your system.

    Also, I think 50 mcg is a good dose. It's not so high that you'll have muscle wasting issues. It's also enough to stimulate your metabolic rate enough to burn a little extra fat.

    But most importantly a rate of 50 mcg can improve your PTOR (protein synthesis) and help build muscle. Also, 50 mcg is very easy to recover from. After 4-5 days off, I'm back to feeling normal.

    But I also think it should be ran with AAS.
  3. Senior Member
    GLHF's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    5901
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    66.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    How is tapering down thyroid hormone useless??? I understand Ur not gonna recover better from tapering down since its still an artificial intake of the hormone but if u get upto 75mcg t3 Ed and just stop u gonna crash so bad. Ull gain so much fat very fast.

    The cold turkey stopping comes from pre contest cycles where they would stop everything day after contest.

    U should always taper down the way u tapered up with thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are not androgenic steroids with esters !! So tapering down test enan for example is useless unless u run like a gram an than down to HRT dose.

    Do not underestimate thyroid hormones.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    El Hefe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    7926
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by GLHF
    How is tapering down thyroid hormone useless??? I understand Ur not gonna recover better from tapering down since its still an artificial intake of the hormone but if u get upto 75mcg t3 Ed and just stop u gonna crash so bad. Ull gain so much fat very fast.

    The cold turkey stopping comes from pre contest cycles where they would stop everything day after contest.

    U should always taper down the way u tapered up with thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are not androgenic steroids with esters !! So tapering down test enan for example is useless unless u run like a gram an than down to HRT dose.

    Do not underestimate thyroid hormones.
    If your running 50 mcg, your natural thyroid production is suppressed because its significantly higher than normal levels. Also, if your running 75 or 100 mcg, your still just as suppressed as with 50 mcg. Therefore, when you stop, you have a period of 3 days to 2 weeks (in more extreme cases) for your natural thyroid production to resume to normal levels.

    So yes, it is very similar to tapering AAS. Recovery doesn't start until supplemental hormones are gone.

    As for the crash - it's not the drop that's hard. Meaning you could quickly drop from 150 down to 50 and you'd be ok. Its going to zero that's hard. Suppressed thyroid is hard not matter how high you were.

    But wouldn't necessarily recommend stopping cold turkey at 125-150 mcg because I don't think anybody needs to go that high.

    50 mcg is a significant amount. If you can't make good thinks happen in the 50-75 mcg range, then something's wrong. A lot of guys do well on 25.

    Also, I haven't had any rebound/ fat gain stopping a 50 mcg T3 run without tapering. I know many others who run T3 this way as well.

    Here's a trick that works for me. If your running a 10 week AAS cycle, only run T3 for the first 7 or 8 weeks. That way, when you come off, your anabolic and metabolic state is as such that you'll hardly notice you quit the T3. Much easier than stopping the T3 at the same time you stop the AAS.

    Hope this helps.
  5. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20689
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Be careful when messing with your thyroid. Some say it's as resilient as the liver, but I am not convinced. Just like the pancreas, I wouldn't use insulin just to get the anabolic effect, risking diabetes. Everything these guys have said is very credible. A lot of guys use T3. I did, 25mgs a day, and didn't notice anything. If you research clinical studies most will tell you using T3 for weight loss is not going to happen. They cite risks to the thyroid which may be long lasting and zero weight loss due to T3. The thyroid is nothing to mess with so be absolutely sure that's what you want to do.
  6. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,471
    Rep Power
    1861618
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    70.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    Be careful when messing with your thyroid. Some say it's as resilient as the liver, but I am not convinced. Just like the pancreas, I wouldn't use insulin just to get the anabolic effect, risking diabetes. Everything these guys have said is very credible. A lot of guys use T3. I did, 25mgs a day, and didn't notice anything. If you research clinical studies most will tell you using T3 for weight loss is not going to happen. They cite risks to the thyroid which may be long lasting and zero weight loss due to T3. The thyroid is nothing to mess with so be absolutely sure that's what you want to do.
    The thyroid is something I don't think ill ever mess with. I've seen a couple close friends not recover from t3 use. They wouldn't share what they were dosing it at or for how long so I'm going to hazard a guess and say they abused it but still not something I want to mess with.
  7. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,508
    Rep Power
    536781
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    22.35%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Solid thread on Thyroid (T3) use
    Fighting my genetics with T3!(myths destroyed)

    Thyroid Recovery
    Recovering from T3 (Thyroid) use
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  8. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20689
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Very good thread. I don't claim to know much about T3, but your citation makes it easier to experiment with it.
  9. Senior Member
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,341
    Rep Power
    74258
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    64.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I've taken it up to 100mcg could of been bunk or under dosed. I just stopped and felt no change
  10. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,508
    Rep Power
    536781
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    22.35%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Then its DEF bunk

    Quote Originally Posted by thyrod View Post
    I've taken it up to 100mcg could of been bunk or under dosed. I just stopped and felt no change
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  11. Senior Member
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,341
    Rep Power
    74258
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    64.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yeah I figured that aswell man
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 01:58 AM
  3. Cytomel help...
    By Xenabuffyfan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 01:15 AM
  4. Cutting? Have Winny, Clen, Cytomel...Help!
    By roidmuncher in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 01:56 AM
  5. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 01:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in