First Test cycle.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. German High volume training is really the only way I have successfully gotten my shoulders to grow. I can get them stronger but just not bigger. Not sure why.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    German High volume training is really the only way I have successfully gotten my shoulders to grow. I can get them stronger but just not bigger. Not sure why.
    That's strange generally if a muscle won't grow, and ur diet is in point, it's due to over working it. My shoulders are very big and I generally only do a few focused exercises a week. They are small but don't heal and grow like other small muscle groups. Calves grow great if worked 6 times a week so do forearms. But shoulders are much more complex. I'm of the opinion less is more when it comes to shoulders.
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751
    •   

3. Alright so here is a quick review of my week so far. I'm up 3/4 pounds after 5 days of the cycle. Feeling good, already noticing the pumps from the tbol. I certainly have found what body parts on my are legging, those are bi/tris. I had a hard time doing 10 dips nevermind 10 sets of them. I could blame that on having shoulder surgery a year ago, but..... that's bs I should have worked passed that by now. So moving forward. First day was back and chest. I pushed hard and didn't recover from that for a solid three days. I work as a bouncer when the patch is slow and I was praying I wasn't going to have to be physical with anyone after that workout. I could barely scratch my lats. Deadlifts were a humbling experience I was at the point of nausea at least twice during that workout. Day two was legs and abs, honestly that was a much easier day, as it works my stronger muscles. From rugby and basketball I've built a strong pair of legs over the years. At 230 pounds I still have a 36 inch vert. Squats were hell though, in the best way possible. I felt very motivated to drive through the toughness of the workout. Was sore for maybe a day. Day three was bi's and tris. It was humbling as it showed what I really need to workout. I really want to turn that weakness into a strength, and when I move forward on this cycle if I'm going to double up a body part for a workout, it will be them. The pumps seems to really come during hammer curls. It was day four of taking tbol, and maybe it was a placebo effect, but it really felt good and pumped. Today was a rest day and probably really needed. I was crazy dehydrated yesterday and this morning. So I spent the day nursing that and pounding water like it was going out of style. I will admit I was a little freaked out to see my urine a reddish brown color. I thought holy ****, could the tbol f'd my liver over four days. I as I said drank like a fish (water) and things were restored to order.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    Alright so here is a quick review of my week so far. I'm up 3/4 pounds after 5 days of the cycle. Feeling good, already noticing the pumps from the tbol. I certainly have found what body parts on my are legging, those are bi/tris. I had a hard time doing 10 dips nevermind 10 sets of them. I could blame that on having shoulder surgery a year ago, but..... that's bs I should have worked passed that by now. So moving forward. First day was back and chest. I pushed hard and didn't recover from that for a solid three days. I work as a bouncer when the patch is slow and I was praying I wasn't going to have to be physical with anyone after that workout. I could barely scratch my lats. Deadlifts were a humbling experience I was at the point of nausea at least twice during that workout. Day two was legs and abs, honestly that was a much easier day, as it works my stronger muscles. From rugby and basketball I've built a strong pair of legs over the years. At 230 pounds I still have a 36 inch vert. Squats were hell though, in the best way possible. I felt very motivated to drive through the toughness of the workout. Was sore for maybe a day. Day three was bi's and tris. It was humbling as it showed what I really need to workout. I really want to turn that weakness into a strength, and when I move forward on this cycle if I'm going to double up a body part for a workout, it will be them. The pumps seems to really come during hammer curls. It was day four of taking tbol, and maybe it was a placebo effect, but it really felt good and pumped. Today was a rest day and probably really needed. I was crazy dehydrated yesterday and this morning. So I spent the day nursing that and pounding water like it was going out of style. I will admit I was a little freaked out to see my urine a reddish brown color. I thought holy ****, could the tbol f'd my liver over four days. I as I said drank like a fish (water) and things were restored to order.
    You taking any kind of liver support? I couldn't find it in your op you need to be with the orals

5. Yea cycle assist and liver armor.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    Yea cycle assist and liver armor.
    Good deal well make sure you keep your water intake up good luck with your cycle I'm in to watch progress

7. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    Yea cycle assist and liver armor.
    I drink upwards of 2 gallons a day with any orals and it does wonders

8. So I am on day 13 of my cycle. So far its been a pretty awesome ride. As of right now, I've gone from 230-239. I was pretty stoked on it before one of my know it all gear-head training partners **** all over it. The long and the short of it, he thinks naturally I should have been able to get to 260 and maintain 8-12 percent body fat. So to start a cycle at 230 he thinks its only effective because Im so far under my natural potential. Once I'm off cycle I'll loose all my gains and be out a decent amount of money. Well only time will tell I suppose. Either way I'm pretty high on life right now. I'm really not getting sore after workouts. The back pumps from the tbol have subsided. GVT is kicking the ever living crap out of me. I'm essentially running two variations of GVT simultaneously which means six days of GVT a week. I feel as if I'm lower in body fat then when I started, if it has gone up it is negligible. So, that puts a lot of the worry out of my mind when it comes to is this all water and fat. Another sign that it isn't my lifts are getting a llllllot better. Even in this short period of time. My bench absolutely sucks, Im thinking my 1rm is about 240-260. Which I mean at 18 I could bench 280 at 205. That was a torn rotator cuff ago, but I wont let it depress me. My workouts sort of start off on a sour note as I do 10 sets of 10 at 165. I've been trying to contract the weight painfully slowly, pause on my chest and pause at the lockout of the lift. Going from bench to squats feels good as my working sets are 10 sets of 295. I have had some people look at the weight and say, yea he's only doing 10 reps I do that for like 15. Shortly there asking me how many sets I have left, the odd expression of shock and disbelief when I tell them 8 or 9 is sort of fun. I've found where I'm going to pin from now on. I'm done pinning in my quad. It just messes with me to much mentally. I end up slamming the fluid in my leg and the pip is unnecessarily bad. My delt seems to be pretty dang easy both mentally and without getting pip. The alpha feeling seems to be increasing by the day. I look forward to going to the gym the moment I wake up. And when my girl seems to do everything she can to prevent me from going, I feel pretty cagy. Its the closest I've felt to training for a big fight, since boxing. And I absolutely love it. On a random note, I've felt better working the door (bouncing). I mean at 6'6 and 230 I'm the smallest guy on my staff. The next smallest is 6'6 and 255-60. The man is a curl bro though so his arms are huyuuuuge. He is open about not training his legs though, so I guess it evens out. Day by day I'm starting to feel like I belong on the door. Last fun glimpse into my life, had to throw a bouncer out of my bar that used to work there. He was a handful, it culminated in me having to carry him out of the bar and drop him on the sidewalk outside the bar. Conveniently the police were there so it didn't escalate any further. Unfortunately that was after a heavy deadlift day and I try to bad ass strut/limp back into the bar after the adrenaline came down.

9. In for the massivicity.
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

10. So I just came back from the gym. This week has been awesome. I started takin an AI, I'm taking arimidex every other day and a mg worth. I've heard guys take as little as .25 mg a day and up to 1.5mg. I imagine in is connected to how heavy of a cycle you are on and how prone to bloat you are. I honestly think my steroids are on steroids. My hunger is threw the roof. I worked the last couple nights at the bar and as my evening two snacks had an 8 ounce steak sammich with sweet tatter fries. I mean for normal people that's a decent dinner. I'm gladly eating 6-8 meals a day and are eating between 5500-6500 cals a day. Drinking a **** tonne of agua, and no coronas. Which I mean it's cinco de mayo so that'll be hard but I'm sticking to it. My family is having, as we do, a big Mexican feast. I'll let today be a cheat day, I just won't hit the deep fried icecream. More then twice. Hopefully, haha. So I think my steroids are basically on steroids. Im up 12 pounds and its day 17. I was concerned that it was mostly bloat but my lifts say other wise. I pulled my previous 1rm of 485 for 5, at the end of my gvt workout. I cant wait to break 500 and watch the bar bend. I don't mean to sound cocky, but if not in the next 8 weeks, 500 will be mine within 6 months. Also I haven't gained any inches around my waste so I feel I'm putting on some decent muscle. The before and after picture I can imagine are going to be fairly drastic. That's all for now, this coming week I think I'm going to start posting my exact lifts and a little more workout specific numbers.

11. Good job big fella! Keep eating and you'll be huge
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

12. I'll keep this quick and dirty. Weight has plateaued out a little. Still up 15 pounds. Lifts were fukucking awesome. Well for me.
    Today
    Squat 315 for 6 sets of 5. (Depth Im going to is parallel of slightly below, a very slow controlled contraction on the way down and I almost try to jump to the top)
    Deadlift 405 7 sets of 5.
    Bench sucked 8 sets of 5 at 160.

13. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    I'll keep this quick and dirty. Weight has plateaued out a little. Still up 15 pounds. Lifts were fukucking awesome. Well for me.
    Today
    Squat 315 for 6 sets of 5. (Depth Im going to is parallel of slightly below, a very slow controlled contraction on the way down and I almost try to jump to the top)
    Deadlift 405 7 sets of 5.
    Bench sucked 8 sets of 5 at 160.
    I would focus on your bench for sure

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post

I would focus on your bench for sure
    Pull ups 2:1 bench

15. So a little update. Things are coming on strong, still putting on poundage fast on the bar and my body. This coming Thursday it will be week four and I'm up 22 pounds. Haven't added an inch to my waste my arms are my cut, and my abs likely are to, then when I started. So feeling pretty good about how much of that could be lean gains. Been actually hitting the gym twice a day. Going at 5am, then after work at 5. Feels firkin awesome. The morning is small muscle group training, bis tris shoulders that sort of thing. In the evening its GVT balls to the wall. I`ve been really mindful of keeping my form solid on squats. I mean I see a lot of guys putting on 4 ot 5 plates and doing partial squats. What I rather do is use two and a quarter wheels and drop A2G. I`m trying to lift as if its at a tournament. Yea, so my clothes is starting to fit, differently. At work I had to trade up my 2x to 3x shirt. Now to exsplain, while bouncing I wear a vest underneath my shirt. Which either way Im getting bigger, which is my goal. I`ve put an inch on my arms. Still pipecleaners but I`m getting them there. Cold they are sitting at 17.25, pumped around 17 and a half to three quarters. Im aiming for cut up 19`s or slightly soft 20`s.

16. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    So a little update. Things are coming on strong, still putting on poundage fast on the bar and my body. This coming Thursday it will be week four and I'm up 22 pounds. Haven't added an inch to my waste my arms are my cut, and my abs likely are to, then when I started. So feeling pretty good about how much of that could be lean gains. Been actually hitting the gym twice a day. Going at 5am, then after work at 5. Feels firkin awesome. The morning is small muscle group training, bis tris shoulders that sort of thing. In the evening its GVT balls to the wall. I`ve been really mindful of keeping my form solid on squats. I mean I see a lot of guys putting on 4 ot 5 plates and doing partial squats. What I rather do is use two and a quarter wheels and drop A2G. I`m trying to lift as if its at a tournament. Yea, so my clothes is starting to fit, differently. At work I had to trade up my 2x to 3x shirt. Now to exsplain, while bouncing I wear a vest underneath my shirt. Which either way Im getting bigger, which is my goal. I`ve put an inch on my arms. Still pipecleaners but I`m getting them there. Cold they are sitting at 17.25, pumped around 17 and a half to three quarters. Im aiming for cut up 19`s or slightly soft 20`s.
    When did you start to notice strength increase?

And how are the sides?

17. Id say I started to notice the strength gains after about 15 days. The sides are not bad, hardly existant really. Back pumps that's about it. The pip from one of my injections was really bad, but I didn't head the fluid at all and rushed the heck out of injecting it.

18. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    Id say I started to notice the strength gains after about 15 days. The sides are not bad, hardly existant really. Back pumps that's about it. The pip from one of my injections was really bad, but I didn't head the fluid at all and rushed the heck out of injecting it.
    Yeah that sucks I'm running test e and var right now

19. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    Id say I started to notice the strength gains after about 15 days. The sides are not bad, hardly existant really. Back pumps that's about it. The pip from one of my injections was really bad, but I didn't head the fluid at all and rushed the heck out of injecting it.
    Yeah that sucks I'm running test e and var right now

20. So todays workout was fun. Alright, so stats, I'm up to 252. This is the first time I have broken 250. Really pumped me up for my workout. My workout included me thoroughly kicking the **** out of myself. squated 365 for 5 sets of 5. That's 50 pounds heavier then two days ago. Puked after my last set, not to let that detour me though. Pulled 385 for 6 sets of 5. My back was getting pretty pumped after squats so I didn't want to jump up to 405. Bench did 3 sets of six at 160, the weight felt light. Did the next 3 sets at 185. I mean not a lot of weight, but its progress to me. Sitting at 252 Im feeling really good. I'm considering redoing my diet though, I mean I'm not seeing a whole lot of water retention of fat. I mean Im more vascular then when I started the cycle. So yea..... sort of waiting for the scale to stop moving as fast as it is.

21. Havent had much to update on as of late. So ill give a real brief one. I had a rugby tournament this weekend so I didnt lift. I can see why aas are considered performance enhancers. I felt faster then I did when I played semi pro. At the time I ran a 4.8 40. So a 255 pound man moving down the field that quick makes for a daunting tackle. **** was like playing in a dream almost. Im hooked. Motivated as hell to kill it in the gym today. Im noticing a wee bit of bloat, but ill just have to re uup my water intake. That and take my Ai. Im looking forward to pushing some big weights and running over some fools.

22. Yeah, your AI should help reduce bloat

23. feeling on top of the world.
    Bench 160x5 170x5 185x5 205x5 225x3. Beats the **** out of 160 for five sets of five
    Deadlift 365x5 for 4 sets. 475x5 for 2 sets.
    squat. I went a little light on this since my hammy was still tight from rugby this weekend.
    275x5 for 4 sets. 365x5 385x3. All and all a fairly productive day.

24. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    feeling on top of the world.
    Bench 160x5 170x5 185x5 205x5 225x3. Beats the **** out of 160 for five sets of five
    squat. I went a little light on this since my hammy was still tight from rugby this weekend.
    You went from benching 160 to benching 225 in 13 days?

25. From 160 for five sets of 5. to 225 for a single set of three. To be accurate.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post

You went from benching 160 to benching 225 in 13 days?
    I believe it for sure.
    I couldn't believe how I went from a 275 bench to 300 to 315 just on a test cycle, and eventually 350. There's only like 2 guys I talk to at the gym and I only see them like once a month maybe. But they both separately couldn't believe the visable change in my appearance and then the tremendous change in my lifts.
    You see yourself everyday so may not notice the changes compared to someone who sees you once a month.

27. Quote Originally Posted by bigbrawler View Post
    feeling on top of the world.
    Sick weights bruh! Good work on bench
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

28. Been to long since my last update. I have had a few workouts since the last one. Well, anyway onwards and upwards.
    Bench 185x5x3 205x5x2.
    Squats I really wanted to hammer in my form so I did two second pause squats (at the bottom)
    275x5x7 sets. On the last set I did 10. My legs were on FIRE!
    Deadlift 365x5x8 sets.

This is the last week of the high volume phase of my GVT. The next workout will be low volume height weight, so I really wanted to hammer in my form so when on squat I'm going after 385 for three I know proper depth and have confidence in it. Same with bench. Deadlift is a caveman movement so I'm not worried. The test has kicked in with avengance. I had a few days where moon face looked like it could be a problem but my ai and drinking a stupid amount of water helped. Along with shredding my sodium intake.

Look forward to reporting some big lifts in the near future.

29. So I love the high intensity part of Gvt.
    These are my first two workout numbers
    Bench 225x3x3 245x2x2
    squat 365x3x3 385x2x2 the last one I thought I was going to vomit or crap myself in tandem.
    Deadlift 405x3x3 475x2x2. The last rep was hitched up, but in this phase of gvt grinding is alright. Im not looking to get a judge to pass my lifts, just to kick my ass.

Workout today.
    Bench same, other then the last two seemed a lot less of a struggle
    Squat tried a single at 405, got it up but might have not gone to proper depth.
    Deads, same other then the 405's seemed to fly up.

30. So a couple more workouts. The weight is going the right direction, not the mad jumps in poundage like the start of the cycle. Im at 256 at the moment. That's 26/28 pounds increase so far. Cant cry about that. So the numbers.

Saturday workout
    Bench same as last workout just felt a lot better on the doubles
    Squat got two clean at 405
    Dead same as last workout other then I tried 485 and failed it. Got it over my knees but not all that close to a lock out. I mean its to be expected you don't try a previous personal best when you are basically exhausted

todays (Monday workout)
    Bench first two sets the same. Tried 245 for a triple and got it. The doubles at 245 were pretty ****ty but still passable lifts.
    Squat Same as Saturday
    Dead. Did a warm up set and went after 485. I decided if I made the lift I'd stop the workout out and end it on a success. I made the lift, my back might have been a bit rounded out. I didn't hitch it though. So yea I was fairly stoked on life. Did my heavy doubles and called it a day.

Working hard for that double my body weight deadlift.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Test Cycle...how It Look?
    By evs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
  2. starting my first test cycle
    By EctoMorphius in forum Pics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 05:27 AM
  3. starting my first test cycle
    By EctoMorphius in forum Pics