How you know you have hit a vein. - AnabolicMinds.com

How you know you have hit a vein.

  1. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    How you know you have hit a vein.


    For your viewing pleasure, what it looks like when you hit a vein.

    Name:  IMAG0103.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  188.2 KB


    That is most of it the rest is currently being sponged off the floor.

    I pulled the pin and was life oh ****. BLOOD!!!!!


    Anyways enjoy learning from my pain.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards

  2. Senior Member
    GLHF's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    5898

    Reputation

    Haha that's the way. It is a little freaky when it happens but remember to stay calm and react.
  3. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GLHF View Post
    Haha that's the way. It is a little freaky when it happens but remember to stay calm and react.
    I just sat there and started cleaning myself up.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    PintSizPopeye's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    104

    Reputation

    Re: How you know you have hit a vein.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    I just sat there and started cleaning myself up.
    Haven't had the pleasure to hit one yet, but this is making me rethink pinning in a carpeted room. Maybe I should move to the kitchen...

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PintSizPopeye View Post
    Haven't had the pleasure to hit one yet, but this is making me rethink pinning in a carpeted room. Maybe I should move to the kitchen...

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah there is a small stain on the carpet now.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  6. Advanced Member
    GreenEarth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    15010

    Reputation

    Looks like my shirts after going ravenous on all you can eat sloppy joes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTaylor View Post
    I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids
  7. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    33429

    Reputation

    Assuming nothing generally happens when you stick yourself; only when you pull out?

    Either way, not looking forward to this.
  8. New Member
    juggaloaded's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Finally, closure. I have always worried when blood comes out but never has it been that much. Thanks and good job for the example a lot of people ask this Q.
    Forever Power!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    Assuming nothing generally happens when you stick yourself; only when you pull out?

    Either way, not looking forward to this.
    Yeah it was not bleeding until the pin was pulled out and then the water works started.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  10. New Member
    IFBBound's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    Lol gerbil. What a mess! I haven't done that in 2 years of pinning. And hope never, I'm sure u handled it better than I would have. Is that ur quad u were pinning?
  11. Banned
    AwhYeah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Yeah man, I'm gonna get some Tampax, just incase.
  12. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by IFBBound View Post
    Lol gerbil. What a mess! I haven't done that in 2 years of pinning. And hope never, I'm sure u handled it better than I would have. Is that ur quad u were pinning?
    Yeah that was the quad. It was a new experience for me. Hopefully I wont be repeating it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  13. New Member
    bigt405's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    9326

    Reputation

    I pinned in my quad earlier today and I must say I am glad I did not see this post first lol. That looks like a mess......
  14. Advanced Member
    Slappy244's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    203404

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I guess that's the risk of pinning in an easy to reach spot. I've read a thread similar to this before where a bro hit a vessel in the quad and squirted blood all over the bathroom. Have you tried ventragluteal? It's a not that hard to reach, just do the dance to "I'm a little tea pot", and the hand on your hip is almost touching the spot.
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
  15. New Member
    PintSizPopeye's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    104

    Reputation

    Re: How you know you have hit a vein.


    @Slappy244

    Really, I'm a little teapot?!? That's good. Do you have to sing the song for it to work? That's definitely going to be stuck in my head next time I pin. Thanks a lot, almost as bad as that lamb chops song.

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    How much of your gear do you think came out with that gerbil? I prob would have pinned another ml lol
  17. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    How much of your gear do you think came out with that gerbil? I prob would have pinned another ml lol
    I am not too sure I am pretty sure I nicked an artery or vein on the surface not deep in the muscle. I always give the blood a little tastes if any comes out, it did not taste like my gear at all, so I am pretty sure if I did loss any it wasnt much.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  18. Banned
    Alinshop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Yeah there is a small stain on the carpet now.

    Now you can always be reminded of that day! I remember the 1st time it happened to me, blood squirted all the way across the room.
  19. New Member
    whaz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    792

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    I am not too sure I am pretty sure I nicked an artery or vein on the surface not deep in the muscle. I always give the blood a little tastes if any comes out, it did not taste like my gear at all, so I am pretty sure if I did loss any it wasnt much.
    His is the wallet that says "Bada$$ MotherF@@@er"
  20. Senior Member
    madds87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,903
    Rep Power
    98804

    Reputation Reputation

    Lol... gerbil.... dude.... had a hard time clotting huh?
    Lay down and prop that leg on something higher and press hard, almost hurting pressure.
    Those suck... had it happen once, and that method was the best for me...
    Thats a mess though bud. Glad your alright.
  21. New Member
    joeblow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    8164

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post

    I am not too sure I am pretty sure I nicked an artery or vein on the surface not deep in the muscle. I always give the blood a little tastes if any comes out, it did not taste like my gear at all, so I am pretty sure if I did loss any it wasnt much.
    What in hell were you doing pinning near the femoral artery. The quad shot is supposed to be given in the vastus lateralis which is on the outside of the thigh. I pin in the quads all the time and have never had more then a drop or two of blood. Are you going in from the side or the top?
  22. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow1 View Post
    What in hell were you doing pinning near the femoral artery. The quad shot is supposed to be given in the vastus lateralis which is on the outside of the thigh. I pin in the quads all the time and have never had more then a drop or two of blood. Are you going in from the side or the top?
    That isnt close to the femoral. The femoral is the largest artery in the leg not the only one there and arteries that brach off it, I just happened to nick one of the smaller ones that supplies blood to either the vastus lateralis or the dermis.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  23. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Trust me if I hit the femoral there would have been alot more blood and more potential to go to the hospital.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  24. New Member
    joeblow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    8164

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Trust me if I hit the femoral there would have been alot more blood and more potential to go to the hospital.
    Ya that **** can kill you in minutes. In the pic it was hard to tell which part of the leg it was. When you said artery I thought you meant the femoral. Like I said I hit the quads frequently and never had this issue. The only time I had blood squirt out was in the delts. But it didn't bleed bad. It shot out like a squirt gun then stopped. Did you aspirate? A lot of times when people aspirate they hit veins from moving the needle around. I never aspirate and like I said hardly ever have more then a drop or two come out and I inject year round.
  25. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20687

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow1 View Post
    Ya that **** can kill you in minutes. In the pic it was hard to tell which part of the leg it was. When you said artery I thought you meant the femoral. Like I said I hit the quads frequently and never had this issue. The only time I had blood squirt out was in the delts. But it didn't bleed bad. It shot out like a squirt gun then stopped. Did you aspirate? A lot of times when people aspirate they hit veins from moving the needle around. I never aspirate and like I said hardly ever have more then a drop or two come out and I inject year round.
    I once hit the delt, aspirated and started to inject. It burnt like h ell, so I took the needle out and blood squirted across the room on to the refrigerator. I agree with you an aspiration. If you are in a vein, you will feel the pain as you penetrate it and if that doesn't clue you in, as soon as you inject it will feel like fire in your veins.
  26. Senior Member
    GQNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    511000

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    i have never pinned yet ..but this scares me lol

    u jus clean up and put a bandage over it ? lol
    S.n.S team member
  27. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    i have never pinned yet ..but this scares me lol

    u jus clean up and put a bandage over it ? lol
    Just dosed it in alcohol and called it good.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  28. Senior Member
    GQNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    511000

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sweet .. This was the first time that u hit the vein ?
    S.n.S team member
  29. Senior Member
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    48631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    Sweet .. This was the first time that u hit the vein ?
    Second but that was definately the worst
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  30. Registered User
    zpole's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    So this was a vein... what happens if you hit a artery?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. You Know You're a Powerlifter When......
    By The Neck in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
  2. You know you're a supplement junkie when:
    By bassgirl in forum Supplements
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
  3. You know you're an addict when...
    By precious_roy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
  4. You know you had a good leg workout when
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in