If you get pissed off, count your blessings...

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
This is not directly related to AAS, but I feel it’s relevant.

Last Sunday I injected a cruising dose of Test E and Mast (200mgs ea) into the right glute. I rarely inject there, but was too lazy to search for the sweet spot on the thigh. Very easy injection; like butter.

Monday, I could feel the injection site getting sore, which is not uncommon. By noon I was feeling flu-like. This is typical of maybe 300mg/mL, but I shot 200mgs/mL. Still, I surmised it’s just a bad pin; get over it. By evening, I lost my appetite, didn’t workout and went to bed early.

Monday night I got up every 15-20 minutes pissing like a race horse. I didn’t know what was going on. My kidney was starting to hurt, but deal with it. By morning I was dehydrated, didn’t go to work and just lied around the house, mostly sleeping. I started getting fever-like sweats, lethargic and man, that glute was hurting.

Tuesday night I got up around midnight to piss, and nothing. I had the urge, but nothing would come out. I surmised my sleeping position, tried again a few minutes later and urine trickled out; no solid stream. “AH!,” I said, I have the infamous kidney stone. So I went to work, stayed an hour then went to Urgent Care. By now, I had a hell of a time passing any urine, but had a little to give a sample. They concluded that I had a bladder infection, “maybe” a stone, and prescribed Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic. Went to Walgreens, picked it up, went home and couldn’t piss to save my life. Not a drop would come out. I hadn’t relieved the bladder for nearly 20 hours and it was killing me, literally. I drove myself to the hospital, told the nurses I need a catheter tube inserted before I die. A young, tiny nurse, very cute, said to lay down and she’d insert the turb. I asked her if I would be put under or sedated. She laughed and said it isn’t that bad! So I lay there as she inserted a tube up my penis until it hit the bladder and relieved almost a liter of urine. It felt like gallons. The blood work came back showing a serious, life threatening infection. They admitted me.

Tests came back and what I had was acute bacterial prostatitis; urinary tract infection and kidney malfunctions were underway. I wondered now if the AAS was the culprit? They didn’t ask and I didn’t tell. I sat in the room with this tube hanging out of my penis into a plastic bag that tried to rip the tip of the penal opening in half every time I moved, so walking was hell. They gave me IV’s with antibiotics and pills to shrink the prostrate.

Today, the third day, they removed the tube. It hurt. My first attempt to urinate was semi successful. By noon, I realized I may need the tube back in. The swelling hadn’t gone down enough and if I was passing a lot of urine, it would stop. So I had to relax and “meditate” to get the right amount of muscle relaxation and pass the urine. At first I couldn’t empty the bladder, expelled a trickle and try again. It got to the point where I almost said put it back in, but the next flow was encouraging.

I came home today with all my meds. AAS was not at fault, but it was my first guess. That’s why I’m not a doctor. I have to urinate often to preclude pressure. How I’m going to make it through the night, I don’t know. It’s possible I’ll be back in the ER tomorrow. I’m taking this one urination attempt to the next. For once, I wish I could engage in a good pissing contest.

What caused the infection no one will ever know. But if you ever get into a similar situation, look beyond AAS; AAS is not always the bad guy.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm glad it wasn't from the gear. But I'm extremely sorry to hear about your current problem bro. That does not sound pleasant at all. Luckily you man'd up and went to the hospital though and didn't let taking AAS deter you from getting the serious help you needed.

I hope you make a full recovery very soon man.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys... I made it through the night but it was rough. I think the other point I wanted to make was for anyone not to wait too long before going to see a doctor. I never go unless it becomes a life threatening situation, which is stupid. Had been more logical, I would have gone sooner and perhaps prevented the more serious consequences.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea this would of totally happened if you never used aas........

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
sad face

hopeflully you be fine soon!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
The uti couldve spread and caused those issues

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Wowser try drinking cranberry juice, I believe that helps UTI's. I had a girlfriend that was allergic to me (my seman) LOL believe it or not and cranberry juice helped her a bit although eventually we just broke it off to stressful.
lol, that's one of the oddest things I've eve heard

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Quick Update:
After years of heavy use, I didn't notice the gradual increase in prostrate size. The urine stream had slowed down and more frequent stops were necessary, but it all seemed "normal" because it was so gradual. I had just come off a heavy Anadrol cycle (with test base, etc) and was back to cruising at 400mgs test/400mgs Mast per week. My prostrate had swollen to 4x's its natural size, slowing down the expulsion of urine to the point where it was backing up and facilitating a breeding grounds for infection. Once the infection set in, it affected the prostrate, closing what was left. Blockage was immediate and painful. After 24 hours of being backed up and in pure agony, I went tot he ER and insisted on a catheter; that's how bad it was. It's been about five days since my four day stay and my prostrate is near normal. I forgot how a normal urine flow felt; it's been that long.

So for those of you on TRT, be mindful of any signs that may indicate a change in urine flow. I've backed off to 200mgs a week and will remain on that for a few months before blasting up again.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Quick Update:
After years of heavy use, I didn't notice the gradual increase in prostrate size. The urine stream had slowed down and more frequent stops were necessary, but it all seemed "normal" because it was so gradual. I had just come off a heavy Anadrol cycle (with test base, etc) and was back to cruising at 400mgs test/400mgs Mast per week. My prostrate had swollen to 4x's its natural size, slowing down the expulsion of urine to the point where it was backing up and facilitating a breeding grounds for infection. Once the infection set in, it affected the prostrate, closing what was left. Blockage was immediate and painful. After 24 hours of being backed up and in pure agony, I went tot he ER and insisted on a catheter; that's how bad it was. It's been about five days since my four day stay and my prostrate is near normal. I forgot how a normal urine flow felt; it's been that long.

So for those of you on TRT, be mindful of any signs that may indicate a change in urine flow. I've backed off to 200mgs a week and will remain on that for a few months before blasting up again.
Thank you for this info bro. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take of heavy use for this to happen to you?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for this info bro. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take of heavy use for this to happen to you?
In my case, maybe 5 years. I'm sure it can happen much sooner. Like I said, it's a gradual process and you tend to ignore the warning signs as being just normal.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Last night I woke up and really had to pee and nothing came out, I was just standing there but after awhile of trying I had to force out everything. I went to bed thinking this has to be in my head from reading this but I'm going to get on some prostate support just in case.

It seems to be OK now but I might go tell my doctor next visit. I've been hormone clean for awhile so it shouldn't be anything like that for me.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
whoa , hope you feel better soon!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Quick Update:

man, im on HRT. no pissing issues though but i normally cruse/hrt at 200mg ew 250mg max for a couple months inbetween cycles.
thanx for the info/post! :)