First Cycle

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

First Cycle

After months of research, forum browsing and advice from people i know personally who have and still take the juice I've decided to start my first cycle. I will be using Test-E only, nothing else.. injecting 2x a week, mondays & thursdays.

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 170lbs
    Years of Training Exp: 6 yrs (started fresh. in h.s)

The only problem I'm having is that there's so many different opinions and what not about dosages for first cycles.

I'll start in 2 weeks and this is what i have been thinking about doing

Week 1: 250mg
    Week 2: 300mg
    Weeks 3-7: 500mg
    Week 8: 400mg
    Week 9: 250mg
    Week 10: 200mg

PCT: Clomid, Weeks 12-16 (2 weeks after last shot of test if I'm correct..)

Reason for the pyramid and tapering off is because at 20 years old I figure my natural test production is 70 mg+ per week so I don't want to screw **** up inside and would think starting light and ending light would help with sides, etc.

Also here are support supplements that I've read that may be beneficial to take but was hoping to get feedback from you guys

Weeks 1-8:
    *1 quarter tablet of Fincar per day (1.25mg)
    *1 quarter tablet of Arimidex every other day (0.25mg)

Weeks 9&10:
    *1 quarter tablet of Fincar per day (1.25mg)
    *1 quarter tablet of Arimidex every other day (0.25mg)
    *320mg of standardized Saw Palmetto Extract per day

for those unfimiliar with Fincar, it helps prevent balding and prostate enlargment and has been shown to inhibit 5alpha reductase from converting testosterone to DHT... neccessary for my age?

Or should i just do plain 10 weeks of 500mg per week?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

No need to taper. The esters are self tapering.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

thanks for the feedback on the test dosage and tapering.

DetroitHammer or anyone else, since tapering off isn't recommended because of the esters what about the idea of starting at 250mg and going up to 500mg at the 2nd or 3rd week?

and any thoughts on the support supps? primarily Fincar... i still don't know if thats even neccessary but since it inhibits 5alpha reductase from converting testosterone to DHT i think its important and also, at least, be beneficial for possible prevention of long term sides with the prevention of prostate enlargment, etc. ...
    Last edited by playmaker784; 01-04-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added ?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

We're all different. You have to dial in your cycle as you progress, keeping in mind that there will be some nipple sensitivity at first, but it's almost certainly not gyno. It'll pass, so be vigil to your reactions. I have been on TRT for years, crusing at 600mg per wk. I know that's high, but that's what I do and I have no need for any estrogen control at all. I'll blast up to 1.5 grams, and still no gyno or sides that I have to worry about. I say that as a reference only. For me, 500mgs is a great start, but it's still less than my TRT.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

10 weeks straight 500mg, 250 x 2 per week, no need for the anti e, use it if you need to, but i wudn just use it for the sake of it. then jump on to pct. my first cycle..except i did dbol for 4 weeks
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

honestly bro - at age 20 you really should wait another 1-3 years before considering this. However, it is my experience that once someone decides to go for it there really is no talking them out of it.

Since you'll probably move forward with this cycle, I'll pass on the full manual so you know what youre doing - Unreal's Guide to Injectables

Some quick notes - do not taper on nor off test e. The long ester of test e means that it will take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to actually start effecting you and will taper off for 2-4 weeks. The long ester automatically induces a taper on and taper off - see the thread I recommended and it explains. You really want to know this stuff before you start.

PCT should be clomid 200mg for 3 days, then 150 for 5 days then 100/50/25 for 3 weeks. PCT needs to include a natural test booster, like sustain alpha, protective supplements, like AIs post cycle support, and a cortisol control like lean xtreme. I would run AIs cycle support while on cycle.

For a 10 weeker hCG is optional.

GOod luck bro. O - one last thing - go get a full hormone panel now so you have a baseline for after. That is how u know when u are fully recovered and before running anything hormonal is the only time it can be completely accurate. Do not be lazy and skip the blood work.
    Back.... for real this time
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

appreciate the quick replies. i'd do the dbol with it but for me personally i feel more comfortable doing a first cycle with just test, lots of food, protein, and an amino acid supp. with a good intense training regimen.

i just hope i can manage to gain 25 - 35 lbs and keep 30 - 20 lbs of it depending on how much the gains are, i hear those gains are realistic from a first aas cycle with test, 40lbs would be the best but that's a dream and i'm not even betting on that in 10 weeks.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post

For a 10 weeker hCG is optional.
    thanks for the input on this. was wondering about this as well but didn't plan on taking it
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

one last thing - go get a full hormone panel now so you have a baseline for after. That is how u know when u are fully recovered and before running anything hormonal is the only time it can be completely accurate. Do not be lazy and skip the blood work.
    Best advice yet. I always encourage this practice and it's the best thing a guy can do. I'm gald you remembered.

If it were me, I would run HCG. That's at least three months of supression. A doctor I know who specializes in TRT suggests using it after one week, regardless of cycle length. But, at 20 years old, it may be ok. At least it's not deca.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

yeah i never forgot about the bloodwork.. i just am hesitant because only a couple people in my social circle know about the upcoming cycle and i don't want to hear from my doctor about the risks and side effects of steroids..................... i've heard it.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker784 View Post
    appreciate the quick replies. i'd do the dbol with it but for me personally i feel more comfortable doing a first cycle with just test, lots of food, protein, and an amino acid supp. with a good intense training regimen.
    No one is suggesting dbol - sticking to one compound is the way to do it. The fact you said that makes me a little more confident you've done some research here.

i just hope i can manage to gain 25 - 35 lbs and keep 30 - 20 lbs of it depending on how much the gains are, i hear those gains are realistic from a first aas cycle with test, 40lbs would be the best but that's a dream and i'm not even betting on that in 10 weeks.
    For a 10 weeker, I'd say 30lbs. is pretty legit. You'll gain 3 lbs. a week for sure. More than that you're looking at some significant fat gain in addition to the muscle. What you keep will be a function of your diet and training afterwards.

thanks for the input on this. was wondering about this as well but didn't plan on taking it
    I hope you got more from my advice than hCG is optional. Read the link I posted! Its also the link in my auto signature below. TAKE 20 DAMN MINUTES OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND READ IT, OKAY?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

LOL i noticed your signature link the first time you posted in this thread.. I get it, like I said.. I've been forum browsing along with research and this is one of the forums I have been looking at for awhile and before I posted this thread I made sure that nobody else posted an EXACT thread.

I read the link as soon as you posted so I just decided an hour or so ago that 500mgs 10 weeks is what I'm going to do.

For a 10 weeker, I'd say 30lbs. is pretty legit. You'll gain 3 lbs. a week for sure. More than that you're looking at some significant fat gain in addition to the muscle. What you keep will be a function of your diet and training afterwards.
    Keep a solid 30lbs or 30lbs with some water retention? Obviously I'll find out when I step on the scale after 4 months sometime in April but at least I'll have an idea what to look for while being on test e, i mean gaining a little fat doesn't bother me... bf% now is anywhere from 7 - 9%, goal is anywhere from 185 - 190 lbs solid by June 1
    Last edited by playmaker784; 01-04-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: fixed typo
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%

I read the link as soon as you posted so I just decided an hour or so ago that 500mgs 10 weeks is what I'm going to do.
    good man - thats some good info right there

Keep a solid 30lbs or 30lbs with some water retention? Obviously I'll find out when I step on the scale after 4 months sometime in April but at least I'll have an idea what to look for while being on test e, i mean gaining a little fat doesn't bother me... bf% now is anywhere from 7 - 9%, goal is anywhere from 185 - 190 lbs solid by June 1
    With test e the first 2-4 weeks you'll see minor changes and then a nice quick gain for the rest of the cycle plus some more for 2 weeks after you stop. A strong pct will allow you to maintain that weight. HOWEVER, some of the weight gain will be fat and water. How much you gain and how much of it is muscle is a function of diet more than anythign else.

In my experience, god i can't even explain, every little gram of protein your body manufactures into muscle. EAT when on cycle. Eat till youre sick... and then eat some more. Protein, not just shakes, solid protein. On cycle I go to the dinner with my friends and I ask for 3 chicken cutlets grilled and a deluxe burger. Eat a half dozen eggs for breakfast, eat 32 oz. of lean meat daily, eat.... everything. Thats how to maximize gains - eating protein.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

ok just updating those who posted in this thread and others who may be interested. test-e finally came in. plan to start the cycle in 2 or 3 weeks.

final cycle plan:
    - 10 weeks
    - 500 mgs per week, splitting 250 mgs Mondays & 250 mgs Thursdays while rotating injection sites (quads, delts, glutes)
    - 1 quarter tablet of Fincar per day (1.25mg)
    - 1 quarter tablet of Arimidex every other day (0.25mg)
    - dosage of Liv52 every other day
    - 4 week PCT using Clomid, a natural test booster (idk what one yet), a.i., Lean Extreme, milk thistle product

As far as other supps while ON the cycle:
    - Whey, Casein & Hemp Protein <-- Hemp is suppose to be pretty damn good.. so I am trying it, it's protein so it can't hurt
    - Muscle Milk RTDs
    - Serious Mass Weight Gainer
    - Amino Acids
    - HMB
    - Centrum Cardio Daily Vitamin (always incorporated in my diet)
    - Fish Oil (always incorporated in my diet)
    - Benefiber (always incorporated in my diet)
    - LOTS OF FOOD HIGH PROTEIN

I'm getting a full hormonal panel, blood testing, etc. done next Saturday.

Just seeing if anyone has any ideas of adding anything IMPORTANT I should take on cycle.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

I can also add that I have stopped smoking marijuana (last time was jan. 1) & won't drink. 10 weeks = a little more than 2 months... so I may have a day on a weekend a couple times during that time where i may have a brewski or two, no binge drinking though.. kind of hard not to as a college student. being in junior college helps though living at home....
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

I'm on my cycle right now. Not even half way through yet but was wondering if anyone can point me into a good direction or a solid online site for clomid for pct. nothing super expensive but a legit source.

Thanks, I appreciate all the thread replies.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.48%

I can also add that I have stopped smoking marijuana (last time was jan. 1) & won't drink. 10 weeks = a little more than 2 months... so I may have a day on a weekend a couple times during that time where i may have a brewski or two, no binge drinking though.. kind of hard not to as a college student. being in junior college helps though living at home....
    i've considered starting smoking it while on cycle for the munchies.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%

This thread has such good info in it ! I even copy/pasted it too my google docs thanks
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%

great info for first cycles...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 06:06 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 04:39 PM