What if a needle breaks off inside me?

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
Lets say I'm gettin ready to inject 9 billion mg of test e into my quad

I stick myself and begin to aspirate then hear a click, and the needle is lost in my leg

Do I go have a doctor cut in there and find it or is the metal in the needle magnetic enough for me to suck out with a strong fridge magnet?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will need to goto the doc.

But a quarter inch longer pin and never bury the needle... it will not break along the actual shaft, but where the pin meets the syringe.

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
You will need to goto the doc.

But a quarter inch longer pin and never bury the needle... it will not break along the actual shaft, but where the pin meets the syringe.
ok thats good to hear, I was afraid of having like 2mm of little metal stuck in my leg

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
this is kind of a jacked up question lol....almost sounds like he is sitting there with the needle broke in his leg.....hahahaha

ps I sure hope not!

BIGAINS

Awards
The needle will not break. I have done hundreds of injections and have never had a problem.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
The needle will not break. I have done hundreds of injections and have never had a problem.
I had a needle break (23 gauge) last week on me when I was drawing out of the rubber stopper. I was sure glad it wasn't in my leg and won't bury needles all the way anymore.

It broke right where Adams said, where it meets the barrel.

Dkerce

Dkerce

Awards
wow that title just scared the sh*t out of me lol. i just pinned 2 mins ago and that will be the last time i ever bury the needle.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
must be soem cheap ass pinz. mine will bent into an L withotu breaking.
and i always use a bigger pin and leave a few mm out just in case.
not sure what to say man ! sounds SCARY AS FUK to me!
if it burid inside is rec go to doc asap and remember while you walk around (even to doc) its taring otu up nside causing MORE dammag.
i might call ambulance and lay down and nto move till they come take it out.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
go to doc asap and dont walk much as you will be doing more damage.
get pins that are bigger then you need and keep some out!

BIGAINS

Awards
I had a needle break (23 gauge) last week on me when I was drawing out of the rubber stopper. I was sure glad it wasn't in my leg and won't bury needles all the way anymore.

Sh1t, I am damb lucky I have never had a defective needle cause I used to bury the needle all the time.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wtf? how do you think of this kind of stuff lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol I would be banned from this forum if I asked the rest of my questions I have like this thread
lol well stop worrying, this stuff is simple. Think of how many people do it!! Im a nurse, give shots all day and never had a needle break!

chino

Awards
i injected myself in my butt and the needle came out of the plastic syringe and stay inside my butt. what do i do.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established

you guys need to switch pin manufactures then, get sum BD luerlok

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Also for those of you saying its ripping the needle outta the plastic, WTF. Stop injecting into the same dam scar tissue, and for gawd sakes get sum oil on the pin before puttin it in to yourselves, so it doesnt stick.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I never bury the needle. When I started injecting a few weeks ago I read every single step by step article I could find on injecting procedures, and one of them did happen to mention to never bury the needle in the event you have one break on you, then you are left with a bit over the top that you can grab on to and pull it out if necessary. Damn....that makes me cringe when i think about it, lol. Not so much the pulling it back out, you obviously do that anyways everytime you inject, but having to walk around for a bit with a needle inside you until you can get something to pull it out with.

RRage

Awards
STOP RE USING PINS!! WTF?! The pin came out of the plastic??? pins are very cheap and I don't see any sense in using them more than once...

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
I heard a contradicting story that you ALWAYS want to bury the needle. The reason behind this was that if you don't bury it, you could be hovering over a blood vessel and when you are injecting could push the needle in a little further and pierce the blood vessel and be injecting into it...thoughts?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I heard a contradicting story that you ALWAYS want to bury the needle. The reason behind this was that if you don't bury it, you could be hovering over a blood vessel and when you are injecting could push the needle in a little further and pierce the blood vessel and be injecting into it...thoughts?
bury it, pull out just barely, THEN aspirate and inject, problem solved :)

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Lol the thought of this is horrible. But like everyone else says, just don't bury the needle in. I know I never have before and never will because the thought of this scares the **** outta me haha.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Damn this is a scary thought. I've never even considered it before. Guess its time to put a needle nose in with my injection set up

josephd79

Awards
It's extremely hard to break the need in muscle...you would probably rip through muscle if u wacked the needle while it was in you, however, there is a procedure that should be known. If it pops off, immediately press the surrounding area down similarly to popping a zit. Then press your thumbs together to pull it out. You should avoid flexing the muscle to prevent any changed in direction.

There is no need to reuse needles that have punctured anything. Once it's used, it is blunted & will never be as sharp as an unused needle. Draw with a different needle than the one you pin yourself with.

My only fear is hitting the sciatic nerve, which is near impossible but I still have that fear.

Cream8me

Awards
Buy some needle-nose pliers, and keep them close by, just in case.

steakboy

I asked myself this question when I saw a movie where they were drawing blood and the needle broke and it squirted all over the place. Never buried the needle to the hilt after that.

Thinking of it makes my friggin skin crawl though... and if I think about it before an injection my hand starts shaking. Then I gotta stop.. clear my head.. then poke.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I've had needles bend (my fault) but never, ever break. I can take a fresh needle and use it as a dart and the needle stays put. I'm really surprised to hear that a needle broke off for anyone. In over thousands of pins, I've never had one break.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Somewhat along the same lines of this topic here...

One of the first how to's about injecting I read (and I read about 93 of them) before I started pinning says something to the effect of this...

"When ready to remove the needle, release the bunch of muscle you’ve been holding the whole time (if using the leg). Pull the needle out only half way and wait a second or two. This allows the tissue inside to “close up” on itself and decreases bleeding and solution backflow."

I've done it everytime I've pinned so far. I don't know if it helps or not, sometimes there isn't a single drop of blood, and sometimes if you went through a vein, theres a fair amount.

Does anyone else do what the above quote mentions?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Somewhat along the same lines of this topic here...

One of the first how to's about injecting I read (and I read about 93 of them) before I started pinning says something to the effect of this...

"When ready to remove the needle, release the bunch of muscle you’ve been holding the whole time (if using the leg). Pull the needle out only half way and wait a second or two. This allows the tissue inside to “close up” on itself and decreases bleeding and solution backflow."

I've done it everytime I've pinned so far. I don't know if it helps or not, sometimes there isn't a single drop of blood, and sometimes if you went through a vein, theres a fair amount.

Does anyone else do what the above quote mentions?
Use the Z-Track method and you will never have an issue.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
Good thing hypodermic needles are made of stainless steel. I'd just get one of my crazy neodymium magnets and get that b*tch outa there!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I actually asked this question to a buddy of mine who has been juicing for a long time (he's pushing 40) and he said just push the skin down and it should appear and grab it

Stayfloating

Awards
All I know on this subject is this **** just happened to me?
So 1st thing google wtf to do
Fighting w ole lady on other line, reading these hypotheticals like finally I'm like "I'm not going to Dr I'm getting this thing out". This is no joke. I find the hole where the 23g was and try to do a zit thing and is a little sore cause was just in muscle, obviously. And 'bout half a c before said incident which was basically a "pop" and blue tip missing dart. ?
So I'm getting in there with small needle noses and literally broke skin with a nail type of scissors I feltcould grab. There blood and I have alcohol but I'm determined...and desperate.
I'm literally looking on the floor for A) I'm just in that much disbelief & B) I just want anything but this to be happening cause I'm not grabbing nothing but blood and the hole is now a bit of a slice.
So it hits me: I want absolute proof. Same reason I'm searching the floor and I KNOW it's not there I start tearing apart this syringe. There is juice left but I don't care insurance can be very comforting to know you have. If it's not too late l, long story short INSIDE THE SYRINGE HANDLE after I tear it down with needle nose wire cutting portion ITS FOUND IN THE FREAKING SPRING ALL THE WAY TO FLAT TOP.

WTF JUST HAPPENED?! LoL I don't know but this is where I went first for backup so I figured I'd share my exasperation and exaltation of this experience.

If u glean anything more than a chuckle it's "check the syringe first" I guess.
Unreal ?????

P.S. I don't know if it's letting the image post of dart in the spring, syringe broken all kinds of down..but if not use your imagination :::shrug:::

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wouldnt the needle just work it's way out over time? Figured I'd ask since the thread got revived.... I figure the body would expel it slowly like it would any other foreign body...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont see what the fuss is tbh. Its just like a splinter (who hasnt had one of them?) except its metal and considerably longer.

Actually, an experience like that could quite possibly scare me natty again.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It might end up making some sort of steril abscess around it... but idk to be honest don't care too too much either