Is anyone here from China? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is anyone here from China?

  1. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Is anyone here from China?


    I'll be moving there for a while in a few months and had some questions related to the legal status of AAS that I can't find through Google. Thank you.

  2. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    76 views and nothing? Hmmm...that may be my answer right there.
  3. New Member
    GearedVader's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    86

    Reputation

    you ever seen a jacked china man? There's you answer roundeye.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8929

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GearedVader View Post
    you ever seen a jacked china man? There's you answer roundeye.
    LOL'd so hard


    Roundeye


    Lol
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  5. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8929

    Reputation

    Im almost positive AAS are illicit in china dude-- cmon its china
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  6. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    poation of AAS can be followed by strick felony
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  7. New Member
    AM360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Nope not from China...
  8. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    yeah china is very strict
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  9. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Good to know. Thanks guys.
  10. New Member
    Brainsmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    77

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GearedVader View Post
    you ever seen a jacked china man? There's you answer roundeye.
    Have you ever seen pictures of the Chinese Olympic weightlifting team? Here's a sport that isn't exactly known for producing monstrous physiques, yet, the Chinese team, where the government actually works to hinder WADA in drug testing, unlike Western countries, all look like in-season bodybuilders. You'll see 150lb guys with 6% bodyfat squatting 600lbs.

    There are drugs in China. Your best bet might be to seek out athletics where use is the accepted norm, especially at the international level, and make friends.

    I know nothing of the legality issue though, only that if you are going to be doing *anything* illegal in China, do not get caught!
  11. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    my adivce do not do anything illegal there. we have laws in US to protect us, ..... china dose not have those laws to protect it's civilians
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  12. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Hey Jasen, your PM box is full.
  13. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainsmasher View Post
    Have you ever seen pictures of the Chinese Olympic weightlifting team? Here's a sport that isn't exactly known for producing monstrous physiques, yet, the Chinese team, where the government actually works to hinder WADA in drug testing, unlike Western countries, all look like in-season bodybuilders. You'll see 150lb guys with 6% bodyfat squatting 600lbs.

    There are drugs in China. Your best bet might be to seek out athletics where use is the accepted norm, especially at the international level, and make friends.

    I know nothing of the legality issue though, only that if you are going to be doing *anything* illegal in China, do not get caught!
    Their National Team don't really look like bodybuilders to me. They actually look right on par to what most elite, Olympic weight lifters look like. Fairly lean with great shoulders and I actually think their traps are a bit small for as many upright movements as they perform. That said, I put nothing past their government to give their athletes an edge. They don't look like they use roids, but I'm not saying they're not.

    You have to get an invite to be on the National Team, apart from that, who knows what else they are "voluntarily" on.

    P.S. I'm also not sure whether the National Team invite is a, "please join the National Team," or "report to the National Team tomorrow or your family goes to prison."
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. New Member
    Brainsmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    77

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Their National Team don't really look like bodybuilders to me. They actually look right on par to what most elite, Olympic weight lifters look like. Fairly lean with great shoulders and I actually think their traps are a bit small for as many upright movements as they perform. That said, I put nothing past their government to give their athletes an edge. They don't look like they use roids, but I'm not saying they're not.

    You have to get an invite to be on the National Team, apart from that, who knows what else they are "voluntarily" on.

    P.S. I'm also not sure whether the National Team invite is a, "please join the National Team," or "report to the National Team tomorrow or your family goes to prison."
    The Chinese are widely accepted as being on more drugs than anyone else in the sport, and pretty much everyone in Asia or Eastern Europe is using PED's. It is near-impossible to drug test over in China, compared to anywhere else. Since the weight class change and new records started, basically, since they brought in the 'lets actually try and catch them' drug testing, the jacked weightlifter look is largely gone. Check out the lifters from the 80's, as compared to now. The Chinese definitely have the look of the older less tested lifters. Maybe we're looking at different pictures, but I've seen a lot of sub-8% Chinese lifters. They also do more general hypertrophy than other countries do.

    Trap development will always be impressive with weightlifters. Mine blew right up when I started, and I already had a big deadlift. But its the erectors that really get obscene in that sport. Some of those lifters' backs look utterly misshapen.
  15. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    I'm not arguing any of your points and this isn't a rebuttal to your post. I put nothing past their government, especially when international competition (thus, international PR) is concerned. Maybe we just have a different perspective on what a bodybuilder looks like. These are the physiques I'm "currently" seeing. He looks fairly average build in my opinion. Far from anything exceptional. I can confidently say I look far more jacked then he does and I'm as bare @$$ natural as it comes, I'm barely on protein.

    They are probably on strength roids, as oppose to hyper-hypertrophy roids as you said. On the same token, I've never seen the 80's lifters, only the relatively current crop.

    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,234
    Rep Power
    622649

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I can't comment on the aas question. But overall China is amazing. Have a fun time there.
  17. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I can't comment on the aas question. But overall China is amazing. Have a fun time there.

    Just got back from Taiwan. Never been to China. I love Taipei, but the humidity is outrageous and the mosquitos seem to favor American blood. Currency rate is 33NT to 1 US dollar. Show up rich, come home and reminded you're broke.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ^^^Weird...you just described Central Florida
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  19. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    ^^^Weird...you just described Central Florida
    lol. I agree.
  20. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    OK, I hope this doesn't break any rules. I emailed my...guy...in China with this question, and this is what he replied:

    "Not sure where you can get steroids in china but its not illegal over here I think ... I have licenses for my business so I can sell without problems but I never wondered about the steroids status here ??

    Just find a pharmacy and ask bro, they will tell you"

    I find it baffling that he is oblivious to the legal status of AAS in his own country. If he doesn't know, then who the hell does?
  21. New Member
    TexasRaised's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    My brother lived in China for a few months and actually did a cycle over there. He said it was hard to obtain but there was no legal repricutions on having them. He's military intelligence pretty high ranking so I'm assuming it's right.
  22. New Member
    Brainsmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    77

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm not arguing any of your points and this isn't a rebuttal to your post. I put nothing past their government, especially when international competition (thus, international PR) is concerned. Maybe we just have a different perspective on what a bodybuilder looks like. These are the physiques I'm "currently" seeing. He looks fairly average build in my opinion. Far from anything exceptional. I can confidently say I look far more jacked then he does and I'm as bare @$$ natural as it comes, I'm barely on protein.

    They are probably on strength roids, as oppose to hyper-hypertrophy roids as you said. On the same token, I've never seen the 80's lifters, only the relatively current crop.

    When I think of bodybuilders, I think of probably the bulk of trainers out there. The look you see in the magazines, the best selling magazines anyways, not the ones that really promote AAS. Most actual bodybuilders look more like this than Coleman or Cutler. Obviously you could never get under a quick snatch looking like those guys. There are some pictures out there with these Chinese lifters just standing there posing, and others in action, that look pretty cranked up. I wish I could post up some pictures. I am even surprised to see the size of some of the arms on these guys, as arms play little part in the overall lift.

    The 80's lifters were generally more muscular too, and some with some very very low bodyfat percentages. It is interesting to see that look starting to come back though. Despite much better and prevalent drug testing, the sheer level of competition today is bringing the general level of strength and size back up near where it was, very very close in some cases.

    I would also assume they are on the strength drugs. The Chinese train so incredibly intense and often that even small 'womens' doses of Anavar or other often overlooked drugs would have a big effect.
  23. New Member
    chim_chim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRaised View Post
    My brother lived in China for a few months and actually did a cycle over there. He said it was hard to obtain but there was no legal repricutions on having them. He's military intelligence pretty high ranking so I'm assuming it's right.
    Dude, not cool. I guarantee he doesn't want you posting that on a public forum.
  24. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by chim_chim View Post
    Dude, not cool. I guarantee he doesn't want you posting that on a public forum.
    That post couldn't possibly hurt anyone. Besides, he said it was legal to have.
  25. New Member
    TexasRaised's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by chim_chim View Post
    Dude, not cool. I guarantee he doesn't want you posting that on a public forum.
    I can understand your concern chim, but no names, ranks, or any kind of personal information was disclosed in the statement, so I don't think it will cause any type of harm.
  26. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRaised View Post
    I can understand your concern chim, but no names, ranks, or any kind of personal information was disclosed in the statement, so I don't think it will cause any type of harm.
    AGREED
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HGH from China
    By bengelha in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 02:34 PM
  2. China man
    By mike jones in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
  3. Red China
    By tac in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
  4. Going to China
    By Jerid007 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. IP China
    By Lordnorvelli in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in