Too Old for the Dark Side? Short Cycle?

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Too Old for the Dark Side? Short Cycle?

Been in the game a long time but never cycled (PH or AAS). At the point now where I am thinking about trying it for once and seeing what it's all about. Read a ton when I first joined the board but nothing for quite some time so I just did a bit of a refresher. Nonetheless, still need help from the vets.

Thinking about something pretty conservative (lean mass, little bloat, no blown joints, etc) like 8 weeks of test prop@75mg every 36 hrs. Would this be a good start? Could I get away with less? Or should I forget it and stick to whey and creatine? lol

Real question is about ancilliaries:
    - A-dex on cycle?
    - Obviously supp Nolva on hand for gyno defense
    - Full 4 weeks PCT? Nolva@40/40/20/20? Clomid as well?
    - Hcg on cycle and/or PCT?

If any of this (or other suggestions) is a 'nice to have but not necessary' on a cycle like this then I would rather have it since I rarely do anything less than 100%.

TIA

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%

I think that sounds like a nice conservative first cycle, I am inexperienced, but have been doing a ton of research and as far as I can tell you probably could do without any hcg on such a cycle (both length and dosage are not huge). running a low dose AI plus nolva on hand + for pct definately good ideas. Depending on if you are gyno prone or not you probably could survive without an AI at that dose and keep nolva on hand just in case. If gyno was a problem the test would be out of you system quickly atleast, but it really shouldn't be unless you are one of the rare exceptionally gyno prone people. If you don't mind the extra $$ running an AI would be the most conservative way to go.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.44%

adex just in case
    u dont need hcg
    nolva will be more than enough yes run it those dosages
    id also try and run the prop for at leasttttt 10 weeks
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.64%

Too old?? We're the perfect age IMO.

8 weeks is perfect for a prop cycle. some of the longer esther tests are good for longer cycles since they take longer to kick in. But prop kicks in so quick (I felt it after the second shot), after 8 weeks I felt burned out on it and I didn't feel the benenfits as much. I think 8 weeks is perfect.

I used aromasin 12.5mg EOD with great results on cycle. And I did run HCG 250iu E4D starting week 3 or 4, I used it the day before every other prop shot. I'll also kick start PCT with it. I ran 150mg EOD though. 75mg EOD is a pretty mild cycle and more than likely you would not need HCG. You'll have to make that call though, there's plenty of info on it. The mild HCG dosages wouldn't have any desensitizing effects, so I don't think it would hurt. Plus I'd rather have it instead of having your nuts dissapear half way through then scrambling to get some.

You would need a clomid/nolva based pct after that cycle too. You're the same age as me and I just finished my first cycle and loved it. The only thing I'd change about my cycle is I would have stopped at 8 weeks rather than stretching it out to 10.

Good luck.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thx peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I used aromasin 12.5mg EOD with great results on cycle.
    This is the first that I have heard of aromasin. Just looked it up and it seems like an equivalent to arimidex. Any difference? Cost?

75mg EOD is a pretty mild cycle and more than likely you would not need HCG. Plus I'd rather have it instead of having your nuts dissapear half way through then scrambling to get some.
    Was thinking of 75mg every 36 hrs (so equivalent to 50 ED or 100 EOD) but yeah, rather be safe than sorry.

You would need a clomid/nolva based pct after that cycle too
    Both or one or the other? If both, clomid only for the first two weeks @ 100/50?

Good luck.
    Thanks. Might be awhile but want it all properly planned in advance. Fortunately, the legalities of gear north of the border are much more relaxed. Consequently you don't see too much PH use up here.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.84%

i think prop is a terrible idea for a first AAS run. having to pin every other day can be a big task for someone who has never pinned before. if you worried about bloat that much you could run sust. i would run just a basic test e or sust cycle for 10 to 12 weeks perfering the later. 8 would be a waste. 500mg each week. injecting 250mg 2Xs EW on sun/wed or mon/thurs. then get some AIs like adex and aromasin. always have some nolva on hand as well. good luck dude.

as far as HCG there will always be debate but IMO your either shut down or your not. test will shut you down. id run HCG at 500mg EW as well. it will keep the boys full and happy. also a more smoooth transition into PCT. i would use the hcg right up untill the day before PCT.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigpaulski2 View Post
    i think prop is a terrible idea for a first AAS run. having to pin every other day can be a big task for someone who has never pinned before. if you worried about bloat that much you could run sust. i would run just a basic test e or sust cycle for 10 to 12 weeks perfering the later. 8 would be a waste. 500mg each week. injecting 250mg 2Xs EW on sun/wed or mon/thurs. then get some AIs like adex and aromasin. always have some nolva on hand as well. good luck dude.
    I'm type 1 - I pin 8x per day already so no prob there. Nonetheless, your advice is appreciated.

How is sust better for bloat? Because it is partly made up of prop?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I'm type 1 - I pin 8x per day already so no prob there. Nonetheless, your advice is appreciated.

sub q injection are alot different than IM. the HGG would be subq so your good there.
    but yea with sust say if its dosed 250mg/ml that 250 come from shorter esters. here it is. Prop 40mg, Phenyl 70mg, Iso 70mg, Decanoate 120mg.
    you wont bloat as much as test E or C.
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I actually love prop for a first cycle. The reason being it can clear very fast if you start to get sides you don't like, get sick or whatever. Especially if you are used to pinning. Some people say prop hurts but i've run prop 100mg ed even 150mg and not had an issue. Bloat is going to come from estrogen conversion and if you run an AI you'll be fine it doesn't come from the type of esther chosen. I use to run high doses of prom with 10mg of tamox a day and never had issues those were pills though we didn't have research chemicals yet.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.84%

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    I actually love prop for a first cycle. The reason being it can clear very fast if you start to get sides you don't like, get sick or whatever. Especially if you are used to pinning. Some people say prop hurts but i've run prop 100mg ed even 150mg and not had an issue. Bloat is going to come from estrogen conversion and if you run an AI you'll be fine it doesn't come from the type of esther chosen. I use to run high doses of prom with 10mg of tamox a day and never had issues those were pills though we didn't have research chemicals yet.
    like what sides you dont like? its test. most people dont start with prop. but hey its all good. esters do have a roll in bloat. most that run prop or sust dont get as much bloat.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

like what sides you dont like? its test. most people dont start with prop. but hey its all good. esters do have a roll in bloat. most that run prop or sust dont get as much bloat.
    I know most people don't start with prop but being on a first run you never know how your body is going to react. Any number of sides can come up from test "flu", gyno (maybe you'll extremely prone), too much acne, You don't like how you feel "on", etc etc. Prop will clear in approx 72 hours and your good to start PCT or whatever you wish. over the past 15 years or so i've run basically every type of test. and Prop is my favorite. I'll take pinning everyday for the advantage of quick acting and quick clearance
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I can barely squat when I pin E, dont even want to know what I would be like after pinning P..
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.64%

i think prop is a terrible idea for a first AAS run. having to pin every other day can be a big task for someone who has never pinned before.
    I did prop for my first cycle and loved it. I don't think I'd ever run anything other than prop after my experience. I don't mind the pinning, I actually look forward to it.

To each his own I guess, I'm a prop fan for life.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.64%

Thx peeps.

This is the first that I have heard of aromasin. Just looked it up and it seems like an equivalent to arimidex. Any difference? Cost?

Was thinking of 75mg every 36 hrs (so equivalent to 50 ED or 100 EOD) but yeah, rather be safe than sorry.

Both or one or the other? If both, clomid only for the first two weeks @ 100/50?

Thanks. Might be awhile but want it all properly planned in advance. Fortunately, the legalities of gear north of the border are much more relaxed. Consequently you don't see too much PH use up here.
    Either or as far as aromasin or adex, both are popular and effective. I chose aromasin because there's no estro rebound with aromasin. I'm running both clomid and nolva for pct, maybe clomid and torem, I'll decide for sure next week. I don't like the idea of frontloading, so I'll just do clomid 50/50/50/25 and nolva 20/20/20/20.

As far as the pinning, I'd just do EOD. Just seems easier to do it the same time EOD, plus I like taking my aromasin the evening after I pin.

Similar Forum Threads

1. need a good cycle for my reentry to the dark side
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
  2. First cycle into the dark side
    By LiftBig11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. The dark side of oz
    By pantera101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13