What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    The Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    110

    What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?


    JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?

  2. Registered User
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,735
    Rep Power
    1974

    my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!
    Last edited by Hank Vangut; 07-15-2008 at 08:10 AM.
  3. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by The Anarchist View Post
    JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Power
    49679

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
    woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  5. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
  6. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    1 cup oats
    2 cups skim milk
    1.5 scoops whey

    696 calories
    75 protein
    81 carbs (10 fiber)
    8 fat (2poly/2mono)

    Simple, but enough to wake me up in the morning.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    653

    1-2 scoops choco whey
    1/2 cup oats (powdered in a grinder)
    1/2-1 cup milk (skim or 1%)
    1/2-1 banana
    1-2 tbs natural PB
    Ice to taste
  8. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Power
    49679

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  9. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    same here mate, blue berries are through the roof if you buy them fresh, but I can get a kilo for $12 frozen, which will last me 3-4 weeks
  10. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    I hate protein powder so i go with


    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop protein
    5-10g creatine


    And sometimes a banana, or peanut butter if im feeling frisky.
  11. Registered User
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    530

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

    1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
    1 scoop ON whey
    100g blueberries
    Half a banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    25g Maltodextrin
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    40g natty PB
    5g leucine
  12. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

    1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
    1 scoop ON whey
    100g blueberries
    Half a banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    25g Maltodextrin
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    40g natty PB
    5g leucine

    damn, that looks tasty!

    Quick question: why the Maltodextrin? Why not more Hi GI carbs from bananas?
  13. Registered User
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4505

    1 Scoop GF Pro Cherry Flavor Whey Isolate
    1/2 cup dry(1 serving) Oatmeal (put into a coffee grinder)
    1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter
    1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seed
    Handful of Bluberries and/or approx 7-8 strawberries
    1 serving of skim Milk

    Approx. 550-600 calories
    12-15g of fat
    35-40g of protein
    60-70g of carbs
    8-10g of fiber

    Breakfast everyday
  14. Registered User
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    467

    2 Scoops Cafe Mocha flavored protein (Dymatize)
    10 oz. water
    3 TBS heavy whipping cream

    Tastes just like a fukkin' starbucks drink!!
  15. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17047

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!
    In other words.... Hank is a newb.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    8350

    my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..

    skim milk
    natty PB
    creatine mono
    whey protein
    WMS
    EVOO
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  17. Registered User
    conan1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    255

    arizona nutritionals choc protein 1.5 scoops

    2tbsp psyillium husk

    1 tspn organic cinnamon

    1tbsp organic unsweetened cocoa

    1.5 tbsp cod liver oil, orange flavor

    1 packet stevia


    this is for breakfast
  18. Registered User
    theBIGcactus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I da Ho
    Age
    26
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    264

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
  19. Registered User
    theBIGcactus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I da Ho
    Age
    26
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    264

    post work out shake
    rice milk
    creatine mono
    glutamine
    2scoops whey isolate
    graham crackers
    frozen strawberrys or fruit
  20. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by theBIGcactus View Post
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
    nah, I leave the shells out, feed them to the dog.
  21. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Power
    49679

    Quote Originally Posted by theBIGcactus View Post
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
    cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  22. Registered User
    Dietfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    damn, that looks tasty!

    Quick question: why the Maltodextrin? Why not more Hi GI carbs from bananas?
    Bananas are low gi - 51 but you should go by glycemic load which for a 120g banana is 12.

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...a-gi-value.htm

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...uit/banana.htm
  23. Registered User
    Dietfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:
    You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.
  24. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dietfreak View Post
    Bananas are low gi - 51 but you should go by glycemic load which for a 120g banana is 12.

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...a-gi-value.htm

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...uit/banana.htm
    the riper the banana, the higher the GI - the ones I use a near black on the outside
  25. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Dietfreak View Post
    You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.
    My chickens wash their hands after going to the
  26. Banned
    pdx89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    0

    Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.
  27. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pdx89 View Post
    Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.
    Geez - sorry to hear that mate.

    We can get egg whites in a carton in Australia - QAQC standards and all that jazz.

    I guess Ive been lucky so far - Ive been eating 4-6 eggs a day for the last 4 months with no dramas.
  28. Registered User
    Dietfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    102

    Pasteurized eggs are great. Just don't eat raw eggs.
  29. Registered User
    liftw8t's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    147

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
    if you drink that all in one serving arent you just wasting some of it
  30. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by liftw8t View Post
    if you drink that all in one serving arent you just wasting some of it
    Sure - if I drank it all in one serving. I split it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Where to buy cellulose gel to make low carb shakes?
    By channelx99 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 11:36 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
  3. does not being attracted to a kind, make one racist?
    By BoyFromAus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 02:03 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
  5. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in