Anabolic Diet Experiences

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.88%

Anabolic Diet Experiences

There are some big threads around on some other forums, but little mention of it here. Im about two weeks in now just finishing my first carb up so its way too early for me to form an opinion on it but Im sticking to it. Eating 4800 calories over 8 meals and find myself pounding down a ton of oil, which really sucks. Felt like complete sh*t for the first two days, then started feeling better. Have more energy during workouts even after starting a moderately demanding job recently. I do plan to start cutting in a few weeks and am optimistic about the diets purported ability to preserve more lean mass. I am, however, not a good guinea pig for the forum because it has become next to impossible for me to determine my caloric needs. Every day of work requires a different amount of exertion so Im stuck doing the best I can.

Here is the pdf I found a while back on another thread here: The Anabolic Diet

Is anyone else on here using this diet or a modified version? Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to more low carb fat sources? I don't like cheese, but I have been eating nuts (it just the carbs in them restrict the amount I can have).

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.44%

Eggs are your friend. They are an easy way to get protein without all the carbs, plus they're cheap.

fitday.com is VERY useful for making sure you keep your diet in check. I was way off on my estimations on what my caloric intake was.

I just finished my first carb-up this weekend as well. I use lots of cheese in my diet. In addition to eggs, I eat that precooked bacon you find in the bacon section, as well as bunless burgers. I use brown mustard and occasionally Heinz One Carb ketchup to flavor alot of my stuff.

Good luck with the diet bro.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.69%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by IroNwIlL2006 View Post
    There are some big threads around on some other forums, but little mention of it here. Im about two weeks in now just finishing my first carb up so its way too early for me to form an opinion on it but Im sticking to it. Eating 4800 calories over 8 meals and find myself pounding down a ton of oil, which really sucks. Felt like complete sh*t for the first two days, then started feeling better. Have more energy during workouts even after starting a moderately demanding job recently. I do plan to start cutting in a few weeks and am optimistic about the diets purported ability to preserve more lean mass. I am, however, not a good guinea pig for the forum because it has become next to impossible for me to determine my caloric needs. Every day of work requires a different amount of exertion so Im stuck doing the best I can.

Is anyone else on here using this diet or a modified version? Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to more low carb fat sources? I don't like cheese, but I have been eating nuts (it just the carbs in them restrict the amount I can have).

Hey, The Anabolic Diet is from 1995!. There have been many updates now. You should use the new version, "The Metabolic Diet". Here is a link,

http://www.metabolicdiet.com/index.htm

He also has a bunch of other books...check it out.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.88%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Hey, The Anabolic Diet is from 1995!. There have been many updates now. You should use the new version, "The Metabolic Diet". Here is a link,

http://www.metabolicdiet.com/index.htm

He also has a bunch of other books...check it out.
    I know the diets been around a while thats really why I'm surprised there's not much about it on the forums. I guess I'm having some trouble finding fat sources because I'm still a bit worried about cholesterol levels post cycle.

Also as far I know the principles are the same with the metabolic diet. I'm kind of poor so I was really glad when the pdf popped up. The book is on my wishlist though and is no doubt worth the money.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.79%

Heavy cream is good; very calorie dense. Whipped with some splenda and unsweetened cocoa powder it makes a great dessert. Ground flax meal is one of my favorites: no net carbs, plenty of fiber, lots of fat. Cured meats such as salami or summer sausage are ok; they are rather high in sodium.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

I know the diets been around a while thats really why I'm surprised there's not much about it on the forums. I guess I'm having some trouble finding fat sources because I'm still a bit worried about cholesterol levels post cycle.

Also as far I know the principles are the same with the metabolic diet. I'm kind of poor so I was really glad when the pdf popped up. The book is on my wishlist though and is no doubt worth the money.

I was on the metabolic diet for 3 months then had a blood test done, everything was in the optimal zones

I honestly wouldnt worry to much as long as your eating smart, by smart I mean dont eat bacon for every meal
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%

If you like nuts then walnuts are a good choice as they're low in carbs. Extra virgin olive oil should be a staple for you if it isn't already. Animal fat is a good as well...so eat some fatty meat. Other sources throughout the day would be putting some mayo in my tuna, taking fish oil, I've already seen milled flax seed and heavy whipping cream mentioned which are also staples for me.
    Are you bulking? Or just post cycle? 4800 calories is A LOT...even if you are 255 lbs.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I was eating a good amount of these chicken wings daily on the AD.

Id eat like 12 at a time.

Nutritional data per 3 wings
    Cal-220
    Fat-15g
    sat-3.5
    Carb-1
    Protein-20
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.44%

i tired this diet once, by the 4th day i felt like sh*t and very weak. so, thats about how far i was willing to go at the time.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by justing View Post
    i tired this diet once, by the 4th day i felt like sh*t and very weak. so, thats about how far i was willing to go at the time.
    LOL.. That is normal for allot of people.. Should have stuck it out.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I was eating a good amount of these chicken wings daily on the AD.

Id eat like 12 at a time.

Nutritional data per 3 wings
    Cal-220
    Fat-15g
    sat-3.5
    Carb-1
    Protein-20
    I've seen those but never picked it up because i figured they were full of carbs and I thought I couldnt have'em

I personally like a keto type of diet, I got to eat ranch dressing ( south beach diet ranch ), cheese, loads of steak, PB, etc
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.59%

Avocados are a great source of fat too.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.44%

yeah, i really should of stuck it out for at least 2 weeks. but, i just wasn't mentality in the place for it. best of luck to u other guys doing it
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.88%

Yeah Im an ecto so I need alot of cals, Im working full time too and on my feet quite a bit so 4800 is actually maybe a bit low. I was 262 when i started and only 251 last friday morning with no carbs for 12 days. I'll have a good idea of where i'll need to be tommorrow when I weigh myself.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Im going to have to go shopping tommorrow and get a bunch of that stuff.

BTW 8 months ago I posted about how x-factor helped f**k up my knees (I'd also used some of that winztrol winny ph a month or two before it). Well worked the squats again tonight for second week in a row after an 8 month layoff and made it to 275 for 8 reps. I might push it to 315 then wait to hop on some deca in a few months. Feels really great to be squatting again. I used to live in the squat rack.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.79%

tried itr liked it but found a diet more user friendly

I tried the Metabolic diet, and did not like the fact that fruits and veggies were out due to the carb count. Other wise I liked it, but found it hard to do as I do not count carbs.

I then tried the Paleo Diet. A.k.a. the paleolithic diet. On the Paleo Diet you drop fatty meats and grains. Eat as many fruits and veggies and alot of lean meat. It works too, and you do not have to count anything or monitor blood anything. I find it very user friendly.

Try it you will like it.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%

Yeah Im an ecto so I need alot of cals, Im working full time too and on my feet quite a bit so 4800 is actually maybe a bit low. I was 262 when i started and only 251 last friday morning with no carbs for 12 days. I'll have a good idea of where i'll need to be tommorrow when I weigh myself.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Im going to have to go shopping tommorrow and get a bunch of that stuff.

BTW 8 months ago I posted about how x-factor helped f**k up my knees (I'd also used some of that winztrol winny ph a month or two before it). Well worked the squats again tonight for second week in a row after an 8 month layoff and made it to 275 for 8 reps. I might push it to 315 then wait to hop on some deca in a few months. Feels really great to be squatting again. I used to live in the squat rack.
    D00d I remember reading that post about how x-factor ****ed up your knees! I'm sorry to hear that bro. Glad you're back in the squat rack again where we all belong. I'm currently using x-factor on an anabolic diet variant and have yet to see any problems with my knees other than minor discomfort (knock on wood).
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Been on it since mid January. Not sure if you have seen my thread. Anyway, my only complaint would be how slowly the results have come. In the past I would complain that I lost too much size. Not this time. Strength/size loss have been minimal. Lost 5" on my waist. Started at 291, after the week induction went to 296. I am currently 273. The biggest problem I've had with this diet, and it revolves around the book "Metabolic Diet" is there is nothing written in the book(correct me if I'm wrong) about caloric intake/level. So, that's something you'll have to figure out on your own. I.E I am 273lbs and eating 2300 calories/day. Seems low, but I got there removing about 100-200 calories/week as results slowed. Look into calorie cycling as well, seems to have worked well for me. Good luck.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Negative Experiences with Anabolic Diet?
    By clr18287 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 07:58 AM
  2. Anabolic Pump on Anabolic Diet ?s
    By bj22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:47 AM
  3. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM