1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%

Protein, Carbs and Fats

Hi,

It's just that some meals don't taste gud when you combine them.. FOr instance oatmeal with whey.. i don't like to mix the oats with whey.. taste awful to me!! i rather drink my protein shake and eat oats seperately but on the same meal..
    ANy help will be apprecited...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

LOL! Man you are damn serious about planning out every detail.

There is no need/benefit to taking in certain macro breakdowns in every bite. Just get down your meal and your body will utilize and sort them out to its needs. You may be confused with some peoples (irrational) fear of macro separating (like no carbs and fats at the same meal) but again this imo is not to the importance people make it out to seem.

Just break down your meals into the macros/daily calories you want and eat them how ever you want, and in what ever order you want lol.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    LOL! Man you are damn serious about planning out every detail.

There is no need/benefit to taking in certain macro breakdowns in every bite. Just get down your meal and your body will utilize and sort them out to its needs. You may be confused with some peoples (irrational) fear of macro separating (like no carbs and fats at the same meal) but again this imo is not to the importance people make it out to seem.

Just break down your meals into the macros/daily calories you want and eat them how ever you want, and in what ever order you want lol.
    yeah man trying to be in the right place, and do the right thing..
    BTW thx.. you have cleared much of my confusion in the forum.. much appreciated..
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

the idea behind this kind of macro breakdown comes from John Beardi. He suggests splitting up your meals with either carbs+protein dominant or fats+protein dominant. Note how i say dominant, you should still try to get some fats in with your carb dominant meals, and some carbs with your fat dominant meals. According to Beardi, by breakin up your macros like so, you maximize lipolysis, this is very handy when your clean bulking, i have used beardi's dietary principles and have had great sucess, puttin on slabs of lean mass @ the same time decreasing bf%.

example of carb dominant meal:
    brown rice, spinach, chicken breasts, olive oil

example of fat dominant meal:
    beef jerkey, mixed nuts, apple
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think Berardi's carbs and fats exclusion theory is bogus as it disregards overall energy intake.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think that in the end the overall breakdown is what counts, but eating the macros in certain combinations can be used to your advantage. Most people would agree carbs and proteins around workouts with minimal fats. Depending on how much carbs you fit in around your workout, this tends to leave most of my other meals pro/fat heavy with a modest amount of carbs to meet my daily goals.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Each bite? Wow! LOL. I think you'd have trouble doing that unless you blended everything you ate.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.51%

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Each bite? Wow! LOL. I think you'd have trouble doing that unless you blended everything you ate.
    lol yeah that's why i was wondering...
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.5%

Quote Originally Posted by sameerkhan51 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been reading that carbs should be taken along with protein and fats together not seperately... NOw i am not quite sure here that whether together means all together in one meal regardless of which one to eat first or together here means that each bite should contain all these three..
    It's just that some meals don't taste gud when you combine them.. FOr instance oatmeal with whey.. i don't like to mix the oats with whey.. taste awful to me!! i rather drink my protein shake and eat oats seperately but on the same meal..
    ANy help will be apprecited...
    As long as they are all part of the same meal you should be fine. You dont need to have whey and oat together at the same instant, as long as you have the whey and then eat the oats as part of the same meal. Think of it as eating chicken with veggies. Normally we dont put all the veggies on the chicken breast then eat it all together. Think of it the same way. Hope this makes sense.

Similar Forum Threads

1. carbs & fats or carbs or fats
    By Exercise123 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 06:02 PM
  3. Carbs + Fats???
    By srx600 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
  4. Protein/fats-Protein/carbs.