Poll: How much in a day?

Milk

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Milk

For the people who drinks milk, regardless of skim, low, etc.

Edit glasses/cups.

2. Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    For the people who drinks milk, regardless of skim, low, etc.

"How much a day?"..... and the numbers represent what? Quarts? Glasses? Gallons?!?! LOL

I assume glasses.... I myself consume a gallon roughly every 2 days... And yes, its ALWAYS skim! All the protein, less fat! mmm mm mmmmmmm!!!!:squat:

3. Only 1 glass a day...being lactose intolerant sucks
    •   

4. I drink skim when I feel like it. I have to say all these polls are really lame lol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    I drink skim when I feel like it. I have to say all these polls are really lame lol.
    somebody gotta do it

6. do u guys worry about the sugar content? i dont drink it, but i do it get it free at work

7. I can't drink too much milk straight up or I get the bubbles, but I can take down a lot of milk if its with protein powder.
    NSCA - CSCS

8. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I can't drink too much milk straight up or I get the bubbles, but I can take down a lot of milk if its with protein powder.
    I am the opposite, I am ok with a bunch of milk by itself. But when I mix it with my whey, my stomach starts brewing.

9. it depends really...but recently i have about 3 cups on average a day

10. Quote Originally Posted by justing View Post
    do u guys worry about the sugar content? i dont drink it, but i do it get it free at work
    Unless you are competing, then it should not be a problem. The pros of drinking milk out weigh the little the cons that there are.

11. Quote Originally Posted by justing View Post
    do u guys worry about the sugar content? i dont drink it, but i do it get it free at work
    wish i was getting free milk at work. it's getting crazy expensive, right along side whey (duh!)

12. Quote Originally Posted by avgBdybldr View Post
    wish i was getting free milk at work. it's getting crazy expensive, right along side whey (duh!)
    I hear ya on that!!! JEEEZ!!!! Between milk, supporting supps, food, and whey.... i'm nearly broke just trying to stay in good shape!!!!

13. yeah I have had to cut out some supps recently. Whey is getting so expensive and BCAA's here in canada are crazy expensive. I stopped using ZMA just to cut costs a bit.

14. I'll drink about 3/4 pints on a good day, thats including one in my protien shake. I'll go for full fat for a treat now and then :P but usually its semi skimmed!

15. It depends on weather or not I am cutting or bulking. I just seem to hold on to the fat longer when I am cutting and drinking milk in my diet.

Bring on the milk if I am bulking!

16. I go through about 3 gallons of RAW Whole Milk on a weekly basis...

17. Definitely whole milk. Anything else tastes like chalk water. What does raw milk entail? Unpasteurized?

18. yea def about 1/2 gallon a day being conservative its soooo good, but man its gotten expensive!(More than a gallon of gas)!!!

19. 2-3 cups in the morning, 4 cups an hour before bed so i piss some of the water out before i sleep.

20. 2 cups with 1-2 scoops of whey before bedtime.

21. Raw grassfed milk is superior. I used to drink a lot when I could get it for $3/gal from a farmer I knew. Now that I'm in California it's legal in stores but it costs $16/gallon here and it's Holstein milk, which is lower quality than the Jersey cow milk I was used to for $3/gal in PA

22. BTW, I just hope you guys know milk causes a big increase in insulin levels, even though it's glycemic index is quite low. Not that it doesn't have its place...just a thought for guys taking it before bed.

23. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    I go through about 3 gallons of RAW Whole Milk on a weekly basis...
    Damn, I could have saved thousands if I had just switched over to Almond Milk 7-8 months ago...

S***, I've wasted a lot of money...

24. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    I have to say all these polls are really lame lol.
    um...what cool, new, exciting polls are you hoping to see in a general nutrition section of a fitness forum?

25. i consume around 2-3 glasses (16-24oz), it is one of the cheapest way to get quality protein well along with bread

26. http://milksucks.com/

There is an "Allowable amount of puss and blood" in milk.

That doesnt sound appetizing to me.

27. Milk is great for controlling body fat, I have started drinking it every day, I used to drink skim but now I drink lite milk which is a combination of skim and whole.

28. I drink about 2/5 a gallon/day of skim. Tastes almost like water, so I don't really mind the taste.

29. the carbs in milk digest slower then oatmeal according to Layne Norton, so everyone quit worryin

30. I get mad bloated if I drink milk with whey.

31. Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    It depends on weather or not I am cutting or bulking. I just seem to hold on to the fat longer when I am cutting and drinking milk in my diet.

Bring on the milk if I am bulking!
    same way here too man. Bulking i will try and drink a gallon a day at the height of my stage (can't keep that up for more that 4 to 6 weeks though, due to cost) during a cut i'm lucky to finish a gallon in 7 days before it goes bad.....

32. Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    I get mad bloated if I drink milk with whey.
    Ditto. I get real gassy too

33. Milk makes me feel like sh!t.

34. A heads up - tried this Hood milk, called Calorie Countdown, and it's been ever so delicious. 90 calories per class, sporting a 5g fat/5g carg/8g protein breakdown. Of those 5g carbs, only 3g are sugars. Taste wise, absolutely great. The aftertaste is like milk chocolate icecream. In the event that there's a Big Y near you (grocery store in the North East), they currently are running a 2 for $5 sale until the end of the month if I remember correctly.

Here's a link with the ingredient label:
    http://www.hphood.com/products/prodDetail.aspx?id=577

35. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    A heads up - tried this Hood milk, called Calorie Countdown, and it's been ever so delicious. 90 calories per class, sporting a 5g fat/5g carg/8g protein breakdown. Of those 5g carbs, only 3g are sugars. Taste wise, absolutely great. The aftertaste is like milk chocolate icecream. In the event that there's a Big Y near you (grocery store in the North East), they currently are running a 2 for $5 sale until the end of the month if I remember correctly.

lotta sodium

36. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    A heads up - tried this Hood milk, called Calorie Countdown, and it's been ever so delicious. 90 calories per class, sporting a 5g fat/5g carg/8g protein breakdown. Of those 5g carbs, only 3g are sugars. Taste wise, absolutely great. The aftertaste is like milk chocolate icecream. In the event that there's a Big Y near you (grocery store in the North East), they currently are running a 2 for $5 sale until the end of the month if I remember correctly.

Hells yes, I love this stuff! They've got it at Walmart here where I'm at in IL. Good stuff, not real expensive either and PERFECT for cutting/low carb diets.

37. Im curious. whats better Skim or Fat Free Milk?

38. Quote Originally Posted by Insidious1 View Post
    "How much a day?"..... and the numbers represent what? Quarts? Glasses? Gallons?!?! LOL

I assume glasses.... I myself consume a gallon roughly every 2 days... And yes, its ALWAYS skim! All the protein, less fat! mmm mm mmmmmmm!!!!:squat:
    Animal fats boost testosterone, no?

39. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    I go through about 3 gallons of RAW Whole Milk on a weekly basis...

4 gallons here. Pricey at $5/gallon. Best stuff by far and beats down the dead milk at the stores. Raw milk actually tastes more "milky."

40. Quote Originally Posted by StanChampion View Post
    4 gallons here. Pricey at $5/gallon. Best stuff by far and beats down the dead milk at the stores. Raw milk actually tastes more "milky."
    Do you live in a rural area? I'd LOVE to be able to buy raw milk.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Milk
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
  2. muscle milk no joke
    By sage in forum Supplements
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
  3. Milk Thistle Profile
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 12:14 PM
  4. Universal - Milk & Egg Protein
    By Nelson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 01:24 AM
  5. whats a good amount of milk thistle to take?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2002, 03:40 PM