Low Testosterone Levels

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%

Low Testosterone Levels

I finally went to the doctor after almost 2 years of dealing with some side effects of a prohormone cycle. I found out that I have low testosterone levels and I have to go see a urologist. I know a few side effects that low test levels can give ya such as errection problems but what other side effects does low test levels cause or that I may be experiencing that I'm over looking? What should I expect the urologist to say or perscribe and after I get my test levels back on track what should I expect (should my lifting improve, hope my errections get up again, should my body composition change any, etc)?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

Hi there. What PH did you run, how long, what dose and what PCT did you run? Also, why go to a urologist? I would have thought an endocrinologist would be more suited to this sort of problem.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%

I ran Liquid Nolvadex for my post cycle I believe 2 weeks at 40mg one at 30mg and 1 at 20mg but it was like 2 years ago so I can't really remember exactly.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn58 View Post
    I ran Liquid Nolvadex for my post cycle I believe 2 weeks at 40mg one at 30mg and 1 at 20mg but it was like 2 years ago so I can't really remember exactly.

Yeah, but what PH did you run and for how long?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.8%

I agree you would be much better off seeing an endo.. I went to a urologist years ago after years of cycling steriods and my test was in the bucket.. He refused to help me because he stated " I did it to myself"..

Later I found an endo, who checked my test levels along with many other things and got me lined out..

A run of clomid may be all you need to get yourself back to normal.. I remember reading about it in a pubmed journal or some journal like that.. It found thru a study that hypogondal men who were suffering from past steroid use could have the effects reversed with a round of clomid.. At the end of the study all subjects were off the clomid and back to normal..
    A little food for thought

Now if you go to an endo to get "fixed", 9 times out of ten they are going to want to prescribe you something like "ANDROGEL".. Its a transdermal cream made to deliver an exact amount of test each day.. It will help greatly with sexual disfunction because your DHT will increase with your testosterone and stay within normal ranges.. If you have nipple sensitivity aka gyno symptoms from it you should also be able to get the doctor to prescribe you an anitestrogen.. Mine would never give out nolvadex that I asked for, he did however give me " Evista" raloxifine, which in the long run turned out to be better anyways..

You must also remember that this is not an avenue to get "juice" from your doc, and I dont think at all that this is your goal.. the andro gel and possible anti estrogen you get is only to make you "normal"..

One last thing.. taking androgel will destroy your ability to make sperm production just like taking shots of test would.. You will shut down your HTPA when you take the gel, just like a cycle so your body will not be making the LH and FSH or testosterone needed to make healthy sperm...

Soooo, if you are planning on having kids anytime in the future, I would opt for trying a round of clomid first and see if that gets things lined out.. If your body is only normal while on the clomid then it will be a med/drug you will have to take while trying to get prego with your spouse or sig. other..

Best of luck to you
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.05%

My goal is to get my test levels normal (or slightly above lol but main goal is to get my body back on track). Thanks for all that info PumpDogg but kind of scarry about the possibility of going steral because I don't want that to happen. If the urologist thing doesn't work out I'll definitely check out an endocrinologist.

The prohormone that gave me all these side effects was called Methyl DX3 aka generic original Superdrol and it definitely wasn't my first prohormone cycle I've ever done actually it was probably the 5th or so different prohormone I've tried. This was the only one that gave me side effects that I could not get rid of.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.72%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post
    I agree you would be much better off seeing an endo.. I went to a urologist years ago after years of cycling steriods and my test was in the bucket.. He refused to help me because he stated " I did it to myself"..

Later I found an endo, who checked my test levels along with many other things and got me lined out..

A run of clomid may be all you need to get yourself back to normal.. I remember reading about it in a pubmed journal or some journal like that.. It found thru a study that hypogondal men who were suffering from past steroid use could have the effects reversed with a round of clomid.. At the end of the study all subjects were off the clomid and back to normal..

Now if you go to an endo to get "fixed", 9 times out of ten they are going to want to prescribe you something like "ANDROGEL".. Its a transdermal cream made to deliver an exact amount of test each day.. It will help greatly with sexual disfunction because your DHT will increase with your testosterone and stay within normal ranges.. If you have nipple sensitivity aka gyno symptoms from it you should also be able to get the doctor to prescribe you an anitestrogen.. Mine would never give out nolvadex that I asked for, he did however give me " Evista" raloxifine, which in the long run turned out to be better anyways..

You must also remember that this is not an avenue to get "juice" from your doc, and I dont think at all that this is your goal.. the andro gel and possible anti estrogen you get is only to make you "normal"..

One last thing.. taking androgel will destroy your ability to make sperm production just like taking shots of test would.. You will shut down your HTPA when you take the gel, just like a cycle so your body will not be making the LH and FSH or testosterone needed to make healthy sperm...

Soooo, if you are planning on having kids anytime in the future, I would opt for trying a round of clomid first and see if that gets things lined out.. If your body is only normal while on the clomid then it will be a med/drug you will have to take while trying to get prego with your spouse or sig. other..

Best of luck to you
    Good advice.
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.09%

Hey are Natural Testosterone Boosters harmful to the testosterone levels. Or do testosterone level get wrecked with pro-hormones and steroids. I mean do natural testosterone boosters cause problems to worry about? I ask this because i bought a bottle of Alpha Drive XL and i would like to know if it has side effects

I am planing to buy a new product called Anabol-5 from Nutrex

warvictim

Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post

Best of luck to you
  9. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.8%

I am of the personal opinion that test boosters really dont do much.. with that said, years ago I had good success with a product called tribex 500.. however as time went on, the company went to **** and so did their supplement line IMO.. It was the only booster I ever used that I could "feel and see" improvements..

I have also seen posted all over the net years ago, that tribulis would only rid of money from your wallet.. I have been out of the bodybuilding arena for 3 years now and sooooo many supplements have come and gone since then.BTW the tribex 500 I speak of, went bad way before 3 years ago..

So the product you speak of I have no knowledge of either from personal experience or from feedback from other users..

Here is the pub med literature I spoke of

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

can i just stop taking the test gel cold turkey, what problems would that bring on? u said it stops from making healthy sperm, how long does it take to fix that situation
  11. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.8%

Quote Originally Posted by dmichael949 View Post
    can i just stop taking the test gel cold turkey, what problems would that bring on? u said it stops from making healthy sperm, how long does it take to fix that situation

If you just stop, your test levels will return to baseline or lower within 3 days.. In my experience, they will be lower since you have suppressed your natural production..

gotta remember fellas, when you embark on the TRT journey, it is a life long gig.. If you just plan on doing it for a while, then dont even bother with it.. as you may end up worse off than you were before you started..

Taking any exogenous hormone is the same, be it shots of test e, or something like superdrol, or even using Androgel for trt prescribed by a doc..
    its all the same in how it effects your body

As for the sperm, again best from my memory from the research I did years ago when i was trying to have kids is this.. it takes 72 days from start to finish to create 1 healthy sperm.. That is an illustration and does not mean you only make just 1 sperm per 72 days.. It means it takes that long from start to finish to create a mature sperm, that will make babys..

My advice to anyone wanting to start a family is dont start trt, as you will more than likely have issue's.

Last but not least... In order for your body to make that healthy sperm in 72 days, you need good test levels, LH levels and FSH levels.. When you are "on" anything, you are blunting the bodys ability to make all three hormones.

Hope that helps bro
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.33%

digging up an old thread!!! but there is a TON of helpful info on here. The doc i talked to pretty much ruled out the nat test production for me but i disagree i think that with a round of clomid from what i read i could be good too. I have been getting shots (trt) and was in the same boat as the poster. I have decided to stop getting the shots simply because i had some nat production the last month before i took another friggen shot. I am going to call an endo this week to see if i cant get some clomid to get on track. But just out of curiosity how likely is it that stopping the shots that out of a stroke of luck i could back producing my own again? i know it wont be high right away but would like to get some and not have to depend on TRT forever.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.1%

Do exercises that increase testosterone. Well, that's every single exercise! But deadlifts and squats increase them more than any other movement (for most people anyway).

Have you tried taking a testosterone booster? Tribulus? Animal stak?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Very Low testosterone levels need help!
    By mikeg402 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
  2. low testosterone level?
    By Slammer17 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 09:11 AM
  3. Low testosterone levels
    By Warlex in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 02:38 AM
  4. Signs of Low Testosterone Levels...