College/Cheap & Clean Diet?
01-07-2008 01:26 AM
College/Cheap & Clean Diet?
I just changed schools and have little money to spend but I was wondering if some of the more experienced members might be able to help me tweak my diet.
Goal: 8kg by April.
Daily need 360 – 270g Protein, 360g or more carbs, 128g of omega 3 and monounsaturated fats = 3600 calories or more per day.
• Breakfast – 3 egg whites scrambled with egg whole eggs, and 2 cups of cooked oatmeal
• Morning Snack – 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese mix with 1 cup pineapple, 1 piece of toast topped with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
• Lunch – 4 oz. turkey deli meat on 2 pieces of wheat bread, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp. light salad dressing
• Preworkout Snack – 1 apple, 5 boiled eggs
• Postworkout Snack – 1 scoop of whey protein in water, 5 boiled eggs, 6 rice cakes with 2 Tbsp. of Jelly
• Dinner – 6oz. grilled salmon, 2 cups cooked spaghetti, half cup marinara, 1oz mozzarella, 1 cup broccoli, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp. light salad dressing, 1 cup strawberries
• Nighttime Snack – 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese with 4 Tbsp. Salsa, 1 cup cooked oatmeal
Daily need 360 – 270g of protein, 270g or more carbs, 100g or less omega 3 and monounsaturated fat = 3000 or less per day
• Breakfast – 4 egg whites scrambled with 2 whole eggs, 2 cups of cooked oatmeal
• Morning Snack – 5 boiled eggs, 1 banana, 1 Tsp peanut butter
• Lunch – 1 can white tuna (in water) mixed with 1 Tbsp fat free miracle whip on 2 slices of wheat bread
• Midday Snack – 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
• Preworkout Snack – 5 boiles eggs, 1 apple
• Postworkout Snack – 1 scoop whey protein in water, 5 boiled eggs, 1 plain bagel topped with 2 Tbsp jelly
• Dinner – 6 oz. chicken breast grilled, 2cups chopped broccoli, 1 large sweet potatoe baked, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp light dressing
• Nighttime Snack – 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 oz. cashews
Also does anyone have any other high protein foods that they like that I may be able to substitute?
01-15-2008 04:14 AM
When I was staying in Santa Barbara around June/July last year I was incredibly jealous of your massive warehouse supermarket "Costco". That place stocks EVERYTHING you could possibly need and it's dirt cheap! You could buy boatloads of berries and fruit for a few dollars, bags of pre-packed chicken fillets frozen etc. I nearly wet my pants every time I walked in that place. Buy everything in bulk and store it for future use.
01-15-2008 04:35 AM
well what do you expect. everything else in cali is so ridiculously expensive the food might as well be cheap.
Originally Posted by Cub
think about it.
01-17-2008 02:17 AM
Everything seemed pretty cheap to me (compared to Australia). Unless you're referring to real estate which I personally didn't look into
Originally Posted by gotripped
Similar Forum Threads
By brhamilton79 in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 04-13-2011, 05:47 AM
By jerseyboy101 in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 08-30-2010, 09:31 AM
By at1010 in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:26 AM
By sumbum801 in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
By SacDIESEL in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 11-16-2008, 08:58 PM