This is the correct way to take BCAAs for maximum results

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

This is the correct way to take BCAAs for maximum results

I have perused this forum and read many threads with people asking what is the correct way to take BCAAs. well through much trial and error i have determined the absolute best way.

the very first rule is to take them on an empty stomach. you want the BCAAs to get straight o your blood stream uninhibited. besides if you are reading this then your diets should be protein rich. what would be the point of taking BCAAs if you are already eating protein? So only take it on an empty stomach.

i have been taking a heeping teaspoon (and i mean heeping) of BCAAs about 30-45 minutes prior to workout and not only can you see amazing results but you feel amazing. my lifts have gone up incredibly. so much so that i can not even keep track of where i am at. i just wont ever get tired using aminos in this way. its almost as if i am high. the more i lift the more i want to lift. the stuff is absolutely amazing. The psychological effects are intense. if you are ready for a workout boost better than any energy supplement use my method.

i really dont know why people recommend taking BCAAs before bed. I could never get a good night sleep when i took them close to bed time. There is a reason the are classified as energy aminos. you are better of just eating some complete proteins before bed anyway. dont hold back on your growing muscles and eat some solid foods like chicken or beef and cottage cheese.

now i got a qustion, approximately how many grams is in a heaping teaspoon? i have been trying to figure that one out. i dont even know the exact doasge i am taking thatis giving me these amazing effects. somebody help my out

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.24%

do u take some during workouts or post-workouts also. I think poliquin recommended a 4:1:1 ratio.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

no man. i used to but i stopped because it would keep me up at night when i would continue drinking them that late, i workout in the evening. so that is why i tried a heftier dose only preworkout and i had a rush like none other. thats when my workouts reached the next level. i am burning fat as well. i basically feel better than i have in my entire life. i have been doing this for a couple months now and i must say this is probably the best legal performance supplement along with creatine i have ever taken. its unreal.

also i am taking 2 1 1 ration. i have noticed alot of people tweak their supplementation extensivley on this board. almost every bcaa product coms in a 2 1 1 ratio so i am not gonna tweak something that researchers have proven is the optimal ratio. i have gotten alot of bad advice on this board from guys that think they are smarter than they really are. i prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.24%

thats great to hear. How much is your protein intake?
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

it is around 200-250 grams a day. i am currently in a situation where food is provided and i am able to eat conducively for bodybuilding.

you tried the BCAAs yet?
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I do branch chain before bed if I don't want to eat something minutes before I pass out. Keeps me nitrogen positive and no hungry bangs 8 hours later. I don't have the problem of getting to sleep with them, and that's at 14g of bcaa @ 2:1:1.

dynomite, I wish my food was provided for me. Lucky.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

A heaping teaspoon would be like 2.5 grams BCAA's.... I hardly think this is an accurate way to meassure the 'correct way' to take BCAA's. You need to really know how many you are taking, and exactly when. Besides that, your anecdotal evidence is noted.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.61%

Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    no man. i used to but i stopped because it would keep me up at night when i would continue drinking them that late, i workout in the evening. so that is why i tried a heftier dose only preworkout and i had a rush like none other. thats when my workouts reached the next level. i am burning fat as well. i basically feel better than i have in my entire life. i have been doing this for a couple months now and i must say this is probably the best legal performance supplement along with creatine i have ever taken. its unreal.

also i am taking 2 1 1 ration. i have noticed alot of people tweak their supplementation extensivley on this board. almost every bcaa product coms in a 2 1 1 ratio so i am not gonna tweak something that researchers have proven is the optimal ratio. i have gotten alot of bad advice on this board from guys that think they are smarter than they really are. i prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)
    Did you change anything else in your diet, routine, life in general (ie. less stress), or do this BCAA's really get you going?
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

i honestly can say i did not change ANYTHING in my diet or life. i am currently living in groundhogs day. every single day is exactly the same. i wake up at the same time everyday, go to work for 12 hours. get off and go to gym and go to sleep at the same time everyday. and repeat. i have no weekends where i am at and no social life but i do have food and a gym. i obviously made great gains in my position however once i added the aminos the way i described earlier i freakin took off. i just went to a whole other level. if i dont take the aminos i feel a noticeable drag. the stuff is truly amazing.

the brand of BCAA i am taking is the BCAA powder by NowFoods. cant go wrong with now
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    A heaping teaspoon would be like 2.5 grams BCAA's.... I hardly think this is an accurate way to meassure the 'correct way' to take BCAA's. You need to really know how many you are taking, and exactly when. Besides that, your anecdotal evidence is noted.
    is this a joke? we are talking about aminos not injectable GH. so people that measure sups with standard units of measure like teaspons and tablespoons are wrong?

posts like this one is exactly what i was talking about when i mentioned the people that think they are smarter then they really are. Just KISS it man

also a heeping teaspoon of my BCAA is 5 grams
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Did you change anything else in your diet, routine, life in general (ie. less stress), or do this BCAA's really get you going?
    BCAA can help control cortisol in people who have issues with it, I my self have sleep issues related to cortisol, so pre bed bcaa is lovely, but not to much, or they keep me up.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.21%
    Achievements Posting Pro

is this a joke? we are talking about aminos not injectable GH. so people that measure sups with standard units of measure like teaspons and tablespoons are wrong?

posts like this one is exactly what i was talking about when i mentioned the people that think they are smarter then they really are. Just KISS it man

1/4 teaspoon = 400mg give or a take a little depending on your brand (if it is in fact pure BCAA and not filler). 1 "heaping" teaspoon is probably close to 2g of BCAA not 5. A normal TABLEspoon would be about 5 grams. I think people are getting teaspoon and tablespoon mixed up.

That being said I have a hard time believing that 2grams of BCAA would make that much of a huge difference but if it's working for you then that's great and I'm jealous.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

the brand i am using is now foods. they say that one heaping Teaspoon is 5 grams. i believe this to be true not only cuz the label says this but because i have heard from a few people that the nowfoods brand is not as fine and seems heavier, not as fluffy, as other brands. at either rate the size of my heeping teaspon has got to be bigger than the typical heaping teaspoon. it is so heaping i got to balance so i dont spill it.

bnut hey if i got to take more i will do it. this stuff practically makes me high.

are you guys not experiencing the same thing as me?
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%

How exactly did I 'think' I was smarter than I am? Where did I do that?

I made a simple observation, my point being that 2.5 grams of BCAA's is really not enough. You have guys on here doing 10-15 times that PWO. Something is working for you, but if your claims are true, I doubt it is the BCAA's.

As far as acuracy is concerned, a "heaping" teaspoon doesn't sit well with me. I take measuring things seriously. When I meassure a teaspoon or tablespoon I use an acurate food meassuring spoon, and scrape the excess off at the top of the spoon making it exactly a tablespoon or teaspoon.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.64%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

you are touchy martha
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.21%
    Achievements Posting Pro

the brand i am using is now foods. they say that one heaping Teaspoon is 5 grams. i believe this to be true not only cuz the label says this but because i have heard from a few people that the nowfoods brand is not as fine and seems heavier, not as fluffy, as other brands. at either rate the size of my heeping teaspon has got to be bigger than the typical heaping teaspoon. it is so heaping i got to balance so i dont spill it.

bnut hey if i got to take more i will do it. this stuff practically makes me high.

are you guys not experiencing the same thing as me?
    interesting, I just assumed all BCAAs were basically the same, but NOW does indeed claim 1 tsp = 5g. That being said, I still find it weird that 5-7g of BCAA would affect you that much. Be happy that it does though.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.73%

are you currently taking any other supplements along with BCAA?? such as creatine or ba or aakg or whatnot??

and have you tried the BCAA from nutraplanet?? if so, do you think they're at the same level??

congrats on the gains dude, if bcaa gets me as high as you, i can throw some bad habits out the window
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

How exactly did I 'think' I was smarter than I am? Where did I do that?

I made a simple observation, my point being that 2.5 grams of BCAA's is really not enough. You have guys on here doing 10-15 times that PWO. Something is working for you, but if your claims are true, I doubt it is the BCAA's.

As far as acuracy is concerned, a "heaping" teaspoon doesn't sit well with me. I take measuring things seriously. When I meassure a teaspoon or tablespoon I use an acurate food meassuring spoon, and scrape the excess off at the top of the spoon making it exactly a tablespoon or teaspoon.

please dont post in my thread anymore, thanks.
  19. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by aztec127 View Post
    are you currently taking any other supplements along with BCAA?? such as creatine or ba or aakg or whatnot??

and have you tried the BCAA from nutraplanet?? if so, do you think they're at the same level??

congrats on the gains dude, if bcaa gets me as high as you, i can throw some bad habits out the window
    thanks man appreciate it. like i said before every single day for me is same as the last as far as macronutrient intake, sleep, and workouts. of course i take off days from the gym. all i am taking is fish oil (super epa), BCAAs, and creatine. They are all NOW products. i have been taking the creatine and super epa for months but as soon as i added the BCAAs my workouts went to the next level. i just will not get tired. i feel as if i can stay in the gym forever and i have to force myself to leave after about an hour.

i have never tried the BCAAs from nutraplanet. i am not sure who manufactures their products but i think they come from a place where making stuff is very inexpensive. Now foods produces there stuff in the US and is certified by all sorts of lab tests. Maybe the Now brand aminos are more potent, i dont know. but i would think that if everybody was experiencing what i am then people would be raving like lunatics just like me.

lol i just realized i sound like a NOW foods rep. but i garuntee i am not. i am the farthest thing from...well anything in normal society lol.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.06%

I do believe in the benefits of BCAA's but unfortunately they overtax neurotransmitters for me and make me apatheitc and unproductive (I train in the morning so this zombie-brain-like side effect is unacceptable forme as it occur the majority of the day).
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%

You have problems.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.61%

You have problems.
    I second this.
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This is a forum for open discussion, I don't think Crying Emo has been making rude posts at all.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.34%

dynomite.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    This is a forum for open discussion, I don't think Crying Emo has been making rude posts at all.
    agreed lol folks you are arguing about how you measure BCAAs get over it lol am.com at its finest this thread reminds me of the crap I used to seed when I frequented bb.com!
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    I agree... you must have misunderstood some of the comments..?

It's great to hear some solid results coming from BCAA's. Xtend is by far one of my favorite supplements of all time. It keeps me fired up and good to go on my runs. I go with 30g Xtend (6 scoops) and 2 scoops of Posidon and I feel fantastic. Zero calories, so there is no digestion issues mid-run... yet it keeps me feeling strong throughout the session. Looking forward to my recently ordered Apple and Orange Xtend coming in!
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.34%

point is... 2.5 grams of BCAAs realistically will not deliver the results dynomite is claiming they do..

did somebody say, PLACEBO EFFECT?
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.39%

a level tsp is 5g isn't it? I take 10g BCAAs in my PWO, but I also take PVL Extendavol pre-workout. Because I'm doing a bit of a cut, I've been taking caffeine pre-workout too which I'm finding is working great for me, however on their own BCAAs don't give me much energy or stimulate me to any degree. I also add 5g of leucine to my PWO.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%

:burg:
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    a level tsp is 5g isn't it? I take 10g BCAAs in my PWO, but I also take PVL Extendavol pre-workout. Because I'm doing a bit of a cut, I've been taking caffeine pre-workout too which I'm finding is working great for me, however on their own BCAAs don't give me much energy or stimulate me to any degree. I also add 5g of leucine to my PWO.
    Nice setup, this is similar to a friend of mine.
  30. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

i am not taking 2.5 grams of BCAAs.

but hey if you dont believe i am getting the results that i a getting that is fine with me. i really couldnt care less. you can continue taking 30 grams along with the countless other supplements. most people in this forum take so many supplements they dont know what they are feeling and what they arent. thats not the case with me.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

Don't feed the troll?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i am not taking 2.5 grams of BCAAs.

but hey if you dont believe i am getting the results that i a getting that is fine with me. i really couldnt care less. you can continue taking 30 grams along with the countless other supplements. most people in this forum take so many supplements they dont know what they are feeling and what they arent. thats not the case with me.
    You are absolutely right. Too many supplements are ineffective, on the other hand too little supplements are ineffective
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.2%

xxx
    Last edited by lilnardey; 03-31-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: x
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    You are absolutely right. Too many supplements are ineffective, on the other hand too little supplements are ineffective
    lol huh supplements arent NECCESARY lol there just a benefit good work ethic and roper training are NECCESARY .
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Supplementation in Bodybuilding IS neccessary! Creatine, Beta Alanine, Bcaa's
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Supplementation in Bodybuilding IS neccessary! Creatine, Beta Alanine, Bcaa's
    Stop giving me a hard time lol come on you know what I mean, we are talking besides the basics I thought.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%

Does Nutraplanet sell bulk tissues? you should order some.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Eject View Post
    hahahha thats for real
  39. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by Eject View Post

lol that was some great anabolicminds humor. really creative mentioning the board sponsor like that....kudos. now all you have to do is buy every supplement that is peddled on here and donate to become a gold member and then you will really be cool.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%

lol that was some great anabolicminds humor. really creative mentioning the board sponsor like that....kudos. now all you have to do is buy every supplement that is peddled on here and donate to become a gold member and then you will really be cool.

Nice try on the comeback, Keep up the practice!

So, are you starting your sponsored Midol and Maxipad log soon?

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is the correct way to use protien shakes?
    By healthychaser in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
  2. what is the best way to take Masterdrol Sublingial?
    By waverebelfore in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. What is the best way to increase appetite?
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:11 PM