TV Chefs

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have a favorite chef they follow on tv? I mean, theres a whole channel dedicated too them, so surely you gotta like one of 'em. Personally, I like Anthony Bourdain. He's not one of those goofy chefs (aka Rachel Ray, Emeril, Bobby Flay) He looks for food with taste, even if it looks/sounds disgusting. Plus I'm almost completely positive he's drunk during most of his shows. He's a Ramones fan, he openly promotes smoking, he disses vegetarians, hates fast food, and he got one of the most painful looking body massages I've ever seen. The dudes just cool for being a 5-star NYC chef, plus his show is awesome too. He's hilarious.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he had a show called the Naked Chef. I watched one of his shows on TV yesterday.. omg I was so hungry afterwards!! He made this crazy blackberry and apple pie! And all I had was a casein shake for "dessert" :eek: hehe

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I watched him make something called, "Chocolate Cambridge Creme" once... It looked so good I had to change the channel. Good pick!

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
If I have to pick a TV "Chef" Bourdain is the man, behind Puck ofcourse. They actually qaulify as real chefs.

Bourdian has a great quote- "The most danerous type of restaraunt owner, is those that got into it for love"

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Personally, my dream is to marry Rachael Ray and have Paula Dean for a Mother In Law. I would defiantly have to give up any bodybuilding dreams though and just become a strong fat guy. Alton Brown is defiantly a top runner in my favorite list also.
I have had nightmares about Chef Ramsey, and Emeril makes a hell of a chicken seasoning. This is a topic i am very passionate about lol.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone ever watch that cooking show called, "The Two Fat Ladies"?? They were funny, but most of what they cooked looked like it would cause a coronary.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
*Currently watching Rachael Ray (on the food network) and am finding myself cringing at what she is making* It seems like everything she makes is terrible for you. I mean sure, it might taste good at the time, but 1800 fat calories per serving later - you'll be huge!!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you think Rachael Ray is bad, you should watch Paula Deen. I love those shows.

That's like the only channel I watched during contest prep. :food:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I could probably watch Ingrid Hoffman all day :D Yeah, Paula Dean makes some crazy food too.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Anyone else giggle when Rachael Ray says, "Spoonula"?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
WOOT!!! Food Network's got an Anthony Bourdain special on X-mas day! Something to watch between the games!

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've always liked Emeril, he reminds me of....ME!!!

I actually just found out that I live right near Rachel Ray, my father was visiting me and met her somewhere getting coffee, he saw her VT license plates and chatted with her for a bit...

Carbocation

Carbocation

Awards
*Currently watching Rachael Ray (on the food network) and am finding myself cringing at what she is making* It seems like everything she makes is terrible for you. I mean sure, it might taste good at the time, but 1800 fat calories per serving later - you'll be huge!!
i think if i hear rachael ray say EVOO one more time i am gonna puke lol!!!

the galloping gourmet was the bomb. :hot:

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
The guy that does the "Diners, Drive-in's, and Something" show is annoying but I love his show.

Favorite chef though... Paula Dean... please adopt me

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Alton Brown.
yea....this guy actually has a clue as to what the hell is going on with your food too.....he pretty much breaks that crap down to a chemistry point of view....so, if u dont like math, numbers, chemistry....u probably wont like him......i like it alot, saying i teach chemistry.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smith_69 General Chat 9
General Chat 3
yeahright Recipes 0