How about not taking Whey?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Im taking whey now, and I dont think it REALLY is worth it.

Im eating roughly 200g of Protein from Whole Foods (including milk which I take regardless) alone. In addition, I weigh 155lbs now so thats more than enough protein for me.

I did a search on here and some people were saying strictly Post-workout and others said protein shakes can make up for half of your daily protein intake while some say they rarley drank it.

Is taking whey worth it to you? If so, why?

This can be any type of protein powder (whey, isolate, soy, cassein, etc)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Im eating roughly 200g of Protein from Whole Foods (including milk which I take regardless) alone. In addition, I weigh 155lbs now so thats more than enough protein for me.

I did a search on here and some people were saying strictly Post-workout and others said protein shakes can make up for half of your daily protein intake while some say they rarley drank it.

Its just a supplement for people who can't meet there protein needs with whole foods. You don't need it, it is a luxury. I only drink it pre-workout and post because I can't handle whole foods before a workout and want something in my stomach before exercise. After is the same thing...However if I run out I easily get my protein from whole foods. I just don't eat anyting pre-workout, or maybe take a pre workout supplement before I work out. Afterwards I can eat a little bit of whole food within an hour and my stomach is fine. Eating extra protein doesn't make extra muscle. In fact extra protein, just like extra carbs, will make extra fat!.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Its just a supplement for people who can't meet there protein needs with whole foods. You don't need it, it is a luxury. I only drink it pre-workout and post because I can't handle whole foods before a workout and want something in my stomach before exercise. After is the same thing...However if I run out I easily get my protein from whole foods. I just don't eat anyting pre-workout, or maybe take a pre workout supplement before I work out. Afterwards I can eat a little bit of whole food within an hour and my stomach is fine. Eating extra protein doesn't make extra muscle. In fact extra protein, just like extra carbs, will make extra fat!.
Well Im not in "need" of extra protein. I can easily eat food pre-workout and Post so im taking whey out of the shopping cart. Well fat isnt what Im looking for. Thanks for your help.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm a vegetarian, so I'd pretty much be lost without my whey protein. If you can meet what you figure to be your standard through the foods you choose to eat, then by all means, don't overload on protein. Unfortunately for me, unless I just want to chow down on fat free cottage cheese and egg whites, I gotta have my whey shake.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I'm a vegetarian, so I'd pretty much be lost without my whey protein. If you can meet what you figure to be your standard through the foods you choose to eat, then by all means, don't overload on protein. Unfortunately for me, unless I just want to chow down on fat free cottage cheese and egg whites, I gotta have my whey shake.
The last thing I need is more fat from extra protein. But for your, you dont get 40g Protein per 8oz of Carrots like you would from Chicken.

cottage cheese.:sick: I hate it.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
The last thing I need is more fat from extra protein. But for your, you dont get 40g Protein per 8oz of Carrots like you would from Chicken.

cottage cheese.:sick: I hate it.
Being a vegetarian definitely makes meeting your daily nutritional goals a little bit of a challenge, but I've been one pretty much all my life, so I know all sorts of different foods - and my immune system is like a virus ninja from all those veggies!:cool:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Being a vegetarian definitely makes meeting your daily nutritional goals a little bit of a challenge, but I've been one pretty much all my life, so I know all sorts of different foods - and my immune system is like a virus ninja from all those veggies!:cool:

Yea I would assume it does make it tough. But yea eventually you would find new ways to get your nutritional needs.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So you're a lacto-ovo vegetarian? How much protein would you say you get in on average/day? I'm just curious.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I've been cutting lately, so my overall food intake has been fairly low (I stay under 2100 cals) and I usually get about 140-150g per day

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
around 170-175, but I'm not lean in my mid section. Too much junk food when I was younger

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
around 170-175, but I'm not lean in my mid section. Too much junk food when I was younger
wait junk food is bad?

haha just messing around. I still eat to many goodies. but im working them out of my 'diet'

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Work 'em out quick! The sooner you get your diet skills to match your workout routine (and I mean giving 100% in both areas), the results will start showing up a whole lot faster!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Work 'em out quick! The sooner you get your diet skills to match your workout routine (and I mean giving 100% in both areas), the results will start showing up a whole lot faster!
my diet is on the verge of being perfect and my traning is where it needs to be. maybe soon I can use real supplements. lol

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Just be careful, if you're actually 15, supps may not help as much as the older guys. I know from personal experience that at 15 my hormones were crazy! Just do lots of research and talk to guys like DSADE and JAYHAWKK, they're both very knowledgeable guys that seem to know what they're talking about.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Just be careful, if you're actually 15, supps may not help as much as the older guys. I know from personal experience that at 15 my hormones were crazy! Just do lots of research and talk to guys like DSADE and JAYHAWKK, they're both very knowledgeable guys that seem to know what they're talking about.

im on here for a few hours a day and have learned way more about supplements then I could have imagined.

idk about Anaolic Pump, but i know what Leviathan, low cals, and lots of running can do for a guy.

Those guys are truely gifted and I do listen to what they have to say though.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

Im my opinion whey is overhyped. I still use it but some people say that whey is the only way to go. Ive manage to pull some nice gains with just 1 shake pwo. Casein, whey, all of these are good.

P.S at 15 you shouldnt take "real" supplements. You'll grow plenty with the right amount of calories. My friend is 16 and he's WAY bigger than me. Nothing but protien food and multi vits.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
im on here for a few hours a day and have learned way more about supplements then I could have imagined.

idk about Anaolic Pump, but i know what Leviathan, low cals, and lots of running can do for a guy.

Those guys are truely gifted and I do listen to what they have to say though.
You could use AP at your age. I just think you dont need it. I don't know if you know this already but supplements have very little to do with gains. It's the hard work you put into it. There is nothing wrong with you taking AP but if you were like me, (and most people are) you'll try A.P then you'll like it. Then you want more and more stuff. Pretty soon you'll be on epistane when your 16. Staying away from supplements may do you more good than harm. Although I cannot find a physical side effect that may happen to you, I would say a mental one definately will. The mentality of getting bigger on supplements stay with you. Especially when your a teen. Thats just my 2 cents however.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Im my opinion whey is overhyped. I still use it but some people say that whey is the only way to go. Ive manage to pull some nice gains with just 1 shake pwo. Casein, whey, all of these are good.

P.S at 15 you shouldnt take "real" supplements. You'll grow plenty with the right amount of calories. My friend is 16 and he's WAY bigger than me. Nothing but protien food and multi vits.
well I understand the basic concepts and even furthur ideas of lifting and dieting. Thats why for the next 3 months Im stickinng to Sleep, Food, Water, Vitamins, Creatine and an important amino acid in Leucine.

then if my goals are accomplished, I will furthur my supplment histroy and use Leviathan and BCAA's to preserve muscle mass. Anabolic Pump would be an awesome supplement to unleash the power of carbs, but I am still very skeptical of its actually purpose.

I honestly feel 15 year olds are sterotyped becuase of being "young" and "greedy for the get big quick scheme"

Im not your average 15 year old. I understand what supplememnts do and when to use them and when to wait. Im not an idiot like a fellow classmate taking D-bol with no-explode. thats idiotic.

I know that body building is a marathon not a sprint and it is about dedication and consitency. Its not going to be easy. I have to train hard and diet even harder.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
You could use AP at your age. I just think you dont need it. I don't know if you know this already but supplements have very little to do with gains. It's the hard work you put into it. There is nothing wrong with you taking AP but if you were like me, (and most people are) you'll try A.P then you'll like it. Then you want more and more stuff. Pretty soon you'll be on epistane when your 16. Staying away from supplements may do you more good than harm. Although I cannot find a physical side effect that may happen to you, I would say a mental one definately will. The mentality of getting bigger on supplements stay with you. Especially when your a teen. Thats just my 2 cents however.

Epistane would be a waste to me. Its not important and would not hinder gains due to my sky-high test levels. I want to become a personal trainer or dieticain and really want to know as much as I can from experience without putting my body into harm or worse, breaking the law.

I know well enough, creatine does not make you big. Sleeping and lifting and eating heavy do that. creatine will break a plateu if Im in one, or for the main purpse, create more ATP to unleash energy. Although even creatine may not be a smart idea, I will try it for my own knowledge. not hear-say

Thank you cellar, I truley do appreciate your advice in all ways in all seriousness. Thank you.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Epistane would be a waste to me. Its not important and would not hinder gains due to my sky-high test levels. I want to become a personal trainer or dieticain and really want to know as much as I can from experience without putting my body into harm or worse, breaking the law.

I know well enough, creatine does not make you big. Sleeping and lifting and eating heavy do that. creatine will break a plateu if Im in one, or for the main purpse, create more ATP to unleash energy. Although even creatine may not be a smart idea, I will try it for my own knowledge. not hear-say

Thank you cellar, I truley do appreciate your advice in all ways in all seriousness. Thank you.

no problem. Glad to see that you think outside of the box. :thumbsup:

My friend at 16 took AP. He loved it. Shared it with me, I loved it. It will help you put more use to your carbs. Nutritient repartition supplements are amazing in my opinion. The pumps are nice too. The AP in terms for it's "anabolic" effect is it's ability to provide nutrition to the places you want to grow. your muscles. That I think is important. Swelling pumps are nice but the real mechanics of it all is very impressive to me. Heck I just bought 2 bottles of AP and 1 bottle of P-Slin. That says a lot for a drop dead broke college student. :p Good luck on the AP.

P.S your 155 pounds no need for leviathan.

Why? your probably lean enough #1
#2 I would say that leviathan hinders your gains in terms of muscles. The idea of a fat burner does not target fat in general. It would just make eating food kind of pointless. You add 300 calories to bulk up. The leviathan helps burn off the extra 300, in result you didnt consume any extra calories. Thats just my take on the whole fat burning process. In theory it could be used on a bulk, but it's just a waste. You would make more progress a super clean diet. Bulk up with a super clean diet to avoid as much fat gains as possible, then cut with leviathan.It's better that way. I speak on personal experience from this. Not hear say btw. Just letting you know :)

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
no problem. Glad to see that you think outside of the box. :thumbsup:

My friend at 16 took AP. He loved it. Shared it with me, I loved it. It will help you put more use to your carbs. Nutritient repartition supplements are amazing in my opinion. The pumps are nice too. The AP in terms for it's "anabolic" effect is it's ability to provide nutrition to the places you want to grow. your muscles. That I think is important. Swelling pumps are nice but the real mechanics of it all is very impressive to me. Heck I just bought 2 bottles of AP and 1 bottle of P-Slin. That says a lot for a drop dead broke college student. :p Good luck on the AP.

P.S your 155 pounds no need for leviathan.

Why? your probably lean enough #1
#2 I would say that leviathan hinders your gains in terms of muscles. The idea of a fat burner does not target fat in general. It would just make eating food kind of pointless. You add 300 calories to bulk up. The leviathan helps burn off the extra 300, in result you didnt consume any extra calories. Thats just my take on the whole fat burning process. In theory it could be used on a bulk, but it's just a waste. You would make more progress a super clean diet. Bulk up with a super clean diet to avoid as much fat gains as possible, then cut with leviathan. Better that way.

I gotta admit though AP and P-slin look like a KILLER stack!

ahh you never understood my goals.

for 3 months im bulking up to 170lbs. then im cutting 10lbs with Leviathan in March. I wanted Leviathan during a bulk but that was a week ago and that was cleared up by Distilled water.

So bascially:

During Bulk (now through Feb)- Creatine and L-Leucine (possibly AP or P-slin)
3000 Cals

During Cut (march thorugh may)- Leviathan and BCAA's
1900cals

And lots of protein from whole foods.

I may even buy some cassein during the cut to be safe, but Im not gonna get paranoid about losing a little bit of muscle.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Check out the thread on Quinoa (a vegetarian favorite;)) in this forum... Great source of nutrients - and can be made several different ways!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I gotta admit though AP and P-slin look like a KILLER stack!

ahh you never understood my goals.

for 3 months im bulking up to 170lbs. then im cutting 10lbs with Leviathan in March. I wanted Leviathan during a bulk but that was a week ago and that was cleared up by Distilled water.

So bascially:

During Bulk (now through Feb)- Creatine and L-Leucine (possibly AP or P-slin)
3000 Cals

During Cut (march thorugh may)- Leviathan and BCAA's
1900cals

And lots of protein from whole foods.

I may even buy some cassein during the cut to be safe, but Im not gonna get paranoid about losing a little bit of muscle.

ah. gotcha. I didnt read the entire thing. I approve of the AP. The leviathan im not so sure. yohimbine's pretty hardcore for some people already. For a 15 year old, it should be worst. Your metabolism is high as hell right now. You should be able to burn fat by just trying to cut naturally. I wouldnt worry about the leviathan. If you ask me it was made for old people like blackjack ;)

Your super fast metabolism should serve well on your cut. You could always incorperate AP into a cut as well. Ive seen some thread about it. Not exactly sure on the results however. You may want to try and search that. :)

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
ah. gotcha. I didnt read the entire thing. I approve of the AP. The leviathan im not so sure. yohimbine's pretty hardcore for some people already. For a 15 year old, it should be worst. Your metabolism is high as hell right now. You should be able to burn fat by just trying to cut naturally. I wouldnt worry about the leviathan. If you ask me it was made for old people like blackjack ;)

Your super fast metabolism should serve well on your cut. You could always incorperate AP into a cut as well. Ive seen some thread about it. Not exactly sure on the results however. You may want to try and search that. :)

Thats what I hear about the Yohimbine. I planned on only taking half of the advised dosage only becuase I loved the sample SO much and really think it will help.

But your right about my metabolism i know its crazy fast. When I cut, I will have some Leviathan next to me if I REALLy want it, and will just see what happens.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I hear about the Yohimbine. I planned on only taking half of the advised dosage only becuase I loved the sample SO much and really think it will help.

But your right about my metabolism i know its crazy fast. When I cut, I will have some Leviathan next to me if I REALLy want it, and will just see what happens.
sounds reasonable. Just adjust accordingly. If you see signs of GI discomfort, lay off the leviathan or tamper down. I get GI problems with 4 caps of leviathan. It's not a girly fat burner you know. :fool2:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

If you can get all the protein you need from foods, go for it. Whey should be reserved for those who don't eat enough protein for their daily requirements. Looks like you don't have that problem. The reason being that shakes are really not absorbed very well. Most of the protein just passes through the digestive system because your body isn't breaking anything down to get the nutrients.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
well I understand the basic concepts and even furthur ideas of lifting and dieting. Thats why for the next 3 months Im stickinng to Sleep, Food, Water, Vitamins, Creatine and an important amino acid in Leucine.

then if my goals are accomplished, I will furthur my supplment histroy and use Leviathan and BCAA's to preserve muscle mass. Anabolic Pump would be an awesome supplement to unleash the power of carbs, but I am still very skeptical of its actually purpose.

I honestly feel 15 year olds are sterotyped becuase of being "young" and "greedy for the get big quick scheme"

Im not your average15 year old. I understand what supplememnts do and when to use them and when to wait. Im not an idiot like a fellow classmate taking D-bol with no-explode. thats idiotic.

I know that body building is a marathon not a spring and it is about dedication and consitency. Its not going to be easy. I have to train hard and diet even harder.
Im glad to see that you realize this. Whatever height your friend is now is the height he will stay for life. Premature steroid use really does stunt growth. That's why most users who started too early only grow to be like 5'7. This is not a myth.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
sounds reasonable. Just adjust accordingly. If you see signs of GI discomfort, lay off the leviathan or tamper down. I get GI problems with 4 caps of leviathan. It's not a girly fat burner you know. :fool2:
Alright sounds good. haha yea it actually burns fat and does what it says. who knew?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Im glad to see that you realize this. Whatever height your friend is now is the height he will stay for life. Premature steroid use really does stunt growth. That's why most users who started too early only grow to be like 5'7. This is not a myth.
yea hes about 5'7 right now too. it sucks for him. he doesnt have PCT or even a high protein or high cal diet. hes screwed.