macros? has anyone ever tried these ratios? what has worked for you?

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
ok, right now im doing 40p/30c/30f,
=2450calories
245g protein
184g carbs
82g fat

does anyone think this is too much fat, and i should bump up protein and lower fat?

want to get a little bit leaner without losing a much muscle mass as possible. carbs are at 30 i fairly certain i don't want to go lower on these as i have done that before and felt like ****.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
ok, right now im doing 40p/30c/30f,
=2450calories
245g protein
184g carbs
82g fat

does anyone think this is too much fat, and i should bump up protein and lower fat?

want to get a little bit leaner without losing a much muscle mass as possible. carbs are at 30 i fairly certain i don't want to go lower on these as i have done that before and felt like ****.
Looks solid. My advice would be to track progress and adjust macros along the way as needed. Perhaps even alter carbs from day to day ie. more carbs on workout days.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I think it looks solid. My diet is around what you have suggested and I can see my abs and haven't had any complaints. So as long as you keep your fats healthy you should be good. Personally I keep all my carbs and fats separated, either carbs and protein or fats and protein for each meal, never all three. I also never consume any carbs after about 6 o clock.

I agree with bpmartyr though, track your progress and see how it goes. Everyone's body is different and is gonna respond different. Notice what happens and adjust your diet accordingly.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
It really comes down to the individual and your goals. Also don't forget your personal carb sensitivity. I find I have to have about 40% of my intake from carbs, and that I need about 65g-70g of complex carbs at around 5ish to get me through till my morning complex carbs of oatmeal otherwise I become starving during the night.
As far as a split goes, depending how high your cal's are, I like a 40 Protein 40 Carbs and 20 Fats split, assuming that 20% fats is atleast 75g of fats (So a daily intake of around 3300 kcal).

If you find 30% carbs is enough for you, then I think that is a great looking split. If you're trying to lose some fat you can always try some keto diets too!