Variation of calories on lifting and off days

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about this: take in 500 calories over matinence level on Lifting Days and -500 caloires on your off days while on a Bulk. Is this basically a waste of those extra calories on lifting days or could this result in limited Body Fat gain while attemping a lean bulk??

I was thinking something like this.

Monday (on) - 3,000+ kcals
Tuesday(off) - 2,000 Kcals
Wednesday (on)-3,000
Thursday (on)-3,000
Friday (on)-3,000

S and S (Matinence) or 500 below

For supplments, I was thinking this..

Lifting
10g Leucine Post-WO
10g CM Post-WO

Off Days
15g BCAA's
2 Caps Leviathan: Reloaded
5g CM

If my goal was to gain 10lbs of muscle in roughly 2 months..is this goal possible or to unpredictable?

If I had enough supporters, I could be a "tester" if any one was intrested to see the results.

EDIT: Diet would have roughly 250g of Protein (200 from whole foods)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking about this: take in 500 calories over matinence level on Lifting Days and -500 caloires on your off days while on a Bulk. Is this basically a waste of those extra calories on lifting days or could this result in limited Body Fat gain while attemping a lean bulk??

I was thinking something like this.

Monday (on) - 3,000+ kcals
Tuesday(off) - 2,000 Kcals
Wednesday (on)-3,000
Thursday (on)-3,000
Friday (on)-3,000

S and S (Matinence) or 500 below

For supplments, I was thinking this..

Lifting
10g Leucine Post-WO
10g CM Post-WO

Off Days
15g BCAA's
2 Caps Leviathan: Reloaded
5g CM

If my goal was to gain 10lbs of muscle in roughly 2 months..is this goal possible or to unpredictable?

If I had enough supporters, I could be a "tester" if any one was intrested to see the results.

EDIT: Diet would have roughly 250g of Protein (200 from whole foods)
10lbs will be tough to gain in 2 months. Thats just over 1lb a week. I'd say drop the Leviathan for sure. You stil need to be over maintence on off days to add body mass and hlep repair your muscles. I think 5lbs is an easy goal

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yep eating is just important on off days, this is due to that your off days provide time for your muscles to repair themselves.Especially while bulking the extra cals are necessary.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
10lbs will be tough to gain in 2 months. Thats just over 1lb a week. I'd say drop the Leviathan for sure. You stil need to be over maintence on off days to add body mass and hlep repair your muscles. I think 5lbs is an easy goal
it is a tough goal, but I would like some extra muscle.

actually, i have until Feb. 20th, so I should have enough time if Im taking in enough cals.

Thanks for the insight. I'll just stick to the "textbook" bulk then

thanks guys.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that may lead to a gain of more adipose storage and less lean tissue gain, as opposed to the intended result. By having a 1000kcal net difference from one day to the next, your metabolism will most likely have an 'emergency' response and store more fat than necessary on that day (and go catabolic). I have about a 250kcal difference on training vs. non-training days, and then small variances within training day themselves. I.e., I eat more on leg day as opposed to chest day, and more on that day than arms.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
I think that may lead to a gain of more adipose storage and less lean tissue gain, as opposed to the intended result. By having a 1000kcal net difference from one day to the next, your metabolism will most likely have an 'emergency' response and store more fat than necessary on that day (and go catabolic). I have about a 250kcal difference on training vs. non-training days, and then small variances within training day themselves. I.e., I eat more on leg day as opposed to chest day, and more on that day than arms.
I'm guessing the 250kcal deficit is from removing your pre/post shakes on off days?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm guessing the 250kcal deficit is from removing your pre/post shakes on off days?
I eat whole foods Pre and Post, but yeah, the same thing. I remove a few carbs here and there, and some fats in the morning (FFA oxidation leads to wicked workouts)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it is a tough goal, but I would like some extra muscle.

actually, i have until Feb. 20th, so I should have enough time if Im taking in enough cals.

Thanks for the insight. I'll just stick to the "textbook" bulk then

thanks guys.
You might want to try doing it the other way around..

Taking in -500 on lifing days (since you'll be most likely be doing a heavier load with less reps, you wont burn out so quick) .. Should help you burn fat

+500 on your OFF days for the recovery.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
You might want to try doing it the other way around..

Taking in -500 on lifing days (since you'll be most likely be doing a heavier load with less reps, you wont burn out so quick) .. Should help you burn fat

+500 on your OFF days for the recovery.
that sounds intresting too..

Im going to have to try that, but not this winter. Thanks for the advice though.