First time doing TKD.. diet setup

spoofy

Awards
CKD and TKD people.. how does this look?

7am Morning cardio
8am - 5 Eggs + 3 slices turkey bacon + 5 fish oil capsules
10am - Protein Shake + carbo gain
11am - weight training
12:30 - 1 chicken breast + 5 fish oil capsules
4pm - 1 chicken breast + 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
7pm - 10oz Salmon
10pm Protein shake + fiber + 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil

totals
fat 160g
Protein 267
Carbs 31 (10g of that is from fiber)

2670cals
55% fat
41% protein
4% carbs

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
CKD and TKD people.. how does this look?

7am Morning cardio
8am - 5 Eggs + 3 slices turkey bacon + 5 fish oil capsules
10am - Protein Shake + carbo gain
11am - weight training
12:30 - 1 chicken breast + 5 fish oil capsules
4pm - 1 chicken breast + 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
7pm - 10oz Salmon
10pm Protein shake + fiber + 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil

totals
fat 160g
Protein 267
Carbs 31 (10g of that is from fiber)

2670cals
55% fat
41% protein
4% carbs
Ehh... I would drop the carbo gain and add alot of veggies like spinach, broccoli, cauliflouer and other low impact veggies. Also, I would throw in some almonds. I also CKD and I find I see better success if I keep my fiber on the high end. That carbo gain wont do you any good at all IMHO. If you feel the need for carbs post WO, have a half-cup of oats

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

:bb:

spoofy

Awards
would veggies have any value in providing energy for my workout? I was always under the impression higher GI carbs were needed for that.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
The idea is to deplete your glycogen stores and keep your blood glucose and insulin low. you want your energy to come from ketone bodies manufactured by breaking down the fat molecule and the gluocose your body makes from dietary protein through gluconeogenesis. you want to STAY AWAY from high GI carbs. The veggies are there for fiber... thats it. The 1st week or so, there will be some adaptation but after that its cake (It doesn't eve phase me anymore). It would be a good idea to deplete for 10-14 days before your 1st carb up. And when you carb up, you'll be stoked at how full and dry you will look because you will be so sensitive to insulin that your body will transport pretty much everything to your muscles.