Share your most favorite-est PWO carb source.

  1. Share your most favorite-est PWO carb source.


    Post your favorite PWO carb source. Preferably one that doesn't make you bloated and fat and has worked well for you. I am messing around with different fruit juices right now, (white grape etc) but I've heard that fructose isn't the most efficient at replenishing muscle glycogen stores....


  2. I have been on a big smoothie kick lately and this is the best one so far
    Frozen Pineapple
    Banana
    Vanilla Whey
    Ice

    The best part is that it sticks to my Paleo diet that I am on ATM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  3. I have been having such anxiety over getting it right. Im trying to absolutely perfect my diet. I do believe that liquid sources of pre and post workout meals are the easiest and most efficient to digest, Ive been using fruit juices for a bit...too soon to say how its working. Fruit is the most natural sugar there is so what could be better than that PWO??
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    Post your favorite PWO carb source. Preferably one that doesn't make you bloated and fat and has worked well for you. I am messing around with different fruit juices right now, (white grape etc) but I've heard that fructose isn't the most efficient at replenishing muscle glycogen stores....
    70g WMS, 30g WPI and powdered gatorade (w/ 10g creatine and BCAA's).


    I believe WMS is the fastest carb source available. Taste is a little chalky, but I've found the TrueProtein WMS with Stevia for sweetener quite good. No bloat issues whatsoever.



    X
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  5. I believe WMS is the fastest carb source available. Taste is a little chalky, but I've found the TrueProtein WMS with Stevia for sweetener quite good. No bloat issues whatsoever.

    I may give WMS another go around soon. Last time I used it It seemed pretty good. despite the chalkyness...

  6. Oat Flour + A banana.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree

  7. Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    Oat Flour + A banana.
    I do have a bag of oat flour sitting round because it seemed more favorable than tanking reg oats after a workout. How do you make it with the banana? do you blend it or just mix it in a bowl with water?

  8. Oat Bran
    Cultured Yougurt
    Berries
    Skim Milk.

  9. I love raisins!!

  10. ground up steel cut oats

  11. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    I do have a bag of oat flour sitting round because it seemed more favorable than tanking reg oats after a workout. How do you make it with the banana? do you blend it or just mix it in a bowl with water?
    I put the oats + Whey in a shaker. banana on the side.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree

  12. I use a small amount of frozen fruits with a whole grain source.. been working great for me!

  13. I like the fruit and oats thing. haiz: is the oat flour and whey really chalky and thick?

  14. Waxy Maize Starch + Oatmeal

  15. Rolled oats.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    Post your favorite PWO carb source. Preferably one that doesn't make you bloated and fat and has worked well for you. I am messing around with different fruit juices right now, (white grape etc) but I've heard that fructose isn't the most efficient at replenishing muscle glycogen stores....
    Fructose preferentially replenishes glycogen stores in the liver rather than the muscles, and is not ideal for immediate PWO use. Dextrose and maltodextrin are high-GI carb sources that are preferentially taken up by the muscles in a postworkout depletion state.

    Sweet Tarts or Smarties candy, also some of the powdered forms of candy, are pure sources of maltodextrin and/or dextrose with a bit of citric acid and flavoring, and very useful PWO.

  17. 35gr Vanilla Whey
    50gr WMS
    10oz OJ

    That was awesome!!! Tasted like the oranejulious or whatever in the mall, you know what Im talking about?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    35gr Vanilla Whey
    50gr WMS
    10oz OJ

    That was awesome!!! Tasted like the oranejulious or whatever in the mall, you know what Im talking about?
    Th OJ sounds good! I do powdered gatorade because its cheaper and 'keeps' better.

    I used to love Orange Julius's, back when I was younger you could have them 'add an egg' for $.25. They would crack a raw egg into your drink. I guess they don't do that now with the Salmonella scare and lawsuits and what not...


    X
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  19. Butternut Squash soup, hands down. Throw a bunch of spices in with some butternut squash (I like nutmeg, ginger, allspice) and freeze it in tupperware. Butternut squash is actually higher GI complex carbs and has a phenomenal nutritional profile. Plus if you use a hand blender to make the soup smooth, it gets into you fast.
    Now don't go telling everybody my secret
    High in Potassium, tastes naturally super sweet. Check out the profile Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Squash, winter, butternut, raw

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Butternut Squash soup, hands down. Throw a bunch of spices in with some butternut squash (I like nutmeg, ginger, allspice) and freeze it in tupperware. Butternut squash is actually higher GI complex carbs and has a phenomenal nutritional profile. Plus if you use a hand blender to make the soup smooth, it gets into you fast.
    Now don't go telling everybody my secret
    High in Potassium, tastes naturally super sweet. Check out the profile Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Squash, winter, butternut, raw
    oooh I like this idea.....

  21. maltodextrin ...

  22. I have only really experimented with dextrose, maltodextrin, and now WMS. I prefer the WMS as I have far less bloating than with dex/malto combo.

  23. I use chocolate whey and whole grain oats and banana on side. and I luv it!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM
  2. Share your custom-blend PWO!
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 05:37 PM
  3. pwo shakes...carb sources
    By andrewT in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
  4. What carb source do you mix your creatine with?
    By FATGUY in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
  5. Favorite Supplemental Carb Source.
    By AABigRick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Log in
Log in