- 09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
- 5'8" lbs.
- Join Date
- May 2006
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
From what I've read, the difference in how your body reacts to white potatoes as opposed to sweet potatoes isn't that big of a difference unless you were contest dieting or something. What's you guys' opinion on using white potatoes instead of sweet?
I love cooking white potatoes in olive oil with some garlic and herb seasoning. Just goes a lot better with my meals than sweet potatoes.
- 10-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I like them both. I won't eat 5 potato, but I do eat them.
- 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM
As a general rule, lower GI carbohydrates are what we try to consume, other than say for post workout...
Sweet potatoes are slightly lower in GI than white potatoes, but whenever we eat potatoes we always use some sort of a fatty topping that automatically lowers the GI of the meal. You even said u use olive oil, a healthy fat, and this will lower the GI of the potato.
Whatever floats your boat. Just have some healthy fats with either one (almond butter or pb with a sweet tater, or some olive oil on your white potato.
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
You could always precede the meal with a few caps of apple cider vinegar and then the difference would cease to be relevant, if it ever was.
Also, baby/small white potatoes are significantly lower in GI than the great big ones.
10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By jbotelho6791 in forum BulkingReplies: 10Last Post: 10-23-2011, 03:47 PM
- By nocando22 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
- By Timmo in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
- By jaydee in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2007, 05:51 PM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 01-08-2005, 02:17 AM