Peanut Butter. - AnabolicMinds.com

Peanut Butter.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Sponsor

Peanut Butter.

What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of peanut butter in a day? Some say it can make you constipated. Is this true? Also how many tablespoons do you guys eat on a daily basis?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    What do you guys think is an acceptable amount of peanut butter in a day? Some say it can make you constipated. Is this true? Also how many tablespoons do you guys eat on a daily basis?

Enough to make my macros.

For me, its usually about 2TBls in FF Cottage Cheese.

X
  3. New Member

there is some super protein PB out there... Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. If I can get my hands on some, I'll be eating PB on a more regular basis.. right now, I don't touch the stuff.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

When bulking I have always enjoyed using peanut add extra calories, macros permitting...I have never had a problem with constipation...oh, and I have always natty pb.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  5. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    When bulking I have always enjoyed using peanut add extra calories, macros permitting...I have never had a problem with constipation...oh, and I have always natty pb.
    How is the taste of natty pb compared to skippy? I too am debating on getting natty pb because of the protein benefit.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Honestly, I didn't like it at first, but now I prefer it! The TRUE natty pb has nothing more in it than peanuts and maybe some salt...I believe the brand that I buy is Smuckers...anyway, be sure to read the labes b/c there are some brands that claim to be natty, but have added sugar, palm oil, etc..

If you're a big pb fan you should check out Anabolic Innovations Whey Protein ...and if you find some, let me know...lol
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like most of the other natty butters too - almond + sunflower particularly. I thought the sunflower would suck, but bought it to try and will buy again.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I like most of the other natty butters too - almond + sunflower particularly. I thought the sunflower would suck, but bought it to try and will buy again.
    I eat 1-2 servings of sunflower kernels a day. Just personal preference to have them in whole form rather than butter form. I love them. They help with my cal intake and healthy fats.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm going into ketosis right now, so i'm back to reviewing all my food choices again and the nut butters are a nice "snack" choice, just off spoon.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

How is the taste of natty pb compared to skippy? I too am debating on getting natty pb because of the protein benefit.
    Stay the hell away from non-Natural PB.

Its got hydrogenated vegetable oil and trans fats, while its considered a small amount, the less you take in the better.

X
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post

Its got hydrogenated vegetable oil and trans fats, while its considered a small amount, the less you take in the better.
    X
    That and lots of sugar! I'd suggest moving to natural almond butter as peanuts, even the natural PB kind, are not optimal.
  12. Board Sponsor

X
    Here are the facts for my PB I am using at the moment:

13. New Member

Yes, but not the best choice of raw ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapeseed, cottonseed and soybean) to prevent separation, salt.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone2 View Post
    That and lots of sugar! I'd suggest moving to natural almond butter as peanuts, even the natural PB kind, are not optimal.
    I love almond butter. Its a bit cost prohibitive for anything other than a change of pace.

X
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I buy food the same way I buy gas, I never really look at the price as I figure its stuff I need to have anyhow
    This space for rent

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Here are the facts for my PB I am using at the moment:

It's funny that it is a 'Reduced Fat' PB too!

I eat it FOR the fat content, the protein is just a bennie.

X
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

I buy food the same way I buy gas, I never really look at the price as I figure its stuff I need to have anyhow
    You ever shop at Whole Foods?

A little tub is like $8. I can get 2 large jars of PB for that.

X
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

X
    Wild Oats, similar thing, I think actually whole foods just bought em. and other all natural stores, i've bought organic raw unsalted cashews for a snack before, my wife went off cause they were like $15/lb I hadn't noticed
    This space for rent

19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Wild Oats, similar thing, I think actually whole foods just bought em. and other all natural stores, i've bought organic raw unsalted cashews for a snack before, my wife went off cause they were like $15/lb I hadn't noticed
    Yep, The buy out was approved.

I'm going back to the little independent organic markets again.

They have 'Sunflower Markets' here too, but that is really just SuperValu...

X
  20. Recovering AXoholic

ummm, yeah. Peanut Butter makes me poop.

Ocassionally, I go crazy with a jar of skippy and a spoon. I pay for it the next day.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  21. Registered User

The best PB comes from the health food store where you can grind it to order, just like you're grinding coffee beans fresh. Sometimes they have almond butter too! Wild Oats, Mother's Market, those type of places. I've even found it at a Food 4 Less once!
  22. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    The best PB comes from the health food store where you can grind it to order, just like you're grinding coffee beans fresh. Sometimes they have almond butter too! Wild Oats, Mother's Market, those type of places. I've even found it at a Food 4 Less once!
    Oh yeah DAYUM! I forgot about that. I will have to hit up WF this weekend. Need to go there anyway. Yeah all of it is rather expensive for what we are trying to accomplish. As it isn't expensive enough already. I make really good $ and I tried to get the gov to put me on food stamps! DECLINED! lol. You have to ask yourself is it really worth the extra 5-8 bucks for one lil jar of PB. Power PB seems to be worth the $ though, as it's protein content is like 20g or something...
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

During my cycle I was eating 3 tblspoons (300 calories) a day of Omega-3 Peanut butter. I've cut back to 1 tblspoon a day now. Never had constipation problems.
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    ummm, yeah. Peanut Butter makes me poop.

Ocassionally, I go crazy with a jar of skippy and a spoon. I pay for it the next day.
    You are supposed to eat it, its not a suppository
    This space for rent

25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

word to wise just my thoughts

skippy and any others like it = great

natural = ok

organic = disgusting !
  26. New Member

X
    I suggest Costco or Trader Joes if you have them where you live.

I can pick up a 1lb jar at traders joes for under $2.

I can pick up a 2lb jar almond butter at costco ~$8.
  27. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by advanracing62 View Post
    there is some super protein PB out there... Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. If I can get my hands on some, I'll be eating PB on a more regular basis.. right now, I don't touch the stuff.
    I recommend powerbutter. Pretty good stuff, though higher card count than traditional PB due to the added honey.
  28. Registered User

Shop-Rite natty PB is my fav. Cheaper than the others and IMHO tastes better also. No pantry should be without, unless you are allergic.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  29. Board Sponsor

I have always thought about adding whey to my PB. Could be interesting. Dump it out on a cutting board and sprinkle/mix it in until thoroughly mixed.
  30. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

i eat alot of peanut butter,pb crackers,and peanuts..(im eating them right now actually..lol) pb crackers are one of my cheat foods that i love,i eat them often.Lately i have been eating alot of pb sandwitches before bed trying to put on some weight...so to recap eat pb
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

I have always thought about adding whey to my PB. Could be interesting. Dump it out on a cutting board and sprinkle/mix it in until thoroughly mixed.

Dude, that sounds so gross.

Unless of course it was chocolate whey. Then it might not be ~too~ bad, but then again, I don't like chocolate, so it still sounds sorta nasty.

X
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I keep thinking of adding it to cottage cheese just for taste but still haven't
    This space for rent

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

I keep thinking of adding it to cottage cheese just for taste but still haven't

PB and FF CC is the bomb.

I don't suggest 4% CC and PB though, Its way too salty tasting.

X
  34. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    2 tbsp ed of Teddie's All Natural unsalted peanut butter.
    Contains 8g of protein per serving.

Ingredient list reads as follows:
    Roasted Peanuts

I have used an elimination diet with this pb and noticed little to no change in digestion with or without it at this amount.

Thats the brand I eat. Its good stuff. I get the "chunky" kind. It is very good in ON 100% Casein Vanilla. Not so good in chocolate whey. 1 Serving is 2 Tbsp of PB, mix that in with 2 scoops of On 100% Casien in 8 Ounces of Calorie Countown Milk, and blend it up and add a little water at a time while the blender is going till it mixes smoothly and to your desired consistancy. Too thin and you won't get a lot of peanut butter taste though. If the blender gets stuck at first you may have to scrape it down and break up the protein sludge with a plastic spatula....
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

i usually only intend on having 2 tsps, but 2 turns into 4, 4 turns into 8, etc etc.

before i know it, i am half a jar in in one sitting. oops. then i have to play with my macros all day to adjust for it.
  36. Board Sponsor

Dude, that sounds so gross.

Unless of course it was chocolate whey. Then it might not be ~too~ bad, but then again, I don't like chocolate, so it still sounds sorta nasty.

X
    You ever heard of unflavored whey? The stuff is decent in smoothies!
  37. Recovering AXoholic

This thread makes me hungry.

*unsubbed*
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  38. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm sure he's still subbed, waiting for the next exciting recipe
    This space for rent

39. Board Sponsor

Purchase regular creamy PB, natty, or skippy reduced fat..Add in 1 serving crushed almonds. I did this tonight...It was the S***! It added roughly 150 more cals to my sammich I ate! Also thought about mixing oats with PB and eating it on a sammich...I do not like oatmeal by itself cooked...call me weird lol.
  40. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

...I do not like oatmeal by itself cooked...call me weird lol.
    bro i can only eat it dry mixed in my cereal...so i cant taste it.....
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. "Naturally More" Peanut Butter
    By intv in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
  2. Best tasting Natty Peanut Butter?
    By Moyer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
  3. All Natural Peanut Butter Diet?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss