Food blender .... Will it ruin gains?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Food blender .... Will it ruin gains?

I was thinking of easier ways of getting 7\8 meals a day down as time always seems to be a problem. Would sticking cooked chicken potatoe and broc etc in a blender adding milk then drinking have a adverse effect on the digestive system? I know it sounds rough but it wouldnt be a problem for me... Any one foresee any problems?

2. Registered User
    Answers

other than sounding completely ****in nasty no i don't think it would matter if you blended it.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah, i know what you mean...but Žif it was easy, every1 would do it'

Im sure though ive heard something about your body needing roughage to work properly...im looking into it as we speak
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

you could add fiber separately as psyllium husks
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I like this idea, but then again I'll eat nearly anything.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like a good soup to me. Aside from that I blend my oats into shakes (have a vitamix) and I also eat them. I am pretty sensitive to blood sugar spikes and when I drink my oats its almost like I just drank gatorade. I wonder if blending has a big effect on the absorption ?
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    I like this idea, but then again I'll eat nearly anything.
    Its funny, i'm the cook in the house. I have a completely stocked 2 full cabinets of assorted spices. My fridge is a 25cuft bottom freezer one (so the largest fridge itself space you can get), and its 2/3 filled with condiments (we've got a sparate freezer for meat / fish storage). I've got a pantry with all sorts of dried + canned ingredients too. I watch cooking shows.

And at this point, although I try to make stuff taste good, I could give a damn less in the end. Its just like taking another supplement to me. If the benefits are there, the taste doesn't matter. My wife has been grossed out by watching some of the things i've eaten together (finishing leftovers).
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its funny, i'm the cook in the house. I have a completely stocked 2 full cabinets of assorted spices. My fridge is a 25cuft bottom freezer one (so the largest fridge itself space you can get), and its 2/3 filled with condiments (we've got a sparate freezer for meat / fish storage). I've got a pantry with all sorts of dried + canned ingredients too. I watch cooking shows.

And at this point, although I try to make stuff taste good, I could give a damn less in the end. Its just like taking another supplement to me. If the benefits are there, the taste doesn't matter. My wife has been grossed out by watching some of the things i've eaten together (finishing leftovers).

I actually went to school for cooking and baking years and year ago. Now I think it was a big waste of time and money. I used to be into cooking too. The thing is what is the point of spending all day in the kitchen on something your just gonna scarf down in less than half the time it took to prepare it?. Plus you gotta clean up the mess!. I eat for function not for taste. Well not completely but mostly. I once made a tunafish omlet...Mmmmmm!. The idea of blending your food up is the worst thing you can unless maybe you have had oral surgery and its the only thing you can do. Otherwise its just detrimentral. Point being humans were meant to eat(chew) food, not drink it. Blending it would take away the thermic effect of food. Big problem, big negatives, no, no no, don't do it.
  9. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Exactly. You live this life long enough and your day to day meals become a routine like you said: "another supplement." You still have your fun going out with your girl or your friends where you eat for flavor and fun, but in the house it's just another part of the equation.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Point being humans were meant to eat(chew) food, not drink it. Blending it would take away the thermic effect of food. Big problem, big negatives, no, no no, don't do it.[/QUOTE]

The thermic effect? Big negatives? I dont doubt what your saying but can you explain why it be detremental.
    Guess it is basically making a soup outa of a meal. Maybe just the once a day wouldnt be so bad then.

And to those who said eatings a function just to get masssive. Amen
  11. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

A large portion of food's thermic effect comes from digesting it, not chewing it. The body expends a good bit of energy in adjusting the food's temperature and in digesting protein.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    A large portion of food's thermic effect comes from digesting it, not chewing it. The body expends a good bit of energy in adjusting the food's temperature and in digesting protein.
    What about old people...They get all their food in puree form, so it cant be that bad.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Well you could always blend the majority of your meals and still eat maybe two of them?
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

blend the major amount of the meals and chew celery with it
    This space for rent

15. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

blend the major amount of the meals and chew celery with it
    *gag*
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

Here's what I don't get: How does blending the broccoli destroy the fiber? It's not like the fiber has to be in an actual fibrous form, does it? Fiber supps are powered.
    Or I'm missing something.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. No Masturbation: Will it Help with my Gains?
    By Ahhnold in forum Bulking
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
  3. Will cardio limit gains?
    By mcQ in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:53 PM
  4. Understanding Our food and how it works.
    By The Answer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 07:48 PM