protein intake timing
- 09-20-2007, 10:50 PM
- 09-21-2007, 03:56 AM
- 5'9" 180 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
well you gotta figure that you're taking in relatively high amounts of protein every day and that includes off days.. and all that protein isn't just going to waste--its going to continue to help your body repair, etc, regardless of when you are planning your next session, ya know? I would make you sure you get a substantial amount in post-w/o and atleast one or two more servings before you hit the hay (don't know when you typically pass out!).. but in short, no, the protein you're taking in during the day is not going to waste as it serves to help you recover from prior sessions.. that is why it's recommended to take 1-1.5 grams of protein/lb eeeevery day.. good luck with your training mushy!
- 09-21-2007, 10:54 PM
thanks Red Dog...now I'm off to down my "Torrent"!
Similar Forum Threads
- By CDB in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
- By massmonster in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
- By Beowulf in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 03-13-2006, 07:06 AM
- By guyfromkop in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
- By Syr in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 02-27-2005, 01:50 AM