got sick during final part of eca, any advice?

1. Registered User
    Answers

got sick during final part of eca, any advice?

Ive been dieting to get from 185 @ around 15% bodyfat to about 165 at 8% so I can compete more effectively for powerlifting. Ive got really awful tendonitis and soreness, so I figured after 6+ weeks of non stop training, I needed a week off, which coincided with getting sick.

My stack looked like:
    first 2 weeks: ephedrine hcl 25mg/caffiene 300mg/7.5mg salicin (herbal aspirin stuff), taken twice a day. (total eph: 50mg, caff: 600)
    Second 2 weeks: yohimbine hcl 2.5 mg/caffiene 300 mg taken twice a day (total y5,c600)
    and the last 2 weeks a repeat of the first, with about 50 mg ephedrine, 600 mg caffiene per day.
    I am now about 170 at 10% bf or so.

Got sick this week, and it was a week I scheduled off for active recovery (plyometric type stuff). Seems to be mostly a respiratory thing. Should I stop taking the eca until I feel better?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I don't think it has much of an effect on the immune system. On the good side, it's a bronchial dialator but on the bad side, it won't let you rest as well as you need to.

Personally, I'd lay off and rest for 2-3 days then resume training and supps.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I guess Ill keep going, also worried that not training + taking cutting drugs + being sick = catabolism.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

E is anti-catabolic. Add some cort blockers and you could take a few days off easily.

Just my .02$
  5. Registered User
    Answers

do cort blockers really work?

I don't want to mess with my hormones much as I did ph's about 2 months ago.

appreciate the help bioman
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, they do work and controlling cort when you are sick is sometimes a good idea as it boosts the immune system.

Look into Retain or IBE's new cort product.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

i lifted a bit and it felt pretty bad, couldnt lift much, had breathing problems. I guess i wont even try it again till next week.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

update, its been about a week since i got sick. Ive been having fevers, chills, headaches, cough, etc. Hopefully the antibiotics I was perscribed will do the trick. Ive dropped the ECA stack and I am taking a perscription decongestant with pseudoephedrine. I've lost a lot of weight. I know my pants don't fit anymore, Ive lost about 1-2" in the past week. I havent done any form of training since last week. The only good thing is I look a bit like bruce lee, a bit too twiggish but Ill spend the following week when I get better clean bulking back a bit and then take another crack at eca.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Variocam View Post
    update, its been about a week since i got sick. Ive been having fevers, chills, headaches, cough, etc. Hopefully the antibiotics I was perscribed will do the trick. Ive dropped the ECA stack and I am taking a perscription decongestant with pseudoephedrine. I've lost a lot of weight. I know my pants don't fit anymore, Ive lost about 1-2" in the past week. I havent done any form of training since last week. The only good thing is I look a bit like bruce lee, a bit too twiggish but Ill spend the following week when I get better clean bulking back a bit and then take another crack at eca.
    update #2: 3rd day of antibiotics. Went to the gym for 10 minutes to weigh myself and also try a few reps.
    I did dumbbell bench with 90's for 6, 80's for 10, 85's for 8 in that order which is pretty pathetic. Normally do 90's for 3 sets of 10. I also lost about 7 lbs bodyweight in 9 days.

guess ill eat big, stay off eca for awhile and hopefully be back to where i was in 3 weeks.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. first day of eca need advice
    By stopstalking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 08:07 AM
  2. getting sick on cycle, just part of the game?
    By fast89lx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 09:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 08:05 PM
  4. Rest is important part of training equation
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 11:14 AM
  5. on cycle -- then I got sick -- help
    By xcreed in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5