Which is better - AnabolicMinds.com

Which is better

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Which is better

I love Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I was out of jelly the other day and decided to use honey instead. As I was eating it I think i'd eat PB & H if it were better for me.

I know jellys have alot of added sugar, correct? I also know that honey has a lower GI, between 45-55? Do you guys think there'd be any added benifit to switch over to PB&H?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Honestly either would serve it's purpose quit well, it's just a choice as to which you prefer.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

But do you supoose there are any health benifits of honey vs. jelly?
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    But do you supoose there are any health benifits of honey vs. jelly?
    If you wanted to skip the added sucrose/fructose that's common in most jelly products, then yes I think honey would be quit healthier. It's tuff to call since the processing nature of jelly makes you wonder exactly how much AO's and flavinoid compounds from the fruit are actually maintained in the jar.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. Board Supporter

I love Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I was out of jelly the other day and decided to use honey instead. As I was eating it I think i'd eat PB & H if it were better for me.

I know jellys have alot of added sugar, correct? I also know that honey has a lower GI, between 45-55? Do you guys think there'd be any added benifit to switch over to PB&H?
    I would call PB&J a cheat meal and honey vs jelly splitting hairs. Eat what you want if you're gonna cheat.
  6. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I would call PB&J a cheat meal and honey vs jelly splitting hairs. Eat what you want if you're gonna cheat.
    Completely agree.

And thank you all for making me think about PB&J's during my diet.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

cheat meal.....common man, ezikeal(sp?) bread, natty pb and organic honey.......no nothin stil a cheat meal
  8. Board Supporter

cheat meal.....common man, ezikeal(sp?) bread, natty pb and organic honey.......no nothin stil a cheat meal
    Alas, yes bro. PB&J is a high carb/high fat meal. Not the best macro profile. Yes your ingredients are better than the processed versions but the macros are still borked. If the rest of your diet is on and you're only having one I say go for it - gotta live a little. One thing I would avoid is jelly that is sweetened with glucose/dextrose. Try to find one that uses fructose and/or sucrose (will probably cost more $$$).
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

You could just say screw the jelly and honey, go with some raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries. Smash them into the PB and you're good to go. Fruit is better than any processed jelly or fruit spread.

You could also limit the overall carb content by just using one slice of bread (whole grain, of course) and stacking the PB and berries on top. Half the bread as a whole sandwich.

It could work out OK. I don't think honey has much nutritional value at all.
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

or post workout white bread flufffernutters, yum!
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Alas, yes bro. PB&J is a high carb/high fat meal. Not the best macro profile. Yes your ingredients are better than the processed versions but the macros are still borked. If the rest of your diet is on and you're only having one I say go for it - gotta live a little. One thing I would avoid is jelly that is sweetened with glucose/dextrose. Try to find one that uses fructose and/or sucrose (will probably cost more $$$).
    Yea i know, Im just trying to justify it with myself because I know your right, lol.

I usually eat it in my post-workout meal, about an hour after my shake somedays. Diet is usually one point throught the day I just look for it as a release from all the damn chicken and rice I eat
  12. New Member

i wouldnt worry too much about gi as long as you arent chugging liters of soda, eating tons of junk food, and indulging in candy.

if your calories in < calories out and your macronutrients %ranges are pretty solid, it probably wont be a big difference.
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Honestly either would serve it's purpose quit well, it's just a choice as to which you prefer.
    I agree.. maybe you should just switch it up sometimes so your not always eating the same thing
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which is better, Whey or Casein?
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 07:09 PM
  2. E....Max LMG Vs. Ergomax LMG.... Which is better????
    By desertrider in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
  3. Which is better?
    By juststarting in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. which is better
    By acecombact1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:35 PM
  5. Replies: 12