how much fish oil do you need daily??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. how much fish oil do you need daily??


    Heres my situation..

    Im on a carb cycling diet..
    3 days low carbs 120-190 calories and then followed by 370-400 carbs..and then repeat..

    how much fish oil do i need??
    im taking about about 19 grams a day..is that too much???

    Is taking this much bad for you??

    Anything else I need to know is always great..thanks ahead to everyone..


  2. Fish oil is good and bad news. 19g/day is too much IMO because A) there is the possibility of getting mercury in some fish oil, as there is with oily fish (mackerel, swordfish). Also, you get too high a dose of Vitamin A, which is NOT water soluble, and thus can build to dagerous levels (Like Vitamin E, it doesn't wash out of your system like most other vitamins). A better bet would be 2-5g of Fish oil and a tablespoon (or more) of Flax, Borage, or Evening Primrose oil.
  3. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I'm doing around 40g a day now. You get near steroidal levels of anabolism in that range. Look for some of Charles Poliquin's thoughts on it...
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  4. if i was taking that much i would be very weary of what brand i was taking and to make sure that it was as pure as possible. what brand are you taking?
  5. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    vitamin shoppe house brand, in liquid, not caps
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  6. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm doing around 40g a day now. You get near steroidal levels of anabolism in that range. Look for some of Charles Poliquin's thoughts on it...
    so you take 40g of fish oil???????

  7. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Fish oil is good and bad news. 19g/day is too much IMO because A) there is the possibility of getting mercury in some fish oil, as there is with oily fish (mackerel, swordfish). Also, you get too high a dose of Vitamin A, which is NOT water soluble, and thus can build to dagerous levels (Like Vitamin E, it doesn't wash out of your system like most other vitamins). A better bet would be 2-5g of Fish oil and a tablespoon (or more) of Flax, Borage, or Evening Primrose oil.
    thanks for the advice.. I actually just ordered some Flax, Borage and Evening Primrose oil!
  8. fat


    If you are takin 40g fish oil, what is your total daily intake of fat?
  9. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNZ401 View Post
    so you take 40g of fish oil???????
    Yepper!

    total daily intake is around 90-100, I stick to low fat on most else that I can.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  10. I shoot for 4gr/day in addition to some added flax cereal.

    Easy watch those anti-inflammatory properties man, a tiny cut will bleed forever with that dose range.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  11. i have found a significant difference in anti-inflamatory properties and joint lubrication at 12-15g/day opposed to the 6g/day i used to take. Been at 12-15 for about 6 months now. much better
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

  12. Easy. how long have you been doing 40g? and what results are you seeing?
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Easy. how long have you been doing 40g? and what results are you seeing?
    2 weeks steadily as of now. I'm up 13 lbs in that time on the scale, with slightly better definition - was 199lbs on Sunday the 2nd, today I'm at 212. I'm somewhere in the 15% bf area. The idea came from Charles Poliquin. He said in his article "The Top 5 Supplements to Gain Muscle Mass"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Poliquin
    I was once training a first-round pick for the NFL. He put on 29 lbs of lean body mass in one month once I jacked his fish oil intake to 45 grams a day.

    If you want to put muscle on and lose fat, take at least 30 grams of fish oil a day.
    I figured it was worth trying for a while Only negative side is oily skin + hair, and its not too much worse than when I was taking t-force. I'm using Vitamin Shoppe's house brand lemon lime fish body oils, comes out to under $1/day that way.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  14. fat


    So 100g of fat per day...what percentage is that of your calories and how many cals are you taking in? I think I will try this, but I want to know your calories and macros so I can scale it down to my needs.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    2 weeks steadily as of now. I'm up 13 lbs in that time on the scale, with slightly better definition - was 199lbs on Sunday the 2nd, today I'm at 212. I'm somewhere in the 15% bf area. The idea came from Charles Poliquin. He said in his article "The Top 5 Supplements to Gain Muscle Mass"

    I figured it was worth trying for a while Only negative side is oily skin + hair, and its not too much worse than when I was taking t-force. I'm using Vitamin Shoppe's house brand lemon lime fish body oils, comes out to under $1/day that way.
    if you don't mind could you update this or start a new thread with some occasional updates? like a monthly update or something along that line?

    I think a lot of people would find this info usefull.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  16. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I think it may be closer to 90. Total calories intake is in the range of 3600 or so, which would leave me around 40% carb/35% protein / 25% fat.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  17. You're using liquid right? How are you measuring out 40 grams?

    I definitely think you should start a thread on this, enough people seem interested
  18. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    You're using liquid right? How are you measuring out 40 grams?

    I definitely think you should start a thread on this, enough people seem interested
    I'm doing 3 tablespoons a day... 3tsp of 5mg each to a tbsp. I figure I loose a couple grams to not filling the spoon to the top, and what sticks to it.

    Just FYI as well, the amount of EPA + DHA you get in 30g of fish oil is only a little more than what you would get in a 10oz fillet of wild salmon. So its not a crazy amount at least in terms of those.

    I have to give credit to xjsynx, it was his idea for me to torture myself following Poliquin's recommendations. I can't imagine that at least for bulking I'd see much better results from hormones. We'll see when I switch to a cut.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  19. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    if you don't mind could you update this or start a new thread with some occasional updates? like a monthly update or something along that line?

    I think a lot of people would find this info usefull.
    Maybe I'll start a weekly update, sundays only. Pictures and all. I'm perpetually logging anyway just so that I can look back at progress over time
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  20. very interested in this please keep us updated.

  21. Hmmmmmmmm. How the heck do you consume all that without gagging?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm. How the heck do you consume all that without gagging?
    i was wondering the same thing

  23. Don't worry E is used to swallowing large loads of er stuff. You just have to put it right to the back of your throat .....right E?



    Much Love,

    Neoborn

    P.S I am also interested in this and would love to see a log / thread of high fish oil / EFA intakers.

  24. yeah, I'm interested in this too.

    Do you guys think I can Pulse fish oil too?
  25. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Its just a tablespoon worth 3 times a day, and with flavored fish oils the taste is ok too
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  26. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    2 weeks steadily as of now. I'm up 13 lbs in that time on the scale, with slightly better definition - was 199lbs on Sunday the 2nd, today I'm at 212.
    is there anything else you are on or is this weight gain coming purely from the introduction of 40g of fish oil/day?
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    is there anything else you are on or is this weight gain coming purely from the introduction of 40g of fish oil/day?
    Leviathan , Incarnate and "standard" stuff (BCAA, creatine, etc). the leviathan, incarnate, fish oil and doing GVT as workout scheme all started more or less together.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. An intake that high will have your blood as thin as water!

    You may want to reconsider using such a high dose.

    Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research and Cardiovascular Research Institutes of Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands.

    OBJECTIVE: The beneficial effect of dietary fish oil, rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), on cardiovascular disease is multifactorial and may partly rely on their anticoagulant action. We studied how fish oil intake influenced thrombin generation in plasma and which factors were involved herein. METHODS AND RESULTS: Twenty-five healthy males with borderline overweight received 3.0 g omega-3 PUFAs daily for 4 weeks. Fish oil intake reduced plasma triglycerides and lowered platelet integrin activation, as well as plasma levels of fibrinogen and factor V, but had no effect on vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors. Before fish oil intake, thrombin generation (reflecting the coagulant potential) considerably varied between plasmas from individual subjects, which were partly explained by variation in prothrombin, antithrombin, fibrinogen, and factor V levels. Fish oil intake reduced thrombin generation in the presence and absence of platelets. This reduction correlated with the fish oil effect on fibrinogen and factor V levels. Interestingly, the lowering effect of fish oil on thrombin generation and fibrinogen clustered around subjects with high fibrinogen carrying a structural fibrinogen alpha-chain polymorphism. CONCLUSIONS: Dietary omega-3 PUFAs provoke a hypocoagulant, vitamin K-independent effect in humans, the degree of which may depend on fibrinogen level. Intake of fish oil reduced fibrinogen and factor V levels as well as thrombin generation in plasma. The effects on thrombin generation and fibrinogen clustered around subjects with high fibrinogen carrying alpha-chain fibrinogen polymorphism. Thus, dietary fish oil can provoke a hypocoagulant effect depending on the fibrinogen level

  29. well there is only one way to find out. Prick your finger and see how long it takes you to bleed out.

    also i have a question about fish oil. There is a product that Now oods puts out called super EPA/DHA. I believe that is what it is called. It has about twice as much EPA/DHA in the same amount of oil. Would this be better or does it have to be fish oil to recieve all the health benefits. in other words is EPA/and DHA the only things in the fish oil that provide the health benefits.

  30. Hey E, how long are you planning on megadosing the fish oils? I'm very interested in learning more about this idea. Also, do you have a link to where I can read more about this? Those are some ridiculous gains, keep up the good work.
  31. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Hey E, how long are you planning on megadosing the fish oils? I'm very interested in learning more about this idea. Also, do you have a link to where I can read more about this? Those are some ridiculous gains, keep up the good work.
    you kind of have to search around, but here is one piece on his site

    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/membe...rticle&sid=291

    I think i'll do it at this ridiculous rate 4-6 weeks, then drop to 12-15g/day. He recommends that somewhere else too. I'll probably only stay at that another 4-6 weeks, then go a month with no added fish oils.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  32. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you kind of have to search around, but here is one piece on his site

    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/membe...rticle&sid=291

    I think i'll do it at this ridiculous rate 4-6 weeks, then drop to 12-15g/day. He recommends that somewhere else too. I'll probably only stay at that another 4-6 weeks, then go a month with no added fish oils.
    Thanks for the link. I am seriously considering trying this soon.

  33. 40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
  34. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    yeah, just about needs to be liquid to be economical.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  35. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    http://customnutritionwarehouse.com/...lex-p-177.html

    Makes it a little easier.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  36. haha **** thats 10 bottles in 1

  37. can you mega dose the fish oil while cutting????or is it just bulking>>>>>?????????

  38. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    40g?!!! Thats 40 pills! I take 3 g, anymore and I would have to buy 2 bottles a month
    No you wouldn't not when you can buy 1000 caps from CNW for $27.99 you wouldn't!!!

    Fish Oil Complex [1000 Capsule] - $27.99


    Much Love,

    Neoborn

    *Edit* Prld beat me to it

  39. Have you noticed any significant improvement with recovery and strength gains?

  40. how much fish oil is in fish?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How many grams of fish oil do you have a day?
    By harlan100 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 01:58 AM
  2. how much fish oil should I take?
    By elliotuk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
  3. how much fish oil, do u take daily?
    By Brolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 03:32 PM
  4. What fish oil do you use?
    By vision in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:54 AM
  5. How much Toremifene Citrate do I need.
    By chainsaw in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Log in
Log in