pre workout shake; good or bad idea?
- 09-08-2007, 12:22 PM
- 09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I like to take a drink comprised of BCAAs and WMS starting ~30 minutes pre-WO and drink it throughout.M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Pre-workout nutrition is just as, if not more important than post workout nutrition:
Insulin stimulated by food intake, actually enhances blood flow and subsequent nutrient delivery to muscles (Coggins et al., 2001).
Applying this principle, liquid pre workout meal consumption dramatically increases muscle blood flow and protein synthesis (Tipton et al., 2001). This elevation in muscle growth is at least twice that observed with the same drink taken post workout (Tipton et al., 2001)! In fact, this effect even lasts for an hour after the workout, so itís like having 2 drinks for the price of 1!
Fortunately, early resistance to this research is falling by the wayside, and people are finally starting to reap the benefits that this practice has to offer. While "pre workout nutrition" just doesnít sound as sexy as "post workout nutrition," actually doubling our muscle growth should seem pretty damn sexy to everyone!
The above was snipped from this article:
Specifically, Myth #2 and #3.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Neu in forum General ChatReplies: 42Last Post: 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM
- By SHREDDED4WEIGHT in forum AnabolicsReplies: 22Last Post: 12-19-2004, 07:02 PM
- By SHREDDED4WEIGHT in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-08-2004, 02:13 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 07-21-2004, 09:44 PM
- By FullyBuilt in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:06 AM