Pulled neck muscle (OUCH)!!!
- 08-25-2007, 08:32 AM
- 08-25-2007, 10:23 AM
it will heal. dont worry bout it. might take 3-4 days.
- 08-25-2007, 10:33 AM
My neck takes more of a beating than anything because of BJJ (no editing or jokes here). I wake up with a stiff neck practically everyday from either weight lifting or grappling. Treat it as you would treat your legs:slowly stretch them and gradually increase your ROM.M.Ed. Ex Phys
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I guess ill do slow stretching like you said Rodja and hope that will help.... What makes the pain?... Is it a muscle that is swollen and pushing on something?.... and what's BJJ?
08-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, a grappling martial art. It is partially from sleeping, posture, and training.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I was checked head first into the boards playing hockey a couple years ago and I broke my collarbone along with pulling/tearing muscles in my neck (Sternocledomastoid and scalenes).
Definitely no fun!
Similar Forum Threads
- By MoTiV in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 24Last Post: 09-06-2008, 04:50 PM
- By getswole in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
- By bludevil in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM
- By San Quinn in forum BulkingReplies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
- By jdoyle in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2005, 07:43 PM