- 08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
All jokes aside, I've been wanting to give some of these a try.
Natural Peanut butter is good stuff, but there are a lot of other options out there...
Pumpkin seed butter
Sunflower seed butter
Tahini / Seasame Seed butter
I've only ever had Peanut...but recently bought Almond butter to replace it once it has run out.
Anyone ever try the rest? Can you give an opinion on it's taste/texture and price?
- 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Almond butter is the best.
Tahini plain is down right disgusting.
- 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Almond and cashew butter are pretty good. They're expensive though. Almond butter is easily $10 a jar.
I made walnut butter, but walnuts are kinda bitter-tasting. I mixed in some maple syrup and it tasted pretty good.
If you look in the recipe's forum, I have a thread that tells you how to make your own natty PB. You can easily replace peanuts with other nuts to make it.
08-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I am partial to cashew butter and almond butter, but the price makes them a treat instead of a staple.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
08-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Good to hear...
...yea almost 9 bucks for the jar of almond butter, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
...thanks for the input guys.
08-21-2007, 08:35 AM
08-21-2007, 08:37 AM
08-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By ssbackwards in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2011, 12:56 PM
- By ah0907 in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-20-2010, 01:19 AM
- By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 12-01-2002, 01:26 PM
- By sage in forum SupplementsReplies: 20Last Post: 10-28-2002, 07:22 PM