What to drink while eating?

swtnycboy

Awards
I heard soda is bad for you even though its diet. I heard juice is not the way to go really because of the sugar and what nots. What can i drink that is good if i was to eat a steak besides water?

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
The only two liquids I really drink are water and milk...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All I drink is water, but I often add Crystal Light to it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Read something somewhere about no liquids with meals. Anyone with more feedback on whats ok to drink?

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
A glass of red wine with the steak.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
crystal light, berry blend v8 diet, ruby red diet, white tea, green tea, black tea, coffee. By the way berry blend diet v8 is my favorite drink right now.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Imagine your digestive juices fill up about half a small bottle. Now pour in a litre of water during a meal. What just happened? Your digestive juices just became seriously diluted. While some of the water passes quickly into the small intestine (and dilutes there), your digestive process will still be slowed.

Remember everyone, no liquids with meals. Chew each mouthful thoroughly before swallowing. Dont mix a large amount carbs and protein if you want fast digestion. Dont ever eat fruit with any other meal. Its best to have protein and veg, carb and veg, and fruit, separated in those groups.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Imagine your digestive juices fill up about half a small bottle. Now pour in a litre of water during a meal. What just happened? Your digestive juices just became seriously diluted. While some of the water passes quickly into the small intestine (and dilutes there), your digestive process will still be slowed.

Remember everyone, no liquids with meals. Chew each mouthful thoroughly before swallowing. Dont mix a large amount carbs and protein if you want fast digestion. Dont ever eat fruit with any other meal. Its best to have protein and veg, carb and veg, and fruit, separated in those groups.
Why would you ever have a carb and veg meal with no protein? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats wrong with water? i find that water has taste and i enjoy it!

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hell no. soda no matter what kind has crap sugar in it. crystal light is carb and sugar free i believe.
diet coke doesn't have sugar. it has the same artificial sweetener crystal light has. anything thta's sweet with no sugar has artificial sweetener in it.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Why would you ever have a carb and veg meal with no protein? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.
You dont HAVE to have them separate but its better for digestion. The stomach has a certian level of acidicty for breaking down different foods. Protein molecules need a higher acidity to be broken down than carbohydrates. So when you put them both in together, the stomach gets confused as to what to do. Usually it swings back and forth between high and low acidity, and basically u end up with that 'heavy' feeling in the stomach and your food takes a longer while to digest. because ur food is in your stomach for longer it loses alot of its nutrition, sitting in hydrochloric acid as it is :)

Our stomachs werent designed for that, as our ancestors didnt have the lovley choice to have a meal of many different parts lol.

Think of it in terms of fruit. You put fruit and meat in at the same time, and the fruit, which usually passes straight to the small intestine for quick absorption, is forced to sit in the stomach by the dense meat and loses its nutrition as it ferments and becomes toxic, rather than alkaline and beneficial to the body. Thats why fruit should always be eaten alone on an empty stomach at least once a day.

These food mixing rules arent life or death, but they do go a far way for good digestion, health and getting the most out of ur food. Its quite easy to structure...e.g

Meal 1- Carbs and veg
Meal 2- Protein and Veg
Meal 3-Carbs and Veg
Meal4-Protein and veg
Meal 5-carbs and veg
Meal 6-Fruit (4-5 pieces)

Following a method like this, a good portion of your diet is raw unprocessed vegetables with plently of vitamins, minerals and fibre, you get an alkalising effect as you go to bed when the fruit cleans your system, and you get all the carbs and protein you need :) I learnt all this through study of detox's, holisitc medicine and the advice from nutritionists and naturopaths, but im not saying it has to be done this way its just the way i like to do it :)

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1- Carbs and veg
Meal 2- Protein and Veg
Meal 3-Carbs and Veg
Meal4-Protein and veg
Meal 5-carbs and veg
Meal 6-Fruit (4-5 pieces)
I may be overthinking this but
1. Veggies are carbs?
2. Oats aside this only puts protein in 2 of your meals?
3. Wouldnt you want slow digesting food in your stomach at night to keep the metabolism going instead of something fast like fruit?
Not drinking liquid with your meals is insane to me, if you allow for 30 min before the meal, 25/30 min while your eating and 30 min after the meal for digesting and you eat 6/7 times a day that is over 1/3 of your day you cant drink liquid.
Just my opinion :think:

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
drink green dragon!!!!!!!!
or just water, natural juices, and skim milk. alcohol suckzors.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
I may be overthinking this but
1. Veggies are carbs?
2. Oats aside this only puts protein in 2 of your meals?
3. Wouldnt you want slow digesting food in your stomach at night to keep the metabolism going instead of something fast like fruit?
Not drinking liquid with your meals is insane to me, if you allow for 30 min before the meal, 25/30 min while your eating and 30 min after the meal for digesting and you eat 6/7 times a day that is over 1/3 of your day you cant drink liquid.
Just my opinion :think:

Veggies, due to their tough, fibrous nature, will digest with both protein and carbohydrates.

If your afraid of not having a steady stream of energy release during the night, swap your fruit meal with another meal earlier in the day. The reason why the body is programmed to have nothing in its stomach for a good portion of each day is most every toxic, acidic, dangerous threat to your body is created by what you put in....so the body takes a time out from food each day to recover and clear out the wastes. By putting a huge slow digesting meal in your stomach before bed you hinder this process. And as metabolic processes shut down quickly significantly during sleep, your under no real threat of losing muscle during the night as long as you have been well fed during the day.

If you drink 1/2 L between every meal, including before breakfast and after your last meal, thats 4L a day. More than enough for most.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
if your not keen on following these principles, thats fine, but i urge everyone to complete at least one 7 day detox a year to maintain your health :)

j24

j24

Awards
I think that mineral water is the best to drink while eating.