effectiveness of beans??

  1. New Member
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    213
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    39.15%

    effectiveness of beans??


    Im really tired of eating oats over and over again and looking for ways to get my carbs in and still get the good carbs i need. I currently trying to bulk from 205 to 220 and was wondering how effective would it be to incorporate soy beans into my diet. I found them in my natural food market down the street and seems like a great source...am i right??? Also what about granola. THanks

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,733
    Rep Power
    1317327
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.35%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    What other carb sources do you use?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  3. New Member
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    213
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    39.15%

    pretty much all i eat is oats and sweet potatoes in way of carbs..and then the ones found in milk and protein powder...im trying to hit around 350g of clean carbs and this is just a ton of oats
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,733
    Rep Power
    1317327
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.35%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
    pretty much all i eat is oats and sweet potatoes in way of carbs..and then the ones found in milk and protein powder...im trying to hit around 350g of clean carbs and this is just a ton of oats
    Whole grain pastas and breads are acceptable on a bulk.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  5. New Member
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    213
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    39.15%

    haha...so i get the feeling i didn't stumble on to anything that great...thanks for the imput tho
  6. New Member
    NDjets78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    0.08%

    brown rice is also a pretty good choice
  7. New Member
    Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    87.3%

    Yeah I would evade the soy altogether if possible. My wife has a thyroid issue and we were researching stuff tonight. Apparently soy and peanuts are very good at blocking Iodine from the thyroid therefore causing a low t4 level. Unless you want to add a bunch of fat I would suggest brown rice and other unrefined grainy carb sources.
  8. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    28.26%

    Fruit? Get those antioxidants along with the carbs.
  9. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3016
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    soy mimics estrogen too.
  10. New Member
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    213
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    39.15%

    thanks again, i went out and got some brown rice..and guess its back to the oats...i wonder what i should do with the 5lbs of beans i bought???
  11. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    234
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    38%

    Fart?
  12. New Member
    loner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    36.63%

    my favorite source of complex carbs..http://www.birdseyefoods.com/scripts...product_id=143 I use a drainer and wash out about 90% of the sauce as to lower the sodium content,breat stuff.
    one can is like 500 calories,60 grams carbs,30 grams fiber and 60 grams protein.
  13. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    234
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    38%

    Fart?
  14. New Member
    loner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    36.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagman View Post
    Fart?
    lol when working at a large department bookstore I'd walk down all the isles and let out silent but deadly farts ..I'd take out the entire store within a 30 minute period
  15. Professional Member
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    1786
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    22.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Baked beans! Yum! Mix in some tuna!
  16. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10347
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oddly enough, there is some evidence that combining soy protein with whey protein yields greater muscle growth than whey alone (citation omitted because I can't remember where I ready the study abstract).

    However, there is also fairly good evidence that soy acts as an estrogen mimicker in the body which has good and bad effect (lowers chance of prostate cancer but may cause estro type issues if consumed in excess).

    Although many people avoid soy religiously, I think you could add a small bit to a balanced diet without problems. The difficulty is that soy is a filler ingredient in many products already so you're probably consuming a fair amount as it is.

    I'd suggest whole grain pastas, peanuts, and brown rice.
  17. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    740
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    26.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Don't kill yourself.... you're on a bulk. Make baked beans! I eat Bush's beans pretty often now, as they really aren't all that bad for you. And I'm not even bulking! Fairly fribrous, low sugar, decent protein too.

    One thing that you may want to check out could be a breakfast solution. The pancakes over at NutraPlanet sound great - 40g carbs/40g protein. Should help as a changeup for breakfast?
  18. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    234
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    38%

    Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    lol when working at a large department bookstore I'd walk down all the isles and let out silent but deadly farts ..I'd take out the entire store within a 30 minute period
    Not to ruin your fun but you really should buy these.

    http://flat-d.com/products.html
  19. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    Oddly enough, there is some evidence that combining soy protein with whey protein yields greater muscle growth than whey alone (citation omitted because I can't remember where I ready the study abstract).

    However, there is also fairly good evidence that soy acts as an estrogen mimicker in the body which has good and bad effect (lowers chance of prostate cancer but may cause estro type issues if consumed in excess).

    Although many people avoid soy religiously, I think you could add a small bit to a balanced diet without problems. The difficulty is that soy is a filler ingredient in many products already so you're probably consuming a fair amount as it is.

    I'd suggest whole grain pastas, peanuts, and brown rice.
  20. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,500
    Rep Power
    6470013
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
    Im really tired of eating oats over and over again and looking for ways to get my carbs in and still get the good carbs i need. I currently trying to bulk from 205 to 220 and was wondering how effective would it be to incorporate soy beans into my diet. I found them in my natural food market down the street and seems like a great source...am i right??? Also what about granola. THanks
    Effectivess? Hahaha!!!!



  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Biological Effects of AAS
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 08:51 PM
  2. effects of 19-nor
    By q-tip in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 08:24 PM
  3. after effects of aas and PH
    By ironviking in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 06:55 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 12:13 PM
  5. effects of heat on T1pro?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2002, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in