I am So Disgusted With Myself Right Now

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

I am So Disgusted With Myself Right Now

Had a meeting at work today and they provided pizza and wings. I had resolved not to eat any and had planned ahead by both eating a small meal first and also by bringing along a protein bar and a water......well, I decided I'd have 1 wing.

That turned into 4 slices of greasy pizza and like 10 wings, some even breaded.

Uck. Now I am working (sorta) and I feel bloated, sick, fat and lethargic. Not only did I break from my diet which has been flawless for a month, but I also have Crohn's and Colitis so I am probably going to pay for this dearly later today or tomorrow.

I don't want to know the calorie and fat content of what I just ate. Now I am of course going to get back on track, but I feel like I just ruined the whole day.

If I work out nice and hard tonight (it was originally an off day today) and resume my diet, is it possible that I won't have done any damage? Or did I pretty much guarantee to wake up bloated and heavier tomorrow as opposed to ever so slightly leaner as I have been waking up each and every day for the last mionth.........

I just feel gross. I'm overreacting right now (well...perhaps) but I just feel so bad. I've been doing SO WELL!!!!! WHY WHY WHY?????

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Magx lighten up on yourself buddy.That internal "brow beating" will be much worse for you in the long run then 1 binge day per month.

Look at it like this.If you ate this way 10 times a month before you started getting serious about your diet youve made a 90% improvement and if you did this once in a month you have a 97% clean/3% dirty ratio.

I applaude you for that kind of dedication and self control!just let it go:get back on your horse and ride on!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    Magx lighten up on yourself buddy.That internal "brow beating" will be much worse for you in the long run then 1 binge day per month.

Look at it like this.If you ate this way 10 times a month before you started getting serious about your diet youve made a 90% improvement and if you did this once in a month you have a 97% clean/3% dirty ratio.

I applaude you for that kind of dedication and self control!just let it go:get back on your horse and ride on!

thank you for that little speech

no, seriously. Thanks.

And yes, I was eating like that at LEAST 10 times a month before......once I had my surgeries and dealt with illness I stopped training and started eating HORRIBLY.

I just can't get past this horrible guilt!
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Get over it.

A month long with out a slip is fabulous. Dieting drops leptin levels and will hinder fat loss progress anyway.A refeed is good to stoke leptin levels back up. Granted your food choices were terrible but none the less the short term increase in calories will bump your metabolism and overall result in a positive effect both physically, and psychologically (though you are beating yourself up now).

The colitis and crohns issue is unfortunate and I am sorry for the discomfort you will be experiencing. Yes, you will likely feel bloated and retain same water weight...I do when I get in the same room with pizza and wings. In my book if you are going to blow it...pizza and wings is the way to go

I've got some good news...you'll live
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Get over it.

A month long with out a slip is fabulous. Dieting drops leptin levels and will hinder fat loss progress anyway.A refeed is good to stoke leptin levels back up. Granted your food choices were terrible but none the less the short term increase in calories will bump your metabolism and overall result in a positive effect both physically, and psychologically (though you are beating yourself up now).

The colitis and crohns issue is unfortunate and I am sorry for the discomfort you will be experiencing. Yes, you will likely feel bloated and retain same water weight...I do when I get in the same room with pizza and wings. In my book if you are going to blow it...pizza and wings is the way to go

hahaha.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Fall seven times, stand up eight. - Japanese Proverb

Stuff happens bro! Don't beat yourself up and get back on track! Plus like 5150 said, an "occasional" bump in cals will kick up your metabolism.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.17%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Get over it.

B thanks for jumping in with science and stealing my thunder.

Magx like stated earlier force yourself to focus on the positives and take pride in the acomplishment rather turning ti into a defeat!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    B thanks for jumping in with science and stealing my thunder.

Magx like stated earlier force yourself to focus on the positives and take pride in the acomplishment rather turning ti into a defeat!

I'm using it as fuel to have the best.damn.workout.ever. tonight
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.73%

i've actually done just what you said and woke up with looking leaner the next day, just because my body was ready for a break i guess.

but if i truly do not want to eat anything i'll put the "no" label on it in my head *before* i even look at it, so when i do look at there is no association with desire, but yea, stay positive
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

It is unlikely that at the end of your life you'll give two craps about what you ate today.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by nootropolis View Post
    i've actually done just what you said and woke up with looking leaner the next day, just because my body was ready for a break i guess.

interesting........

very interesting!!!!!!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.6%

Mag your not alone buddy, on Saturday I broke down and had 3 slices of pizza and 3 protein bars. Whats done is done dont harp on it.

And just on a side note dont not eat the rest of your meals in an attempt to help the sitation. Maybe if your planning on a carb meal or something take them out but try to stick with your normal days food as to get back on track correctly.

Also like said before I wouldnt be surprised if you woke up tommorow potentially lighter or maybe even apeparing a little leaner, ive noticed the past times Ive cheated I felt better/leaner the next day.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Mag your not alone buddy, on Saturday I broke down and had 3 slices of pizza and 3 protein bars. Whats done is done dont harp on it.

And just on a side note dont not eat the rest of your meals in an attempt to help the sitation. Maybe if your planning on a carb meal or something take them out but try to stick with your normal days food as to get back on track correctly.

Also like said before I wouldnt be surprised if you woke up tommorow potentially lighter or maybe even apeparing a little leaner, ive noticed the past times Ive cheated I felt better/leaner the next day.
    3 slices of pizza AND 3 protein bars??? Crazy! Sounds tasty though

And no, I didn't skip meals after. I ate a protein bar about 4 hours after the lunch meeting, then came home, had an INSANE workout, then had a PW shake. Now, about 2 hours after, I am about to go upstairs and make some egg whites and then hit the hay in about an hour........

I also got a bit of cardio in with the fiance if you know what I mean lol

EDIT: I am still bloated though, and am feeling sick, but that's what I get for eating like that when i know my illness(es) don't allow it.......
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.41%

Being on a low carb diet (carb cycling), I can eat a 2000 calorie meal out of nowhere and not feel bloated. 3 hours later I'm hungry again.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Being on a low carb diet (carb cycling), I can eat a 2000 calorie meal out of nowhere and not feel bloated. 3 hours later I'm hungry again.

I get bloated from everything I eat, damn IBD.

I just finished having breakfast.....egg whites, 1 slice of low fat cheese, and a banana.......and I'm bloated.

WTF.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.45%

Mag, no harm in short term beating yourself up mate (just for a day though - not too long!). Use this next time you are tempted, just remember how sh1t you felt and that will stop you doing it again.

Echo the above though - well done on keeping strict for the rest of the time, a lot of people can't do it!

gl
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.07%

Thumbs up

Sup Magx and everyone else. I'm cutting to and let me tell you man cutting is the biggest pain in the ass ever. We all break down sometimes; **** sometimes I break down and binge for a whole week straight man. Don't beat yourself up. You went a whole month without eating unhealthy, you should be proud of that. This last time for me I lasted only about 2 weeks, but so what, you eat, you satisfy your cravings, and you go back to your diet and keep training like an animal.

I'm gonna tell you something I've come to realize through all of the cutting: Don't beat yourself up or restrict yourself too much. If you feel like you have a craving then eat what you like. If you don't then you'll just have an internal conflict with yourself in this case guilt. On my last binge this is what I did:

I was going at my diet and training hardcore. Then this craving develops. I'll call it the inner demon. LOL. So it wants to be fed. It wants to be satisfied. So what I did was I simply binged until that craving was satisfied. 1.5 weeks later, that's it I have no desire to eat sh1t anymore. Then I have a craving to continue my hardcore diet and training and keep moving forward towards my goal and I satisfy that craving. Once you satisfied that sh1t food craving and it's out of the way not causing you to want to cheat badly you're clear to focus on your cutting and go at it hard. We gotta keep our sight on the bigger perspective: yeah we wanna be ripped but **** man life is mean to be enjoyed. Don't beat yourself up over chicken wings and a pizza.

In a couple of months you'll be shredded and you'll think back and be like "daamnn those wings and pizza were good!" Good luck man I still got 2.5 stubborn inches to go until I reach my goal. DAMN LOVE HANDLES!!!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-male View Post
    Sup Magx and everyone else. I'm cutting to and let me tell you man cutting is the biggest pain in the ass ever. We all break down sometimes; **** sometimes I break down and binge for a whole week straight man. Don't beat yourself up. You went a whole month without eating unhealthy, you should be proud of that. This last time for me I lasted only about 2 weeks, but so what, you eat, you satisfy your cravings, and you go back to your diet and keep training like an animal.

I'm gonna tell you something I've come to realize through all of the cutting: Don't beat yourself up or restrict yourself too much. If you feel like you have a craving then eat what you like. If you don't then you'll just have an internal conflict with yourself in this case guilt. On my last binge this is what I did:

I was going at my diet and training hardcore. Then this craving develops. I'll call it the inner demon. LOL. So it wants to be fed. It wants to be satisfied. So what I did was I simply binged until that craving was satisfied. 1.5 weeks later, that's it I have no desire to eat sh1t anymore. Then I have a craving to continue my hardcore diet and training and keep moving forward towards my goal and I satisfy that craving. Once you satisfied that sh1t food craving and it's out of the way not causing you to want to cheat badly you're clear to focus on your cutting and go at it hard. We gotta keep our sight on the bigger perspective: yeah we wanna be ripped but **** man life is mean to be enjoyed. Don't beat yourself up over chicken wings and a pizza.

In a couple of months you'll be shredded and you'll think back and be like "daamnn those wings and pizza were good!" Good luck man I still got 2.5 stubborn inches to go until I reach my goal. DAMN LOVE HANDLES!!!

thanks for the motivation man.

Good luck on that cut!!!!!
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.31%

at least you did it right..if you're gonna cheat,go all out and enjoy yourself in the process or it's just a waste!lol
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.33%

[QUOTE=magx;820316]Had a meeting at work today and they provided pizza and wings. I had resolved not to eat any and had planned ahead by both eating a small meal first and also by bringing along a protein bar and a water......well, I decided I'd have 1 wing.

That turned into 4 slices of greasy pizza and like 10 wings, some even breaded.

Mmmmm! Were the wings hot? Was it a meatlovers? Sounds good to me. And why is this wrong? As long as these "meetings" aren't taking place 2-3 days/week you'll be fine. Lighten up and enjoy life!izza:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Should i bother with Glycobol right now?
    By Roguearthur in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
  2. So F'ing mad right now
    By Rodja in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
  3. Why is SUPERDROL so EXPENSIVE right now?
    By gazdecki in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. So pissed right now....
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
  5. Now I c why everyone is so happy with SD
    By Polish_Oak in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 09:32 PM