Cardio race - Should I carbohydrate load?

1. Cardio race - Should I carbohydrate load?

Well I have a timed event tommarow, and I want to give it my all. I have been eating fairly clean, eating smaller portions and staying away considerably well from lots of simple sugars and unnecessary unhealthy fats.
    I've been eating a moderate amount of carbohydrates, but I could definitly eat a ton more (maybe at 300g per day). I am on Anabolic Pump too, if that madders.

My event is tommarow, and I'm considering "carb loading". Is this effective? Over-carb today by ~100-200 grams? I'll be starting at 0630 tommarow, so dinner tonight is one of the last larger meal I'll be eating. Should I bulk up with the noodles at the dining hall? Eat some more back at the dorm doing homework? Or keep the same simple diet that I had going in?

Thanks

2. I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?
    True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
    I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
    I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...
    Dude, that's a respectable time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 12:31 AM
  2. Should I start doing light cardio? PICS
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 11:13 AM
  3. how long should one front load SD ancilaries?
    By nmarco37 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
  4. when should I up the cardio?
    By hamper19 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:26 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 02:46 PM