acupuncture injuries? - AnabolicMinds.com

acupuncture injuries?

  1. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10909

    Reputation

    acupuncture injuries?


    I remeber talking to a couple of people who study Chinese medicine on this board and wondered if they could chime in. My Fianc'e went to a acupuncture specialist and did her first session on her neck. She got pinned up from her top of her spin down to just above her shoulder blade.

    After the appointment she said that it hurt a great deal and could feel almost everyone of the pins go in and some hurt a great deal more then others. Now she is complainning about a numb feeling where one of the needles went in and says her neck is hurting more.


    Thoughts?

  2. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot View Post
    I remeber talking to a couple of people who study Chinese medicine on this board and wondered if they could chime in. My Fianc'e went to a acupuncture specialist and did her first session on her neck. She got pinned up from her top of her spin down to just above her shoulder blade.

    After the appointment she said that it hurt a great deal and could feel almost everyone of the pins go in and some hurt a great deal more then others. Now she is complainning about a numb feeling where one of the needles went in and says her neck is hurting more.


    Thoughts?
    Sue the **** out of em...

    ...end transmission.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  3. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Sue the **** out of em...

    ...end transmission.

    Adams
    yup.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10909

    Reputation

    How could one prove that the accupunture caused the injury?

    Also has anyone heard of this type of thing happening before?
  5. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot View Post
    How could one prove that the accupunture caused the injury?

    Also has anyone heard of this type of thing happening before?
    Ask a legal representative.... Maybe YeahRight might see this... I believe he has a background in it. I havent heard to many acupuncture stories period. But I wouldnt put it past that. Maybe went to deep, and knicked a nerve.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Ask a legal representative.... Maybe YeahRight might see this... I believe he has a background in it. I havent heard to many acupuncture stories period. But I wouldnt put it past that. Maybe went to deep, and knicked a nerve.

    Adams
    That was my thoughts, I auctually witnessed the event. During I was thinking to myself, how could this be good having some lady flick needles into your CNS? Also as far as I know most reports I've read about Acupuncture talks about it being a painless process, this looked anything but painless. She was flicking these needles in pretty hard.


    I certianlly hope that there is no serious damage, I don't care about the money. I care about her health, I am having her go see a doctor tomorrow. I appericate all the input from everyone.


    Dr liftalot
  7. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot View Post
    I don't care about the money. I care about her health

    And that was your first mistake!!!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Senior Member
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    920

    Reputation

    Those little needles hurt, i did acupuncture for awhile, didn't do a thing for me.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 05:13 PM
  2. Just what an injury can cost you..........
    By Andy2k in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:40 PM
  3. stretching and injuries
    By sage in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2003, 08:49 AM
  4. common injuries on exercises
    By sage in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 10:35 AM
  5. INJURY..........help
    By Bone in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in