Raw Eggs

1. New Member
    Answers

Raw Eggs

I just recently started drinking raw eggs, they don't taste too bad actually, the texture is the hardest part. WHat I want to know is there anyone who has been doing this for a long time? Have you ever got sick? Selmonella? What are my risks. I hear that raw eggs are actually good for you, assuming they dont have selmonella. Cooking degrades the nutritional value of the egg aparently. Can someone give me some insight on this? It is so much more convenient then having to cook them.

2. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMarc View Post
    I just recently started drinking raw eggs, they don't taste too bad actually, the texture is the hardest part. WHat I want to know is there anyone who has been doing this for a long time? Have you ever got sick? Selmonella? What are my risks. I hear that raw eggs are actually good for you, assuming they dont have selmonella. Cooking degrades the nutritional value of the egg aparently. Can someone give me some insight on this? It is so much more convenient then having to cook them.

This has been discused in extreme detail with lots of different opinions. My opinion is that you may get sick and they are actually better for you when cooked, here is a link to a site that sells liquid egg whites, they are pasteurized so they are safe,

Egg Whites International - 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites - Order Online!

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMarc View Post
    your body isn't able to fully digest the protein in raw eggs, not to mention the slight risk of salmonella. you can also develop a vitamin b6 deficiency because of a substance in raw eggs, avidin, blocks the absorption of this vitamin. what i have been doing though, is heating water to 150-160 degrees and putting several eggs in the water for 6 or 7 minutes to more or less pasteurize them and eliminate these probelms

i couldn't link to where i got this info from because im new but check out the egg whites international web site

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Here, beeyotch's:

Raw Eggs for your Health

5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    This has been discused in extreme detail with lots of different opinions. My opinion is that you may get sick and they are actually better for you when cooked, here is a link to a site that sells liquid egg whites, they are pasteurized so they are safe,

Egg Whites International - 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites - Order Online!

Ya, I heard drinking the whites alone is bad because of Avidin, but if u drink it along with the yolk you get the biotin from the yolk, so it cancels out kind of

6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Just take more B's. A hi-po multi will suffice. Believe me, your biggest danger is salmonella, not biotin deficiency.

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I'm with T-Bone International Egg Whites is a great company. You can just add it to chocolate milk and you have a instant protein shake. It's funny but it make the protein you use taste kinda like a brownie mix or some kind of batter. Don't know if you like it but i love it. One scoop chocolate protein, vanilla soy milk for flavor and egg whites tastes like brownie batter mix.

8. New Member
    Answers

I have started to drink raw eggs in the morning, after considering some facts. It is convenient. Here is a lil video I made for youtube....seems like people think its some hardcore thing.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

9. Diamond Member
    Answers

There is no sound rock.

10. Registered User
    Answers

You can likely pick up liquid egg whites at your local grocery store and save a ton of money. I am able to get them for $2/16oz.,and that is not even in bulk or anything.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. raw egg whites
    By massmonster in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 11:32 PM
  2. Raw Eggs for your Health
    By BOHICA in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 03:38 PM
  3. Diet change: no more milk but raw eggs
    By Aeternitatis in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
  4. what is wrong with eating raw egg whites?
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 12:04 PM
  5. Raw eggs
    By MaDmaN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 06:01 AM