Bread and the Bodybuilder - AnabolicMinds.com

Bread and the Bodybuilder

1. New Member

Bread and the Bodybuilder

i have been reading muscle and fitness and flex magazines for a couple of years now as well as various bodybuilding books but onew thing i have noticed is the lack of bread in a bodybuilders diet? in the magazines they always have suggestions for mass building snacks and meals etc and bread is never included. also looking at Pro Bodybuilders diets they never include bread. why is this? is bread not a great form of carbohydrate?

i dont understand this and i know a bodybuilder who lives near me who has won the Mr Britain twice now and he sees no reason why not to eat it. ( however he doesnt go on to tell me how much he eats of it). In the bread i eat ( a wholemeal bread) there is 7g of protein and 17g of carbs per slice, so surely add a bit of chicken and extra light mayo and youve got a great snack? am i right or do you guyts know something about bread that i dont?

2. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

bread can have a place in your diet. the best route IMO is the organic sprouted grain breads such as ezeikal. no flour is used and it is not processed whatsoever. this will allow all the grains in the bread to deliver their full spectrum of vitamins and minerals. i consider this to one of the superior carbohydrates available.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuildinguk
    i have been reading muscle and fitness and flex magazines for a couple of years now as well as various bodybuilding books but onew thing i have noticed is the lack of bread in a bodybuilders diet? in the magazines they always have suggestions for mass building snacks and meals etc and bread is never included. also looking at Pro Bodybuilders diets they never include bread. why is this? is bread not a great form of carbohydrate?

i dont understand this and i know a bodybuilder who lives near me who has won the Mr Britain twice now and he sees no reason why not to eat it. ( however he doesnt go on to tell me how much he eats of it). In the bread i eat ( a wholemeal bread) there is 7g of protein and 17g of carbs per slice, so surely add a bit of chicken and extra light mayo and youve got a great snack? am i right or do you guyts know something about bread that i dont?
    The processed flour freaks everybody out. You have to also watch for HFCS in some breads. I usually go with Sara Lee 100% whole wheat as it doesn't contain any HFCS. If I'm cutting hard tho I usually stay away or just have a slice every now and then.
    •   

4. New Member

HFCS? sorry not sure what you mean by this. ill also have a look around for that ezekeil bread. ive heard jay cutler mention that before so ill keep an eye out for it.
  5. Professional Member

Yeast free rye bread from whole foods. Doesn't get much better then that for your body.
  6. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

HFCS? sorry not sure what you mean by this. ill also have a look around for that ezekeil bread. ive heard jay cutler mention that before so ill keep an eye out for it.
    HFCS = high fructose corn syrup
  7. New Member

I eat 2 slices of bread a day usually with lunch, I highly recommend you try this line of bread products. They are super effective and very good for you. Food For Life
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

The Sara Lee 100% whole wheat I saw had HFCS, I was like crap, gotta go back to trader joe's.
  9. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by dlew308
    The Sara Lee 100% whole wheat I saw had HFCS, I was like crap, gotta go back to trader joe's.
    Not all the Sara Lee brands have it. I think the 100% whole grain doesn't have it. I don't have any right now or I'd look for ya.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

ah ok, i wish Sara Lee would just remove it from all their breads
  11. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by dlew308
    ah ok, i wish Sara Lee would just remove it from all their breads
    I hear ya there....Sucks to have to check labels with everything...
  12. New Member

You Can Also Find Brown-rice-bread At The Organic Section At A Kroger Store Near You.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

The sprouted bread is pretty good for chicken and turkey sandwiches but my favorite (this is great if you're lazy like me LOL) is 1 cup of oats, 2 cups of water, half a teaspoon of crystal light lemonade and 2-3 drops of liquid sucralose blended
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    The sprouted bread is pretty good for chicken and turkey sandwiches but my favorite (this is great if you're lazy like me LOL) is 1 cup of oats, 2 cups of water, half a teaspoon of crystal light lemonade and 2-3 drops of liquid sucralose blended
    Stupid question, but do you cook that or just drink it straight?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gnum View Post
    Stupid question, but do you cook that or just drink it straight?
    Drink it straight, just like my Henessey
  16. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuildinguk View Post
    There are allot of females I know that use this bread.

I sonetimes will add tuna and have a great lunch
  17. New Member

Don't drink water during a meal... Frozen chicken high in sodium... Most bread has HFCS in it....MAN, I really need to stay out (keep checking) this section out!

In the last 5 minutes I've learned that a bunch of the stuff I do that I thought was healthy isn't really all that healthy. I'm really starting to get pissed at all the junk that is being put in virtually everything these days. Rant over...
  18. Advanced Member

That is why this board is great, allot of good info to learn from. Just take the info and gain from it
  19. Banned

Thumbs down

Lmao at some of the responses in this thread.

Just buy some 100% whole wheat or Oatbran bread and eat it. It isn't unhealthy. I can't believe how much hair splitting is going on over bread.
  20. Advanced Member

Its not that their is discussion on it. what was generally being discussed was the fact of bread and bodybuilding. I think the bottom line is any serious bodybuilder will not eat to much bread. No room in the diett for it.

Yes I am sure on occasion we all eat it do to the convience of it. However eating rice and potatoes are a better source of carbs. You will never see a competitor eat bread pre contest. But if you want to have a sandwhich here and there go ahead. It wont harm you

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bertil Fox - Death and the Bodybuilder (Documentary)
    By VolcomX311 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. The Safed Musli Plant and Natural Bodybuilding Supplements
    By EZDUZIT in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
  3. I, Bodybuilder and the CNS
    By TexasTitan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 11:57 AM
  4. PEGMGF AND THE NATURAL BODYBUILDER