Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.97%

Nutritionist/Dietician Info Needed

Hi all,

I've (finally) come to the realization that while I know what quantities and macros are necessary to healthfully loose weight, I have no idea how to go about planning my weeks, having enough variety to not get deathly bored, and how to keep doing the right thing day in and day out from now until eternity amen.

So, I've decided to find a dietician, and was wondering if anyone had any helpfull hints on choosing one. Based on my needs above, would an online type of dietician work ?

Any hints/help/recommendations appreciated, thanks!

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

AlanAragon.com

Right there.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. djl
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.97%

I see seminars there, I see a book that's not available until February there. I don't see any other services that he offers...

The articles were interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    AlanAragon.com

Right there.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

djl, I would suggest looking in the phone book under dietician. Depending on where you live you might have a large number of dieticians in the yellow pages. I have a two year degree in dietetics/nutrition and would be willing to answer specific questions if I am able. Also your doctor might be able to refer you to someone. There are hundreds of variations of foods for all the macronutrients. Also check out the reciepe section on this site for some great ways to put some variety into the normal everyday diet. Hope this helps.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by djl
    I see seminars there, I see a book that's not available until February there. I don't see any other services that he offers...

The articles were interesting
    Maybe he will chime in since he does Mod this section
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Maybe someday there will be an option for nutrition counseling on the board. I am sure there are nutrition professionals that are members that would gladly participate

Another option might be to inquire whether Bobo is taking on new clients. I read that he will not until the New Year but I am sure there would be a list. Get on now.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  7. djl
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.97%

Thanks, all, I appreciate the advice.

It's a really weird thing with me--I'm a fairly smart man, I can read and comprehend all of the nutrional info here and elsewhere (and there're a lot of conflicting info, if you haven't noticed, hehe).

But when it finally comes time for me to create a plan to stick with, I get a week, sometimes two weeks, and then start cycling my food and begin to eat the same things over and over again. I have no idea how to intuitively create a varied diet/nutrition plan that's maintainable for the rest of my life.

As far as my doctor's advice... I might get slammed for this, but I'll trust my doctor to not kill me, and to make sure obviously wrong things are corrected halfway competently, but I don't trust him, nor any other physician I've ever known, to help with quality of life issues. Most I've known would simply prescribe antidepressents for anything they're not sure about.

My having quit chewing tobacco in July doesn't make eating healthfully any easier, either, let me tell ya!

And the stress of maybe having to have shoulder surgery doesn't help matters, either.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Maybe he will chime in since he does Mod this section
    lol

That's true, isn't it?

I haven't been physically or mentally able to take on new clients for almost a year, Bobo knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I would look up Layne Norton or Chuck Rudolph, both are good guys who personal counseling, well, at least I know that Chuck does. Layne may or may not be too busy finishing up his degree.
  9. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.25%

layne and chuck would both be good if you cant get alan or bobo. ive heard good things about michael elias as well.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nutritionist/Trainer Gone ... Need Help
    By dazilla in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
  2. 4-week MAX LMG Cylce info needed!
    By Timius in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 01:21 PM
  3. info needed on keys fitness. needed urgently
    By marc417 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7