my protein intake - AnabolicMinds.com

my protein intake

1. Advanced Member

my protein intake

ive calculated how much protein im taking and it varies on days but it seems to be about 330-400G of protein and im weighing 195 lbs...hopefully thats accurate on the scale b/c about 3-4 weeks ago i was only weighing 188 ...7 lbs in 4 weeks? wow! lol...but anyways if im wanting to continue with growing my muscles as big as possible and gain lean mass and weight is this enough protein intake??

right now my protein powder is dymatize elite complex...55 G of protein a serving... im wanting to get some time release to take at night so i was thinking about getting MHP's Probolic-SR for nighttime and my dymatize for morning/mid day/post workout/supper (its not a meal replacement just added to my dinner)

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Err yeah, what does your carb and fat intake look like?
  3. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Err yeah, what does your carb and fat intake look like?
    im not sure about the carbs...im usually trying to keep low fat except the good ones like omega-3's...

but here is what my diet basically looks like
    Breakfast: 2-5 Eggs between 2 whole grain bread, Cup of oatmeal (plain with a little brown sugar sprinkled on it), Protein shake
    Brunch: Protein Shake , Apple or banana
    Lunch: usually a footlong subway club, and baked layes, or 6 Taco Inn tacos..(how can u resist!! $.99 tacos!!)
    Post workout: Protein shake
    Dinner: usually chicken breast with green beans, sweet potatos or baked potatos with another protein shake
    snack: just nibble on some food or left overs from dinner (im wanting to add a nighttime protein)
    •   

4. Registered User

you're getting too much protein from shakes .. you need more meats and fish ... you also need more quality carbs from oats, rice, natural whole wheat
  5. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    you're getting too much protein from shakes .. you need more meats and fish ... you also need more quality carbs from oats, rice, natural whole wheat
    i do usually eat tuna fish for my snack at night (i haaate the taste of tuna really do but ill force myself to eat it) ...ive been wanting to try salmon and stuff...is it good?? im not a big fan of "fishy taste"
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Exactly...Too much from liquids and not enough from whole foods which means you lose out on valuable nutrition. Unless your protein shakes are packed with a buttload of protein then you're not getting 400grams of protein each day. You would also be better served breaking those down into more meals and not trying to down 100 grams of protein in each sitting.
  7. Registered User

here's what i eat

glen's diet

cans of tuna are 6 oz .. cans of chicken are 12.5 oz
  8. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    ive been wanting to try salmon and stuff...is it good?? im not a big fan of "fishy taste"
    I just started eating salmon and I'm the same way about the fishy taste. It is definitely one of the more "fishy tasting" types. As long as you have a jug of water with you to wash down chunks of it without chewing much or breathing through your nose you'll be fine. BTW, I also just started eating Cod and its definitely not as bad as the salmon so you might want to look into that.
  9. Registered User

tilapia is another great fish without a strong "fishy" taste
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

BTW, I also just started eating Cod and its definitely not as bad as the salmon so you might want to look into that.
    Yeah its hard to eat salmon a few times a week, I love Cod, it is also alot more versatile than salmon, (baked,grilled, fried,steamed) it still tastes good.
  11. New Member

A slow release protein shake before bed would really help and yea 100g in one hit would be wasting it. Maybe have your dinner with the chicken, but save the shake or half of it until right before bed. This is one of the most important times to take it IMO. You'l recover a lot better. If you could replace your brunch shake with real protein from food as well, youd be doing even better, but your on the right track.
  12. Advanced Member

ok ill switch my protein shakes around a little bit and i want to get a nighttime protein i know...and i just counted my calorie intake and its about 3900-4000 a day and that seems pretty good im about 190-195 wanting to gain LBM up to about 220 if my first goal
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    ive calculated how much protein im taking and it varies on days but it seems to be about 330-400G of protein and im weighing 195 lbs...hopefully thats accurate on the scale b/c about 3-4 weeks ago i was only weighing 188 ...7 lbs in 4 weeks? wow! lol...but anyways if im wanting to continue with growing my muscles as big as possible and gain lean mass and weight is this enough protein intake??

right now my protein powder is dymatize elite complex...55 G of protein a serving... im wanting to get some time release to take at night so i was thinking about getting MHP's Probolic-SR for nighttime and my dymatize for morning/mid day/post workout/supper (its not a meal replacement just added to my dinner)

Pretty much what everyone else said. Try to get more whole foods in there, you'll feel much more full as well.

Another thing you might want to consider is that protein intake is considered on LBM. What's your body fat %? You do not need to take in additional protein to support adipose tissue.
  14. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiKeY ReSp
    Pretty much what everyone else said. Try to get more whole foods in there, you'll feel much more full as well.

Another thing you might want to consider is that protein intake is considered on LBM. What's your body fat %? You do not need to take in additional protein to support adipose tissue.
    16& Bodyfat i think? my school trainer did it for me he set the thing up to athletic ...he said if i would of done just normal BF check it would of been around 12%
  15. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    tilapia is another great fish without a strong "fishy" taste

And believe it or not you can get tilapia at Walmart for about $2 a pound no kidding. It is in a small freezer next to the fish department. Tastes GREAT too!

BTW As was said above I just don't see where there is 400 grams of protein in what you listed and also not seeing where there is 4000 calories. Anyone else see this?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  16. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    And believe it or not you can get tilapia at Walmart for about $2 a pound no kidding. It is in a small freezer next to the fish department. Tastes GREAT too!

BTW As was said above I just don't see where there is 400 grams of protein in what you listed and also not seeing where there is 4000 calories. Anyone else see this?

CROWLER
    unless i counted up wrong...ya im taking in about 3900 cals a day... just a subway sandwhich from 740 cals and then my protein drinks have i think 260 cals...i eat oatmeal 100 cals and then eggs (on bread i make egg sandwhiches) 8-12 oz of chicken breast 3 oz's is 120 cals...green beans 2 baked potatos...ect..ect

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
  2. is my protein intake messed up?
    By AmazingAJ in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM
  4. Protein intake when on and off cycle
    By Syr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 12:50 AM
  5. Can my protein mixture degrade while in water?
    By pinoy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 12:08 AM