Fiber supps

1. board observer
    Answers

Fiber supps

Can anyone suggest an unflavored powder supp that's inexpensive? Just looking for something I can mix into a protein shake or my bedtime cottage cheese that won't ruin the taste. I'd like to add about 10g fiber/day to my diet. Thanks.

2. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

i personally prefer inulin. comes with great benefits, a sweet taste, and a reasonable price
  3. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Isn't that the same stuff they use to test glomular filtration rate in kidney function test. Never really herd it mentioned as a fiber supp. before.

Now's pysllium husk powder(extract not whole) is pretty good although it's kinda grainy if you drink it immediately, thickens the shake up a lot to.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

The only thing that I'm aware of that is FLAVOR FREE is not really cheap=Benefiber.

I just use WalMart's generic orange flavored fiber and mix it in with various flavors of Crystal Light. I have also capped some bulk fiber, but that turned into a pill popping nightmare.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  5. Gold Member
    Answers

Yeah, Benefiber is great. It really is taste-free and chalk-free to the point where you can mix it with straight water and not really taste it.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

FWIIW, I just read that they added an additional 40% more product per container for no extra charge.

And since I have some of you fiber junkies' attention...When I eat a cheat meal that is high GI (sugar) I like to add some fiber to it to slow digestion some. Does anybody know how much fiber I would actually have to take to make a difference. Let's say I ate about a cup of ice cream...I can't find anything quantitive on fiber in this manner. I just know that it will slow digestion down some...Just wondering.
  7. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    FWIIW, I just read that they added an additional 40% more product per container for no extra charge.

And since I have some of you fiber junkies' attention...When I eat a cheat meal that is high GI (sugar) I like to add some fiber to it to slow digestion some. Does anybody know how much fiber I would actually have to take to make a difference. Let's say I ate about a cup of ice cream...I can't find anything quantitive on fiber in this manner. I just know that it will slow digestion down some...Just wondering.
    ice cream is already low glycemic due to the fat and lactose
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

LOL, don't tell me that...Okay, bad example...hmm, I can't really think of anything that I eat that is high GI...I was just trying to test out a theory. Oh well, thanks.

Anymore comments on cheap, flavor free fiber?
  9. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    Anymore comments on cheap, flavor free fiber?
    not sure your stance on stevia but sweet leaf makes a stevia/inulin sweetener. not only does it contain fiber (500mg per packet or 1/4 tsp) but it also adds flavor/sweetness. its good stuff but i know some people dont like stevia.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 08:05 AM
  2. Fiber and PH
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
  3. bad supps while using ph
    By sage in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 10:54 PM