high protein diet without the odor

lifthardheavy

Awards
I'm switching from a 55C/25P/20F diet to a high-fat / high-protein diet, 25C/35P/40F. I have trouble with high-protein diets.. not only do they make me thirsty but the farts are really bad. Whey is a major culprit. I switched to NOW whey isolate, which has reduced the odorous problem compared to the cheaper 80% whey, but still the problem exists to some extent. (it's not a lactose problem btw.) Are there are any other convenient protein sources or brands of whey that don't cause horrific farts? I just can't get 270g of protein from chicken and tuna.

My co-workers would appreciate a reply.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You'll get used to it.. Don't worry. You learn to hold em and release where it's appropriate. :lol:

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cleared a whole room out at my job that would not allow people to enter for a good 10 minutes. It was horrible.

tattoopierced1

I cleared a whole room out at my job that would not allow people to enter for a good 10 minutes. It was horrible.
I train the Navy Seals for nerve gas training with my farts....

;)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's unreal the smells that come eeking out of my butt. :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The worst ones are the hot shots, woo these are bad sometimes :lol:

tattoopierced1

you know they're good when they come out of the oven hot and toasty....

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
My mother told me you're not healthy when your farts don't stink. :LOL: I think I will live 200 if she's right!

santor

Awards
I solved this problem by taking probiotics with my protein shakes. I use a product called PB8, made by NutritionNOw.com but I purchase it locally. It has 8 different types of live bacteria, does not need to be refridgerated.

santor

Awards
Today, most protein drinks use amino acids; they are already digested. Digestive enzymes at that time would be a waste of money. With solid, undigested foods, digestive enzymes would be helpful.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Today, most protein drinks use amino acids; they are already digested. Digestive enzymes at that time would be a waste of money. With solid, undigested foods, digestive enzymes would be helpful.
Is that the same thing as a digestive enzyme? i was under the impression they are not

santor

Awards
Probiotics are the live bacteria that should be living in your digestive system. They also provide your main protection from candida (yeast) and other funguses, which produce a good portion of the gas in your intestines.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i realize that ... i was refering to your statement that the amino acids in protein powder acted as digestive enzymes

santor

Awards
I neither said nor inferred that the amino acids in protein powder acted as digestive enzymes.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Today, most protein drinks use amino acids; they are already digested.
i'm sorry i've misunderstood you then ... could you please expound upon what you mean here a bit further?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im sure you know this but I believe what is TRYING to be said is since the proteins have already been broken down into their base form (amino acids) they are now bioavailable so no more breakdown needed or possible.:D

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well what i'm unsure of is whether that means its easily "digestable" ... because i know whey shakes give me gas ... i've read many people say that digestive enzymes stop this problem

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well if theyre now in amino acid form (the building block for all tissue) then they dont need to be digested (broken down) so they can be taken as is into the blood stream.

Whey gives me gas also but the probiotics Im taking along with the digestive enzymes in Optimium Nutritions whey cut it down to almost nothing.The only time I get gas now is if I make a protein shake with milk first thing in the AM on an empty stomach.

So from experience:yes digestive enzymes and probiotics work.