Cholesterol Test Kit (at home)

  1. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0

    Cholesterol Test Kit (at home)


    Anyone ever used one at home?... I see a few different ones on-line but was wondering if anyone can recommend one.

  2. Registered User
    kincaiddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    56
    Posts
    100
    Answers
    0


    Look at my post here - My First Self Injection. You can skip down to the posts on 11-5-06 for comments about my home test.

    Good luck.
  3. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kincaiddave
    Look at my post here - My First Self Injection. You can skip down to the posts on 11-5-06 for comments about my home test.

    Good luck.
    Great read on your thread.... Thanks, I have a CVS 3 blocks down from me..
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Answers
    0


    Do you know any site that sell this kind of test kit?
  5. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam
    Do you know any site that sell this kind of test kit?
    Try a google search... Tons of sites out there...



    AccuTech Cholestrak and in-the-home cholesterol tests

    CholesTrak Home Cholesterol Test
  6. Registered User
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Answers
    0


    Thanks
    I did try Google and have found a lot of them. So many that I don't know which one is good/legit and which is not.
  7. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam
    Thanks
    I did try Google and have found a lot of them. So many that I don't know which one is good/legit and which is not.
    Go with the CholesTrak seeing kincaiddave recommended it and has used it. The only FDA approved one out there. I'm picking one up today.
  8. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    Here ya go..... I see one in there with 2 test in it for $15.00.... Cholestrak - Health Care - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review
  9. Registered User
    volusia40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34
    Answers
    0

    don't waste you time


    I've used Cholestrac 3 times and all three times the results were way off. Cholestrac reads as much as 40 to 50 points below actual blood serum cholesterol results.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills
    Here ya go..... I see one in there with 2 test in it for $15.00.... Cholestrak - Health Care - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review
  10. Registered User
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by volusia40
    I've used Cholestrac 3 times and all three times the results were way off. Cholestrac reads as much as 40 to 50 points below actual blood serum cholesterol results.
    Thanks for the heads up..
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 06:23 PM
  2. Home cholesterol test machine
    By bitwise in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 04:00 PM
  3. Home Cholesterol Tests: For Real?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:43 AM
  4. At-home Cholesterol test source?
    By pcn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 07:31 PM
  5. 4AD to TEST at HOME
    By crazypete in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in