beef jerky

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
why is this not used more often? its delicious, and appears to be good for you as far as i can see. i got a bag in front of me right now. stats are as follows:

Calories - 70
Fat - 1g
Cholesterol - 20mg
Sodium - 480
Carbs - 5
Protein - 10

There is 3.5 servings in this 3.7 oz bag of teriyaki nuggets. I see that the sodium is pretty high....is this the problem? If so is there anyway to combat a high sodium diet? I hope i can eat this ****, and cuttin will be a piece of cake.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
only thing is the sodium, I eat it as a snack myself. The one I buy is 350 sodium though.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
ok if you're bulking, or not worried about diet

NOT your friend if you are cutting, that is for sure

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
ok if you're bulking, or not worried about diet

NOT your friend if you are cutting, that is for sure

why is that? what makes it so bad to cutting? low carbs low fats high protein......isnt that what your looking for?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You hit the nail on the head the sodium level.

So basically a little 3.5 ounce bag and you have your sodium for the whole day.

CROWLER

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
You hit the nail on the head the sodium level.

So basically a little 3.5 ounce bag and you have your sodium for the whole day.

CROWLER
hey crowler how about some AI magic and some HEALTHY BEEF JERKY!! I would buy pound after pound!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
why is that? what makes it so bad to cutting? low carbs low fats high protein......isnt that what your looking for?

Because despite having great macronutrient content as far the big 3 are concerned (carbs,fat,protein) the sodium content can skew your weight/appearance on a cutting cycle.

All that sodium will add a little weight onto you, which could throw you off if you are doing the cutting right and are taking a scale reading every single day and tracking your progress, and can also throw you for a loop when you look in the mirror and see how much water you are holding around the midsection.

jet11

Awards
my uncle makes homemade jerky and mails it to me all the time... all you need is meat, maranade and a dehydrater. its also a good way bc then you can control your sodium into the jerky as well

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
my uncle makes homemade jerky and mails it to me all the time... all you need is meat, maranade and a dehydrater. its also a good way bc then you can control your sodium into the jerky as well
i have all this......if i simply dont put a bunch of salt on my homemade jerky will that make it healthy?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
hey crowler how about some AI magic and some HEALTHY BEEF JERKY!! I would buy pound after pound!
because AI's are unhealthy for you and screw up your lipid panels (aside from aromasin, but they still aren't good to take unless there is a problem .. but why create that problem in the first place?)

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
because AI's are unhealthy for you and screw up your lipid panels (aside from aromasin, but they still aren't good to take unless there is a problem .. but why create that problem in the first place?)
haha i was saying AI = Anabolic Innovations.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I love beef jerky!! But that sodium prevents it from being an everyday snack. I think the salt is a necessary evil though,as it helps cure the meat.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I love beef jerky!! But that sodium prevents it from being an everyday snack. I think the salt is a necessary evil though,as it helps cure the meat.
ahh good point. crowler need to create some sort of salt alternative that is healthy and make soem danky beef jerky.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Once in a while it's not bad. I agree that bulking with it say once a week is a satisfying snack, and even though you bust sodium one day, you make up for it the rest of the week.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
You could make your own teriyake flavored jerky just using low sodium teriyake sauce.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I love making my own wild pig jerky. If anybody's interested, here's the recipe:
1) Stalk it
2) Chase it
3) Shoot it
4) Reload and repeat steps 2-3 as desired
5) Cut it
6) Dry it
7) Eat it

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I would buy it by the ton, but I don't think it's workable. But then I'm not a chemist so who knows.

KRuth22

Awards
someone once told me that sodium content won't have much of an effect on health if you drink enough water. Is this true? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I heard it a long time ago and always questioned it.

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
someone once told me that sodium content won't have much of an effect on health if you drink enough water. Is this true? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I heard it a long time ago and always questioned it.
I also heard this...any truth to it?

micjakson

micjakson

Awards
I don't see the HUGE problem with sodium. Unless you have a high blood pressure problem or you're going for a contest, it doesn't seem that bad. Yeah you will gain some water weight, but so what?(Unless you REALLY enjoy looking at and weighing yourself at all times of day). The only other thing I can think of is that it makes you thirsty too. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong or am missing anything because I would like to know if there is anything else bad about sodium.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the HUGE problem with sodium. Unless you have a high blood pressure problem or you're going for a contest, it doesn't seem that bad. Yeah you will gain some water weight, but so what?(Unless you REALLY enjoy looking at and weighing yourself at all times of day).
This is also my opinion. I think it is more of a problem healthwise for people who have high blood pressure or otherwise bad cardiovascular health. For us younger folk that exercise regularly and watch what we eat already, I don't think it's worth worrying too much about the extra sodium in jerky unless you're eating a bag every day. Salt is yummy.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have some samples coming to my house and I had some sent to Jacob from USP of ----Salmon Jerky --- stay tuned in the Synergy forum