Nervous stomach

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Nervous stomach

does anyone else have issues with early morning workout meals. I'm up at 5 and lifting by 5:45, my stomach has taken to feeling queesy lately. Any of you ealry risers have thoughts about this. I used to eat just a banana and was fine, but I'm semi-bulking and went to a 30/30 prot./carb. powder drink and follow it with Superpump for energy. What do you eat if your lifting first thing?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I usually take a protien shake (water based) and also put a little fiber powder in it. I also have been known to have a couple pieces of whole-grain bread with the shake as well. How much liquid (oz) are you getting total between the shake and the superpump? You might just be "water-logging" yourself a bit.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. Registered User

I find that N-O products have a bad effect on my stomach if I take them in the morning, that might have something to do with it.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    I usually take a protien shake (water based) and also put a little fiber powder in it. I also have been known to have a couple pieces of whole-grain bread with the shake as well. How much liquid (oz) are you getting total between the shake and the superpump? You might just be "water-logging" yourself a bit.

ManBeast

valid point........with 16oz. of shake and another 8 or so oz.s of no. I was thinking to use lukewarm as opposed to "cold" water, I recall reading that the cold water has to be warmed up by your stomach and blood before digestion will occur. Although the thought of a warm protein shake doesn't thrill me. I'll try making a pudding out of it tomorrow and see the result.

Thanks
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer
    I find that N-O products have a bad effect on my stomach if I take them in the morning, that might have something to do with it.
    possibility......I did switch from no explode to superpump.

when taken later in the day did it change your reaction?
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaw
    possibility......I did switch from no explode to superpump.

when taken later in the day did it change your reaction?

Yah, i wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, wait like 1.5 hours, take my NO product, currently Xpand. Then 40 mins later start lifitng. No upset stomach. I think right in the morning is too mcuh for your stomach to handle, maybe it's just me.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer
    Yah, i wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, wait like 1.5 hours, take my NO product, currently Xpand. Then 40 mins later start lifitng. No upset stomach. I think right in the morning is too mcuh for your stomach to handle, maybe it's just me.
    I think youre right about it being to much. I'm gonna try making a pudding instead of a drink tomorrow, and if that dont work then I'm waking up at 4 eating and laying back down I guess until its time for my NO. Lame, but lifting at my gym after work is LAMER. ~lol
  8. Registered User

I used to have this problem since I take just about everything. The first thing I reach for in the morning is a yogurt or two, and I just let it digest for a few minutes.

It seems to coat the stomach very well and nothing seems to irritate my stomach afterwards.
  9. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaw
    I think youre right about it being to much. I'm gonna try making a pudding instead of a drink tomorrow, and if that dont work then I'm waking up at 4 eating and laying back down I guess until its time for my NO. Lame, but lifting at my gym after work is LAMER. ~lol
    We have a new Pudding product out that you may find of interest. It's very easy on the stomach and has a host of benefits:

Performance Pudding is now available on Nutra Planet! Enjoy!

NutraPlanet.com: Performance Pudding (12 servings) By Nimbus Nutrition

Look for the Poseidon Pre Sale to start on Nutra Planet in less than 24 hours ;-)

Workin
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. stomach pain
    By JblazeGirlie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:55 PM
  2. About cardio on an empty stomach
    By pegasus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:57 PM
  3. Retention times of various foods in stomach.
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 07:50 PM
  4. no more cardio on empty stomach
    By Number 5 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 02:15 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 08:30 AM