White Tea - AnabolicMinds.com

White Tea

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

White Tea

hello all,

I picked up some white tea out of curiosity (very nice too by the way - but what else would you expect an englishman to say...).

After an hours reading I have found that this has more catechins than green tea, and also shows the same promising effects on colon cancer and skin cell damager, it contains more anti-oxidants than green the and slightly less caffien.

It is essentialy made the same way as green tea, but just from younger leaves which are steamed and dried immediately.

Now after finding out all that, I couldn't find the one thing that I was actually looking for... does it have the same fat fighting potenital as green tea? Based on what I have just read I am guessing yes, but would have thought that the marketers would have been promoting this benefit if it was the case?!

Anyone got an opinion on this?

Cheers all

2. Recovering AXoholic

Try running a search to look for ECGC content of white tea.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

Ah that's the kiddy I couldn't remember - ECGC! Done a bit of reading and it would appear that White Tea has more of this too - probably due to the fact it is the same leaf just less processed. Some links below for anyone who wants to have a quick read... Interestingly the last link seems to indicate that this could be beneficialy for hair loss. Haven't read further than that page on that site though yet.

ScienceDaily: White Tea Beats Green Tea In Fighting Germs

Tea For Health

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-for...Thread&t=15482
    •   

4. Elite Member

Until recently, white tea was an expensive novelty here in the states. Now it's being mass marketed and I've had some delightful varieties. Glad to hear that it has a comparable or superior health profile.
  5. New Member

if only we could get some white tea extract, somethin i have been looking for a while now... i do have to say, that i enjoy a few cups of white tea twards the end of the day.
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ah fellow tea fans...
    My true love will always be Genmai (green tea and brown rice) but white tea is great too.

---
    Black tea is withered, fully oxidized and dried. Black tea yields a hearty, amber-colored brew. Some of the popular black teas include English Breakfast, and Darjeeling.

Green tea skips the oxidizing step. It is simply withered and then dried. It has a more delicate taste and is pale green / golden in color.

Oolong tea, popular in China, is withered, partially oxidized, and dried. Oolong is a cross between black and green tea in color and taste.

White tea is the least processed. A very rare tea from China, White tea is not oxidized or rolled, but simply withered and dried by steaming.
  7. E-BOLLER

Genmaicha is the chit. It really is.

White tea has quickly become my favorite. It has the deep flavor of a black or oolong while at the same possessing a mild taste, even when steeped too long.

The benefits of additional EGCG's and catechins don't hurt either.

Protomike: I don't think there would be much difference between WTE and GTE as long as extract standards are adhered to besides cost, seeing as it is harder to come by white.
  8. Elite Member

I've noticed they sell combinations of white and other teas...

White & Red
    White & Green
  9. Senior Member

Ah, fellow Tea snobs.
    I get all my tea from this store: Teavana It's my wonderful new "hobby". After drinking loose leaf tea, I can't go back to bagged tea. I'm drinking some right now and I don't like the artificial taste to it...Oh well, gotta get my green tea in somehow.
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    Ah, fellow Tea snobs.
    I get all my tea from this store: Teavana It's my wonderful new "hobby". After drinking loose leaf tea, I can't go back to bagged tea. I'm drinking some right now and I don't like the artificial taste to it...Oh well, gotta get my green tea in somehow.
    I used to drink the loose kind but it's too much work! jk...but I prefer the bags. I've found that stashtea.com has really good pre-bagged teas. That's where I get my Genmai, and it compares to the loose IMO
  11. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    I used to drink the loose kind but it's too much work! jk...but I prefer the bags. I've found that stashtea.com has really good pre-bagged teas. That's where I get my Genmai, and it compares to the loose IMO
    Normally it would be a lot of work with loose leaf, but I got one of these:Teavana Perfect Tea Maker All I have to do is add water and let it steep. I'm lazy like that and this helps quite a bit.
  12. E-BOLLER

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    Normally it would be a lot of work with loose leaf, but I got one of these:Teavana Perfect Tea Maker All I have to do is add water and let it steep. I'm lazy like that and this helps quite a bit.
    I have one of those. It rocks.
  13. New Member

HEY! Sam's club has 200 white tea tea bags for $7.00 so pick some up today. hopefully they can reimburse me for my shameless advertising lol
  14. E-BOLLER

That is a great deal. I get 100 for four buckaroos. Prince of Peace brand Peony White Tea. But I've only found it at asian stores thus far.
  15. New Member

i drink Stash white tea too.

another good one is Choice Organic, they're based out of seattle.

Numi makes a very good one too, if you dont mind loose tea.
    you can get a Lb. on amazon.com for $25
    Amazon.com: Numi Tea Spring White, Loose White Tea, Loose Tea, 16-Ounce Bag: Health & Personal Care
  16. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Freek 420
    Protomike: I don't think there would be much difference between WTE and GTE as long as extract standards are adhered to besides cost, seeing as it is harder to come by white.
    true, but the antiviral and antibacterial applications would be great to take on a daily basis...
  17. E-BOLLER

Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    true, but the antiviral and antibacterial applications would be great to take on a daily basis...
    While true what I meant was that you could just take additional GTE to achieve the benefits of a WTE at a speculated lower cost. Quality white teas still average double the cost of quality green teas, at least in the spots I've observed, but the benefits may not be double.
  18. New Member

While true what I meant was that you could just take additional GTE to achieve the benefits of a WTE at a speculated lower cost. Quality white teas still average double the cost of quality green teas, at least in the spots I've observed, but the benefits may not be double.
    Amazon.com: Stash White Christmas White Tea, Tea Bags, 18-Count Boxes (Pack of 6): Gourmet Food
    $13.99

Amazon.com: Stash Premium Green Tea, Tea Bags, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6): Gourmet Food
    $13.99

Amazon.com: Celestial Seasonings White Tea, Imperial White Peach, Tea Bags, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6): Gourmet Food
    $13

Amazon.com: Celestial Seasonings Authentic Green Tea, Tea Bags, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6): Grocery
    $13

looks like the same price to me
  19. E-BOLLER

Hmmm... I don't shop for teas on the web so I guess I'm off on this one. What I have seen is unit of weight for unit of weight loose leaf white teas do significantly cost more in storefronts.
  20. New Member

could be

it takes up store shelve space and less people know about it so it's probably bought less often.

amazon doesnt have to worry about that because they have gigantic central warehouses sitting in the middle of nowhere where the cost for space is practically zilch.
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elzar
    amazon doesnt have to worry about that because they have gigantic central warehouses sitting in the middle of nowhere where the cost for space is practically zilch.

true... theres a few of them located all over. there is one in delaware, but whenever i order books cds or dvds they come from all over the country instead of the one an hour from my house.
  22. New Member

hmmm i thought that the antimicrobal, antibacterial, and antiviral aspects where specific to wte... either way still would be nice to get some for cold and flu season.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I picked some up and the taste is awesome and the stats dont lie, ive recently been having horrendous joint pain after exercise and when i wake in the morning, pain to the point where mobiltity is compromised and i hold on to surfaces to help spread weight. Did some research and found this thread.... now only three days later ive noted a significant reduction in stiffness and soreness. Ive also increased h20 consumption and stretching. White tea and its antioxidant qualities are for real.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Any other teas with great benfits i dont know about, im going to try to find out some more great teas ive already gone to the local "chinese store" and bought a flu tea, white tea, tea for cleasing kidneys and liver. The latter tea has some white tea in it. I now am going to find a good tea for GI flushing/cleasing. Open to any suggestions.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. White Tea / Green Tea
    By HenryScriba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
  2. White Tea: Solution To Obesity Epidemic?
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 06:31 PM
  3. Green, Red, Black and White Tea....
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 12:41 PM
  4. Spot of White Tea May Be Beneficial for Your Health
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
  5. White Tea Vs Green Tea