fats(low carb lifestyle)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

fats(low carb lifestyle)

Hey,

Research has shown that if fats are reduced too much for a peroid of time(around 3 days) then testostrone levels drop.

Chris Aceto, whom i beleive did or maybe still does Jay cutlers nutrition wrote an article in muscle and fitness on how to get ruipped and made a nutrition plan: in his nutrition plan there are barely any fat recommendations and he wrote something about fats arnt needed, as part of getting super cut. now hes an expert ; although he might be right, ive always thought that healthy fats are needed, and the research shows differently. any Knowers?

2. Board Supporter

What's wrong with a balanced diet?

What's not wrong with Muscle and Fitness?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i agree most magazines are all for promoting aother cos and bogus products. Brasso and I talked about this; however, what im saying is chris aceto who is very well known in the bodybuilding community wrote the article. YOu wont find much good stuff in those magazines but you will stumble across a good article sometime, but it takes sorting though all that other advertisements are lies to get to it.If im not mistaken chris aceto does many pros contest nutrition, and i think he did or still does Jay Cutler's.

In one of Jay's video Jay says most people are afriad to do it, but going low fat , he thinks, actually is better than moderate fat, for cutting.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

I was just being semi cynical about M&F. You CAN find some useful info in there but in general it's a waste of paper.

As for the diet discussion, that is similar to the lo-carb vs 40P/40C/20F debate that has been talked about on AM before. IMO any time you severely restrict one type of macronutrient there may be risks of inadequate micronutrition. So how much fat is the low-fat that Chris talking about? Is he talking about a diet that focuses on health and BF% or a diet that is only concerned about minimizing BF% for contests?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

hes talking about gettig real cut in a short peroid of time. for more understanding next time your at walmart its the muscle and fitness with the 6ft5 260 lbs football player on the front.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Uh oh here we go, lol, just kidding smeton, I think what Nitrox is asking is how low are we talking 5% of cals, 10%? Are we talking no fat or low fat, the beastly women of the 80's and early 90's proved that no fat doesn't work, but I think low fat has it's place. Of course I think 40/40/20 is fairly low fat
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I dont know the percentages he recommends. he just says fats arn't really required. I think its ok to go low fat for a short peroid meaning a couple or few days.

on MOST of my meals i take in more fat than carbs.

Derek_Beast had a log i kind of followed some of his stuff , along with implementing my own stuff. AGAIN research has shown that men who take in like 15 % or more(i think its 15% maybe 20%) have higher testostone levels than men who take in a lot less.
  8. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    Of course I think 40/40/20 is fairly low fat
    Agreed. Achieving those numbers with whole foods and leaving some room for EFA's already requires fairly lean protein sources. To get much less than 20% you would really have to limit your protein sources. Severely restricting your diet just to get the 'numbers' (be it low carb or low fat) is not a good thing in my book, hence my balanced diet comment.
    Last edited by Nitrox; 09-12-2006 at 10:18 AM.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Hey,
    Chris Aceto, whom i beleive did or maybe still does Jay cutlers nutrition wrote an article in muscle and fitness on how to get ruipped and made a nutrition plan: in his nutrition plan there are barely any fat recommendations and he wrote something about fats arnt needed, as part of getting super cut. now hes an expert ; although he might be right, ive always thought that healthy fats are needed, and the research shows differently. any Knowers?
    do you really think jay cutler really cares about his NATURAL testosterone levels?

a diet low in fat has no impact on total test levels when you're pinning 3 grams a week. but unless your on pro-caliber juice I wouldn't think that a typical pro pre-contest diet of <10% fat is not good.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    do you really think jay cutler really cares about his NATURAL testosterone levels?

a diet low in fat has no impact on total test levels when you're pinning 3 grams a week. but unless your on pro-caliber juice I wouldn't think that a typical pro pre-contest diet of <10% fat is not good.
    good point. Im just keeep doing what i do, keep the fats in my diet.
  11. Registered User

Exactly, who needs fats (which are involved in hormone/testosterone production) when you are taking in truck-loads of exogenous testosterone :P

That advice is piss-poor for a natural lifter. Keep eating those EFA's !
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson

wow, i gotta start proof-reading my posts, that really didn't make sense there at the end lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good read about why low carb diets must be high in fat
    By gogo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
  2. Low Fat Low Carb salad dressings?
    By Moyer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 02:22 PM