- 08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
- 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Hell no You could buy a ton of steak and rice to do that while not drinking that nasty crap.
- 08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Do they not work or do they just taste like crap?
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Taste like crap and as far as meal replacement for weight lifters there are much, much better products out there. I still suggest whole foods as much as possible.
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I have used ensure before when I had fallen rather ill.
08-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah but that's because your syphilis was acting up and you're old.
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
These are not supplements; they are marketted as meal replacements. As Jay has already stated they are not cost effective compared to whole food; for the same price you could buy some decent real carb and protein sources.Originally Posted by kdarrell
One thing they do have going for them is convenience. IMO a better, cheaper convenient source for extra calories to gain weight is a protein shake with a lower GI carb source like milk and/or oats.
08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I think what Size was saying that Ensure is only good for when you're too sick to get solid food down.Originally Posted by kdarrell
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
(1) The nutrient content is far underdosed.(For gaining weight)Originally Posted by kdarrell
(2) The negatives from the sugar content outweigh the benefits of the product.(For gaining weight)
EDIT: Sorry Size, didn't mean to infer that it wouldn't help in a situation similar to yours.
08-16-2006, 05:09 PM
It helped me get nutrients and calories while I was ill. When healthy and able to eat, one has much better choices.Originally Posted by kdarrell
Similar Forum Threads
- By Gmonkey in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2003, 09:31 PM
- By DoctorX2k2 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:56 PM
- By Technics in forum SupplementsReplies: 24Last Post: 05-03-2003, 12:41 PM
- By Sheesh in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-01-2003, 02:05 PM
- By Sheesh in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:50 AM